• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Introduce Diverse New Warriors Characters “Snowflake” (Jock) & “Safespace” (Non Binary) B Negative (vampire) Screetime (Edgy Meme Boy) & more

JSoup

Banned
Guess Marvel's containment books are getting a bit too full.
Depending on how they play it, it'll either reach a whole new dimension of cringe or it'll be the funniest thing ever.
Fun and funny would be the way I'd play it, but that depends more on the writers than the artists.

GymWolf

Remember this when people debate that there's a trend of woke ideology in entertainment and media. There's a lot of patently invalid "if you complain about this stuff you're just as bad as the woke side." type of arguments that get made.

It shouldn't have to get this bad in every single industry before people stop denying that this is a trend and it's damaging. You can see the effects becoming worse and faster in comics than other mediums because of how quickly "fresh talent" can be brought on board and produce new books. Without seeing the gradual, industry wide, decline something this shitty is almost unbelievable... but after having already experienced comics like Ignited, for instance:

OicxId8.png
T5UuIUm.png

xCmK9ZG.png

J2HRo50.png

That are (co) written by comics veterans like Mark Waid, it's nearly impossible to be shocked. These people are absolutely steeped in it. I can only hope that the universal backlash against this New Warriors rollout can serve as the beginnings of a wake up call.
is this shit real? do they really talk about white privilege and white man with guns in a fucking comic?

GymWolf

Surely this is some kind of social experiment. It started off ridiculous and then I read about "Trailblazer" and couldn't maintain my suspension of disbelief.
can you explain to me the trailblazer joke related to the fat bitch? is the only one that i dont understand.

Cato

Banned
Hey MARVEL. I have an idea, not just for a superhero but an entire team.
Is very progressive.

Captain Cuck and his three Hotwifes.
Captain Cuck has powers that are fueled by the power of virginity. In fact, if he ever loses his virginity his magical powers will be permanently lost.
He has three wives, named DeapThroat, Anal and Vagina.
He charges his powers by watching other men have sex with his wives while he himself is tied up, locked in a cage.

Their main mission is to track down and fight bigots and trump supporters.

What do you think? Maybe we can get a netflix series based on this team?

JSoup

Banned
can you explain to me the trailblazer joke related to the fat bitch? is the only one that i dont understand.

I'm actually not clear on this one either.
Like, she's a trailerblazer because of her gender/sex/weight/ethnicity/other thing?
Or is it referring to one of the few sex acts safe search off Google is showing me?

GymWolf

Like, she's a trailerblazer because of her gender/sex/weight/ethnicity/other thing?
Or is it referring to one of the few sex acts safe search off Google is showing me?
tbh i don't even know what a trailblazer is to begin with...

Last edited:

Barnabot

This author, man :messenger_tears_of_joy:

"Hi guys, I'm a nonbinary woman who likes women, and I think I've got multiple people living inside me. Oh, and my girlfriend and I are going to get out of poverty by making dice. Pls no bully."

what does mean being a nonbinary woman who likes women and have multiple people living inside her?

jason10mm

Gold Member
I think it is because she waddl...er runs in first to face danger. Maybe she is the team lead?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Twitter people claim they can come up with better because they have pronouns in their bios. Identity doesn't equate to writing quality. You can be trans and it can still be as garbage as this. lmao.

StormCell

I bet the creators of this had to work really hard to keep straight faces while presenting these characters. I'd die laughing.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
This is 100% a parody to trigger the anti-SJW crowd, and they are falling for it.
if by "falling for it" you mean "profiting off woke media continually shooting itself in the foot" then yes, yes they are. this stupidity is probably going to sustain a number of youtubers for weeks during these troubling times. don't blame them, the comic people knew they were going to get that coverage when they did this, it's part of their plan to stay relevant. i'd bet "toxic youtubers" are 70% of the people even covering comics/movies these days. these are actually the people promoting your products. so good job lol.

i just have to question the very strategy of creating media with the purpose of not pleasing an audience, but is DISPLEASING an anti-audience. seems very reactionary. it also seems like it will be appealing to very very few people.

it's also a weird fucking way to go about a civil rights struggle. gay marriage became accepted because more and more people just ended up in relationships, in real life and on tv, it was normalized. it was a hard fought decades long struggle. it didn't happen because gay people triggered extremists until they won. triggering extremists is not a valid strategy for doing anything other than getting clicks.

it's also extremely entitled for a creator to do this, to have the opportunity to tell a story, create a character, whole worlds, etc. and they just decide they want to trigger people they don't like. i guess making people mad is more important than telling a story. i guess creatives don't feel any need to cater to any audience that they don't 100% identify with these days. just more entitlement IMO.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Trailblazer is blazing a trail for obese people that somehow also have a thigh gap
mUH9Jsb.jpg

seriously, why does she have a thigh gap? those are only for skinny people. no fat people reading your comic is going to have a thigh gap.
Come on, your pelvis isnt wider than your shoulders? They should have called her Pyramid!

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully they were created just so some super vilan can slaughter them in an absolute blood bath the likes of which comics have never seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom