• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

animus82

Banned
i've actually had pretty good luck in the last few days
spidy purple
torch black
black widow from the widow event...
and soon I will just get a falcon :p

as for being hard up....
well I would just start recruiting the heroes I like again before bagman...
like lets see if I can get 3 max level two star widows on my team MWA HA HA

oh hey actual results after an event this is new

what team do you use Zulu? Your MMR must be lower than mine since you can get rank 2 in like the last hour.

I got hit for 75 points in the last hour. The top shielded guy in my bracket had like 1200+ points.

zulux21

what team do you use Zulu? Your MMR must be lower than mine since you can get rank 2 in like the last hour.

I got hit for 75 points in the last hour. The top shielded guy in my bracket had like 1200+ points.

My team is typically 141 patch + 85 widow + some random other character (when I have a choice usually 1 star storm lol... though it will likely change to 3 star mags now)

I think what helps me is I don't do a ton of matches in the events. I place well enough but it's typically at the sacrifice of rewards from all the sub events (aka I get in my bracket quickly so that the leader has a lot of points and rubber band my way to a top 50 or so) typically the reward difference between 50 and anything higher isn't much so I don't usually care about going higher.

I've also been doing nothing but tanking in lightning rounds recently. I don't even bother trying to win them just get in as they go live so the seeder teams are there and use a tank team (usually something like 1 star storm, 2 star mags and the featured hero (my own version) so they aren't super easy to beat as their level is on average over 50, but easier to beat than a lot of other teams out there so I usually get hit 10+ times.

I think in general something screwed up with my rating recently though (in a good way lol)... I know they altered it a bit, but I only saw a handful of teams with a 3 star that wasn't dr doom in the doom event, and I never saw a doom over level 80 all the way on my crawl to 900+ points.

I think the shield simulator is dropping me down since I got myself up to 100 or so points and keep getting attacked (last I looked I am at 230 points or so... I've on average gained like 30 points a day not playing it lol)

Man, my luck has been extra shitty with the recruit tokens. I must have got at least ten of them through the whole event (including the PvP events) and didn't get a single three star. Just a ton of that crappy Moonstone. I did brute force some through the normal rewards though, but damn. It's like opening a present and getting a big pile of shit.

Every. Single. Time.

Edit: THE INTERNET GODS HAVE HEARD MY SHOUTS! And I got a...Red - Grey Suit Black Widow. At least it's something.

zulux21

Man, my luck has been extra shitty with the recruit tokens. I must have got at least ten of them through the whole event (including the PvP events) and didn't get a single three star. Just a ton of that crappy Moonstone. I did brute force some through the normal rewards though, but damn. It's like opening a present and getting a big pile of shit.

Every. Single. Time.

Edit: THE INTERNET GODS HAVE HEARD MY SHOUTS! And I got a...Red - Grey Suit Black Widow. At least it's something.

my last heroic gave me a blue daredevil... yay for a cover for a character I don't plan on leveling past level 15 lol

also, unlike when I spent 1k hp to buy some covers for my two star storm, I am totally not regretting spending 2.5k on two covers for 3 star mags (i might if he gets nerfed tomorrow lol) his blue and red moves goes stupid good with my team like I thought they would lol.

New patch info some good stuff (and an original black widow nerf)

Alliances
- Thanks to Field Agents' feedback on the S.H.I.E.L.D. Intranet, Alliance Chat history no longer scrolls to the top when new posts arrive.
- Fixed an issue preventing the notification icon from appearing on the Alliance Button when new messages came into Alliance Chat
Gameplay
- Agents are now notified if they finish a fight after an Event has ended
UI
- The Black Widow and Hawkeye tabs are no longer visible in the Recruit Heroes menu unless the Agent has a Token to redeem for those heroes
- Alliance rank now shows up on any Event that uses that ranking
- A notification to join an Alliance now appears in the leaderboards for Alliances
- The Cover cache now has a “Sell All” button
- A new animation plays on collecting a reward from a mission or Comic Pack
- The Cover Store has been heavily revamped, showing Agents a better view of the available characters in a given pack
- The Info button in the Cover Store now uses a menu that stays inside of the Client instead of an outside web page
- 40x Comic Packs are now available for Agents that want to try for a larger selection of recruits in a Cover Pack purchase
- Except for the first cover, tapping on the rewarded cover in a 10x or 40x pack now skips the animation
Character
- Black Widow (Original) is known for her nefarious tactics in combat. One of her most diabolical tricks has been nullified; When on an enemy team, she will no longer fire Espionage unless she is the most powerful color strength in a tile match.
iOS Only
- The client now requires iOS 6.0 or higher.

bolded the good stuff... and yes that is technically a widow nerf, even if it's a good nerf as it only makes her weaker on the enemy team instead of a cheating whore :p

no info on falcon's full purple yet.

NineH

I'm also finally getting some luck with the tokens. The Hunt token got me a blue Black Panther so that's pretty cool.

shaowebb

Got my Magento covers and ended up drawing Invisible Woman green cover off a random recruit token, and also nabbed a Falcon. Quite a haul.

Sadist

D3 must have opened the floodgates;

In the last week I got 2 x Spider-Man OG (yellow, purple), Gold Thor, Wolverine X-Force, Daredevil red, Grey Suit Widow and I won a Magneto.

Oh and the the recruit token from the Falcon event got me a purple Falcon. Damn.

Is Wolverine X-Force worth it btw?

that sucks... could you have shielded to prevent this? or was it one of those cases... you were gonna shield at a certain amount but each time you got near it you were attacked :( ?

Yeah, I was never really far enough below #20 to feel comfortable.

Is Wolverine X-Force worth it btw?

Not really. I mean, you might as well keep him around and add to him where you can, but he's so super rare, and not great even when put together. Character is in sore need of a buff to make him worthy of the four stars. Seriously the worst of the three Wolverines. But don't sell him or anything, of course. The "Best there is" PVP rolls around occasionally, and it's cool to have such an uber rare character (only Invisible Woman is seen less in my experience). Plus, who knows, they may buff him eventually.

Welp:

k6omHba.png

Clearly She-Hulk and another Storm in the middle (4 star, I'm betting). The other two, I'm not sure, the first one might be Cyclops? Or Fantomex?

EDIT: Oh duh, the first one is Nick Fury. So the only question now is who the 4th one is.

Askani

Welp:

k6omHba.png

Clearly She-Hulk and another Storm in the middle (4 star, I'm betting). The other two, I'm not sure, the first one might be Cyclops? Or Fantomex?

EDIT: Oh duh, the first one is Nick Fury. So the only question now is who the 4th one is.

With how Impressed I am with their design team, probably Sentry. 1 yellow and he can do 10k to the entire enemy team. I'm sure they think that's a great idea and see no flaws.

EDIT :::::

lol...beaten to the Sentry punch.

Also, if they don't use one of the covers from John Byrne's era for her cover, they're doing it wrong. She was totally the Deadpool prototype when it comes to 4th wall breaking.

Sensational-1.jpg

59e61e8d-a5cd-474f-8901-89dbae95b67d.jpg

There was the "jump rope" incident:

1472513-401209_4243_130929_1_sensational_she_hulk_super.jpg

2009-03-13_133256_3.jpg

She constanly broke the 4th wall, Deadpool style. I liked when she showed up in Peter David's Hulk and started talking to the audience in Bruce's presence and he was like "who the hell are you talking to??" and wanted her to see a shrink.

Aaand of course, how it all ended:

401218-4243-130940-1-sensational-she-hulk.jpg

Anilones

For the strategy types, what is a suitable team for the current event? I've tried a few combos but not getting the synergy I think may be possible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Welp:

k6omHba.png

I hope it's Adam Warlock, just to give hope for a GotG tie in D;

Also Falcon yellow + Daken is a treat. With Astonishing Wolverine too, you can use it to heal Wolverine while simultaneously boosting your strike strength.

I hope it's Adam Warlock, just to give hope for a GotG tie in D;

Also Falcon yellow + Daken is a treat. With Astonishing Wolverine too, you can use it to heal Wolverine while simultaneously boosting your strike strength.

Ah, hell yeah! That would be awesome.

