• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel is dumb. Spider-Man gets organic webshooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XS+

Banned
DeadStar said:
heh its allright, but it doesnt hold a candle to Terry Dodsons Black Cat

Spider-Man-Black_Cat_1_complete.jpg
Spider-Man-Black_Cat_2_complete.jpg
Looks like Adam Hughes recovering from a hand injury..

Shinobi

karasu said:
Running out of webbing is only one side of it. I also liked how he came up with different types of webbing, impact webbing and shit. And mainly, it's lame to change something just because a fucking movie is popular. It's like they think the movie was popular because of his Organic webbing for crying out loud.

I agree, that reasoning is pretty lame...you can't ever put the mainstream above the core audience, and whether they or not it's what it sounds like they're doing. But I still don't care...chances are we would've gone another ten years without the web carts being an integral part of any story, and no one would've given a damn. I just wanna see how this is explained though...cause if people think the science behind the web carts are bad, this should take the biscuit. :lol

draven

nomoment said:
Aren't you going to miss the "uh-oh, I'm out of web-fluid" moments? I will. (A shame nobody ever writes theses in anymore).

God damn, that's just fucked up. What the hell did Peter Parker ever do to you? Why are you wanting to fuck this guy's life up, and getting pissed when an actual good thing happens to him like this? He just saved a bunch of money on transportation costs. Don't come crying to me about raising gas prices when the guy had to spend hundreds of dolars to websling across town. I personally am happy for him that he doesn't have to shell out the cash.

Hell, you were probably ecstatic when Gwen Stacy died, weren't you?!

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I have to ask is this change actually making anything better? Is it actually needed? I cant see why it is, the editor said himself said the webshooters had become a non issue , so why fuck with them and replace them with something else that will become a non issue. As a spiderman fan i am dissappointed yet i know it will become a thing of the past in a few issues. Leaving me puzzled why they bothered to waste the ink on it in the first place. If anything the comics these days are getting away from peter parker the genius and it more about peter parker todays guest on The View just a total puss. I will miss the many different variations of webbing Peter would devise to fit the situations he faced. It seems like they are limiting his character, his webbing while it may not be a big topic NOW with the current staff has always been a core part of the character. I cant say I like this.

nomoment

draven said:
God damn, that's just fucked up. What the hell did Peter Parker ever do to you? Why are you wanting to fuck this guy's life up, and getting pissed when an actual good thing happens to him like this? He just saved a bunch of money on transportation costs. Don't come crying to me about raising gas prices when the guy had to spend hundreds of dolars to websling across town. I personally am happy for him that he doesn't have to shell out the cash.

Hell, you were probably ecstatic when Gwen Stacy died, weren't you?!
What's YOUR problem? You want Peter Parker to be a genetic freak? Someone with "fluid" that leaks out of his wrists whenever he chooses?

That's just wrong.

belgurdo

Banned
I'm still trying to figure out why givng an extra organ to a character that can climb walls using hairs on his hands, dive through the air without asphyxiating or passing out, has extreme ESP, and can get hit by a truck/buried/shot/electrocuted with no lasting damage sounds "unnatural" or "wrong" to you people

border

Jesus, who cares? Fanboys will still buy it anyway, and they can still have all the ridiculously lame plot contrivances as before. If you sit around spitting all day, your mouth will dry out. If you have sex 25 times in a day, eventually you'll run out of semen and just have dry orgasms. I don't see why an "organic" source of webbing would be infinite in supply.

I agree that the change isn't really necessary (except that it always seemed stupid for Peter to have made this amazing thing and never patented it or offered it up for use in the free market).....but I don't see how it fucks everything up.

Sriram

border said:
(except that it always seemed stupid for Peter to have made this amazing thing and never patented it or offered it up for use in the free market)

Why would he do that, if hes using it as spider-man? I think people would figure it out. Anyway, this is kinda dumb and its completely uneeded cause it wont add to the character in any way or be of any use to the story. Just changing the character to be more like the one in the shitty movies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
I sit firmly on the side of the, "Who cares?" aisle. I certainly don't care. Nobody did anything with his web shooters before and it's not like Spider-Man is realistic to begin with. It really doesn't matter and I don't see this lasting for an extended period of time.

border

Sriram said:
Why would he do that, if hes using it as spider-man? I think people would figure it out.
He's the only photographer who takes pictures of Spider-Man, and yet nobody is able to put together that hum-dinger of a puzzle. Marvel's New Yorkers are stupid....and so is Parker if he whines about making the rent every month when he's sitting on a goldmine of an invention. The contradiction doesn't destroy the character or anything, I always just thought it was a little silly ;)

XS+

Banned
belgurdo said:
I'm still trying to figure out why givng an extra organ to a character that can climb walls using hairs on his hands, dive through the air without asphyxiating or passing out, has extreme ESP, and can get hit by a truck/buried/shot/electrocuted with no lasting damage sounds "unnatural" or "wrong" to you people
Stop making sense! That's an order!

karasu

[UOTE=]I'm still trying to figure out why givng an extra organ to a character that can climb walls using hairs on his hands, dive through the air without asphyxiating or passing out, has extreme ESP, and can get hit by a truck/buried/shot/electrocuted with no lasting damage sounds "unnatural" or "wrong" to you people[/QUOTE]

It's wrong like giving Superman ice vision, Indiana Jones a Kangol, or Batman wings. I have a hard time understanding what's so hard to 'get' about it. If some are apathetic about it, ok. But it should be common sense that some will care about a major change like this. Jesus, for fourty years the dude has used web shooters, now he magically has organic webbing. It's a little wtf'ish. I always liked how he couldn't inately do everything a spider can. Since his powers were an accident, I like how he was somewhat limited. He didn't have 8 eyes or arms or webs and shite like he was a well planned experiment. It made things somewhat unpredictable. Most Classic Marvel characters that get their powers by accident also get a major downside/limitation. Spiderman's downside was the further mutation into a giant Spider, but his limitation is gone now.

Asbel

Marvel's New Yorkers are stupid....and so is Parker if he whines about making the rent every month when he's sitting on a goldmine of an invention.
Parker's problems never made practical sense for someone with his abilities and intellect. Marvel just made him whine because angst sells.

Sriram

Well, if he sold it, a bunch of wanna be spider-men would probly pop up and piss him off. This is uneeded and just makes me hate the movies even more. By they way, Im not in any way a hardcore comic reader at the moment.

Rorschach

First X-Men, now Spidey. Trying to tarnish Gwen to make way for MJ (the movie's love interest) and now changing his web shooters. I kinda understand why you would want to change the story/origins when transitioning to movie to fit the regular movie going audiences, but why change the comic? This will just alienate regular readers and it won't really draw any new readers. It's not like Joe Schmo gives a shit about comics, Gwen Stacy, or where Spider-Man's webs come from. The average fanboy does, though. Stupid moves on Marvel's part (as usual).

DaveH

I was rooting through some old comics and flipped through Superman vs Spiderman II. In it, Spidey and Supes team up against Doom and Parasite (vs?!). When Parasite steals Spiderman's abilities, he still makes note that his shooters remain an unstolen advantage.

W/ organic shooters, would they get stolen by people like Rogue? And what about that point in the article, would Pete's DNA be in the webbing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom