• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Introduce Diverse New Warriors Characters “Snowflake” (Jock) & “Safespace” (Non Binary) B Negative (vampire) Screetime (Edgy Meme Boy) & more

sol_bad

I'm
Your theory is based off of what? It can't be the last half decade of marvel comics.

And :messenger_grinning_smiling: at sol_bad sol_bad . Zero standards when it comes to Disney

I'm so confusion. Did you mean to put this in another thread?
:messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat:

I'm sure I'll eventually get to these comics one day but right now I'm still in the 60's for my read order.

crowbrow

Banned
The left comic book scene used to have its main representative in Alan Moore. A titan writer. Now this is the perfect example of what a pathetic shallow shadow of itself the left ideology has become. Between this and Zoe Quinn making comics, the comic book scene is pretty much in shambles right now. Burn it all.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Kiwis are New Zealanders, not Australians.

It comes from New Zealand being the main exporter of Kiwifruits, and the native Kiwi Bird.

7pN9TLe.jpg

The slang for Australian would be Aussie.

Aussies are known to steal for themselves the best the kiwis have to offer, so it wouldn't be that extraordinary if they stole the nickname too..

I think Marvel are clever to make it blatently obvious to those who have no self awareness if they have those traits, and for people who are laughing at it taking it so seriously, which of course is making a joke out of it.

It could of course, blow up in their face.
uPiv7Ul.gif

Shaqazooloo

Not gonna lie, I saw this thread and watched several YouTube video's about this and I still can't believe this is real...

It's just a joke, right?

Ten_Fold

Im sorry LGBTQ, I know yall want representation and all but this looks really bad, it's like they were laughing while making this. This seems like a check off list type of thing.

Nickolaidas

This is what happens when Kevin Feige steps in.

NO, Hulk and Spiderman are NOT going to become trans and suck eachothers girl-dicks.
Not gonna happen.
I have movies to make and no time for your degenerate bs destroying the assets I build my movies on.

So they have to create new characters from scratch.
And this is the result.
Who could have predicted?
Not sure this comic will sell well. The twelve crazy people on twitter that demands this bs are all broke and can not affort to buy any books anyway.

This is probably Feiges plan to just bancrupt and shutdown marvel comics completely so he gets complete control of the characters.
I love comics but I think this is for the best.
I wholly prefer making new characters with the sexuality/political interests the creator wants to express or attempt to hype, rather than changing established characters. Which is why I have an issue with Iceman. He was never portrayed as closeted-gay or whatever in the past of his career, they just decided to make him gay just for the fuck of it. It's … cringeworthy to read, just like reading Spider-Man getting along with Jonah Jameson for the past few months.

Truth is that I'm getting more and more disinterested in Marvel comics (as well as DC) in the last months … but I don't think that this woke thing is the reason. I just can't handle the constant flux of events and status quo changes that seem to occur every four months. Stark is resurrected only to tell us that now he's an A.I. and has yet again to fight for the mantle with his brother who resurrected their parents even though we just had one arc where it was revealed none of them was actually Tony's parents and his father was a Hydra agent and his mother was a rock star ...

It's a fucking mess. A clusterfuck.

But the straw that broke the camel's back was seeing Zemo's demise at the hands of … one of the Kingpin's goons? Zemo, who had an amazing arc in the Thunderbolts, who amassed great cosmic power and became more heroic than Captain America devolved into a I-don't-care idiot who was eating chips while the Kingpin told him to watch out for the Punisher and … seriously? The Kingpin pwned Zemo? I rolled my eyes so hard at this.

So yeah. Slowly moving away from all this.

Cato

Banned
I wholly prefer making new characters with the sexuality/political interests the creator wants to express or attempt to hype, rather than changing established characters. Which is why I have an issue with Iceman. He was never portrayed as closeted-gay or whatever in the past of his career, they just decided to make him gay just for the fuck of it. It's … cringeworthy to read, just like reading Spider-Man getting along with Jonah Jameson for the past few months.

Truth is that I'm getting more and more disinterested in Marvel comics (as well as DC) in the last months … but I don't think that this woke thing is the reason. I just can't handle the constant flux of events and status quo changes that seem to occur every four months. Stark is resurrected only to tell us that now he's an A.I. and has yet again to fight for the mantle with his brother who resurrected their parents even though we just had one arc where it was revealed none of them was actually Tony's parents and his father was a Hydra agent and his mother was a rock star ...

It's a fucking mess. A clusterfuck.

But the straw that broke the camel's back was seeing Zemo's demise at the hands of … one of the Kingpin's goons? Zemo, who had an amazing arc in the Thunderbolts, who amassed great cosmic power and became more heroic than Captain America devolved into a I-don't-care idiot who was eating chips while the Kingpin told him to watch out for the Punisher and … seriously? The Kingpin pwned Zemo? I rolled my eyes so hard at this.

So yeah. Slowly moving away from all this.

Me too, and that is as someone that used to spend a hundred dollars a month in comic book stores.
Marvel is dead for me. I haven't bought a single book in several years and never plan to again.
I am not interested in buying woke-Marvel books. And it seems the demographics they try to pander to are not interested in buying their books either. Or maybe they are just broke.
For DC, I only still buy Batman, but not indiscriminantly. Tom King I will never buy another book from. He is just too over the top.
It is like they all compete against eachother who can come up with the stupidest, bullshit ever.

I think we are at end of the road for comics and comic books stores right now. It saddens me but what can I do.
I do still buy crowdfunded comics. I recommend Narwal. His Earthbound book was great.
Ethan van Sciver and CyberFrog is pretty awesome too.
At least they try to make comics that people want to buy.
But can you really survive an industry based on crowdfunding? I doubt it.

Last edited:

Ixiah

Banned
Update:
The release date for the Comic has come and gone and nothing happend, guess its canceld ?
Kinda sucks, i realy wanted to see how "Internet Gas" works.....
On another note, the Author Daniel "Chad" Kibblesmith, threatend to beat up Cops with a Baseball Bat on twitter because they yelled Trump 2020.

JSoup

Banned
My understanding is it, like piles of other projects, was delayed due to covid.
There are mentions from a month or two ago from insiders saying it was cancelled due to response.

DESTROYA

My understanding is it, like piles of other projects, was delayed due to covid.
There are mentions from a month or two ago from insiders saying it was cancelled due to response.
I have read the same thing , it pretty much got canceled because of the horrible reception of the characters and the backstory behind them.

Top Bottom