Also, I'm kind of digging Falcon blue with Patch, since he'll immediately take away one of the enemy strike tiles you just created.

zulux21

For the strategy types, what is a suitable team for the current event? I've tried a few combos but not getting the synergy I think may be possible.

something like daken + thor + falcon likely works well (daken makes strike tiles as you collect green for call the storm, and falcon makes those tiles stronger as you collect yellow for green battery move)

Im just currently goofing around with patch and 3 star mags... and man mags is so much more broken with me controlling him than the AI lol.

Ah, hell yeah! That would be awesome.

Also, I'm kind of digging Falcon blue with Patch, since he'll immediately take away one of the enemy strike tiles you just created.

I didn't even think about that... hmmm I've read as soon as you kill the tile you can do the blue passive again... I wonder if I use mags' blue move to remove the tile if I could repeatedly get rid of patch's bad tiles *goes and checks*

nope even worse the move only seems to trigger at the start of a turn... which makes it useless for my play style of patch as my goal is to never give the enemies another turn after my patch goes lol.

What's the recommended build for Modern Storm? I'm putting her together for like the third time now. I'm thinking 5/5/3 but maybe the strike tiles from the black power cards is worth going higher? Red and the environment break also seems a weak spot to me.

Yeah, 5/5/3. Red is a must at 5. It pretty much breaks the game on desert or jungle levels, especially when you pair her with Thor or OBW, or preferably both.

EDIT: Nice! I just drew a second purple Falcon!

zulux21

What's the recommended build for Modern Storm? I'm putting her together for like the third time now. I'm thinking 5/5/3 but maybe the strike tiles from the black power cards is worth going higher? Red and the environment break also seems a weak spot to me.

the black move is really a trap. on paper it sounds good to go higher, in practice it rarely works out to that much more damage.

Her green move at 5 is an absolute as it increases the amount of AP you get back from using it.

at the same time her red move increases the amount of ap you get back from using the green move as well. Her red move is easily one of the better moves, and most overlooked moves in the game (it's obviously not on par with spidy's stun or mags moves, but I am hard pressed to think of a 1 star or 2 star move aside from widow's healing move that I like more)

On paper I can see the red move not being great, as most stages suck for environment. but if you are on stages that have good environments it's a beastly move (especially on the desert stage as if you get a few lucky drops 1 star storm with a green red combo can wipe out a team of 141s by herself) The big thing people seem to forget with the red move is the after effect. With all of the event tiles removed you are far more likely to get matches of colors you want, and often get cascades from the move. Any one part of the move's effects isn't amazing but when you take all of the effects (damage from tiles destroyed, no event tiles for green move so you get only ap and not event like with 2 star storm, event to use on useful stages, no event tiles in the way so you are more likely to match what you want) it's easily one of my favorite moves in the game, and a move I have been constantly using even with my high level team.

Sadist

Not really. I mean, you might as well keep him around and add to him where you can, but he's so super rare, and not great even when put together. Character is in sore need of a buff to make him worthy of the four stars. Seriously the worst of the three Wolverines. But don't sell him or anything, of course. The "Best there is" PVP rolls around occasionally, and it's cool to have such an uber rare character (only Invisible Woman is seen less in my experience). Plus, who knows, they may buff him eventually.

As it currently stands... not really
but it has been confirmed he will get a boost at some point... so after that you might want him around.

Hmmmm.... I see. I guess I'll keep 'em. Gathered 600 heropoints, so maybe I can spend 300 on a new slot on him. Two Star Hawkeye seems pretty useless, so I dropped him.

Btw, Falcon's Purple attack seems good.

zulux21

Hmmmm.... I see. I guess I'll keep 'em. Gathered 600 heropoints, so maybe I can spend 300 on a new slot on him. Two Star Hawkeye seems pretty useless, so I dropped him.

Btw, Falcon's Purple attack seems good.

in general if you want to compete in this game you want to make sure to keep every single 3 and 4 star as they will likely be required at some point... really I just keep any character that can be useful (I have a roster of 34 or 35 lol)

Sadist

That's my plan, but I heard X-Force Wolvie was pretty meh, and I want to wait for Uber Daken :p At this point my roster consists of 24 characters and seven of those are two stars. Everybody else is three star stuff.

Spider-Man 4/3/4
Hulk 5/2/1 (need to get to 3000 points for that black cover!)
Patch 3/1/3
Pyslocke 2/3/1
Doctor Doom 2/2
Invisible Woman 1/2
Iron Man M40 1/1/2
Punisher 1/2/1
Wolverine X
Daredevil 2/0/1
Thor 0/2/0
Steve Rogers 1/1/0
Human Torch 1/0/1
Magneto 0/2/0
Loki 1/1
Black Panther 1/0/0
Falcon 0/1/0

Hope to get a complete Spidey soon.

shaowebb

Dear lord that is The Sentry O_O

I knew they would have to get around to adding him eventually because in the Marvel Dark Reign comic story arc he was the absolute biggest and most looming threat at all times within the story. Someone with more power than Superman who is struggling with schizophrenia and manic depression working for Osborn .

Wanna know why we dont see Ares in the comics anymore? Him and The Sentry were on the same team...Ares got too close to The Sentry during a moment when he was most definitely not holding things together very well.

This guy is gonna be dangerous when he launches.

in general if you want to compete in this game you want to make sure to keep every single 3 and 4 star as they will likely be required at some point... really I just keep any character that can be useful (I have a roster of 34 or 35 lol)

I hear ya. I have 38 slots filled and I refuse to even part with Yelena or Venom. How many characters are in the game now?

I don't have Fury, Panther and likely a few others.

shaowebb

I hear ya. I have 38 slots filled and I refuse to even part with Yelena or Venom. How many characters are in the game now?

I don't have Fury, Panther and likely a few others.

There are 40 characters in the game.

Wiki list of characters and their power by level

BTW Yellow Falcon Ability + Daken+ Thor = ridiculous.

You of course go nuts with yellow and green tiles on this team fishing for Thor to create green and call the Thunder. What happens is Daken places stupid amounts of attack tiles on the board and for every Yellow gathered by Thor on his quest to Call the Thunder those tiles increase in power...like every time I pop yellow they increase again.

This is double dipping on passives on Thor/Daken. Mark my words...a high level Falcon on that team will just plain be infuriating. Even with his pre-launch nerfs I see high potential to make this dude busted. Doesn't help Falcon also pops purples to place strike tiles he can augment the power of in this same match either :D

NomarTyme

There are 40 characters in the game.

Wiki list of characters and their power by level

BTW Yellow Falcon Ability + Daken+ Thor = ridiculous.

You of course go nuts with yellow and green tiles on this team fishing for Thor to create green and call the Thunder. What happens is Daken places stupid amounts of attack tiles on the board and for every Yellow gathered by Thor on his quest to Call the Thunder those tiles increase in power...like every time I pop yellow they increase again.

This is double dipping on passives on Thor/Daken. Mark my words...a high level Falcon on that team will just plain be infuriating. Even with his pre-launch nerfs I see high potential to make this dude busted. Doesn't help Falcon also pops purples to place strike tiles he can augment the power of in this same match either :D

And his animation is fucking annoying.

Nobody has Fury. We got about 3 weeks to try to get Fury.

Oh, whoops. I don't feel left out then! I guess I just need to find a Black Panther somewhere.

That link is terrific, thanks!

So what's the consensus on Moonstone? I saw some discussion on her yesterday but is she worth leveling? I have her maxed at 5/5/3 at level 6, but just pulled these cards so I am evaluating.

fHRPe4i.jpg

NomarTyme

Oh, whoops. I don't feel left out then! I guess I just need to find a Black Panther somewhere.

So what's the consensus on Moonstone? I saw some discussion on her yesterday but is she worth leveling? I have her maxed at 5/5/3 at level 6, but just pulled these cards so I am evaluating.

fHRPe4i.jpg

I barely level her up.

shaowebb

And his animation is fucking annoying.

Actually the animation being so ridiculously troll has made me go from thinking the character was stupid my entire comic book reading life into thinking he is fucking amazing. Everytime he flies by I can just here the majestic squawk of some ridiculous cartoon buzzard or some other derp bird. Perhaps the sound of the cuccoos from zelda because they were both stupid acting yet foretold your doom.

The troll is strong in this character. If i could get him to fly by for every yellow popped in a turn I would be even happier. Such a dumb power. As i've said though, I'm done trying to give feedback on strategy to D3. It never helped so I'm just going to abuse things like this when they come out until they learn to stop thinking of cards individually as self sustaining strategies and to start realizing just how their abilities impact the meta when paired with other characters.

zulux21

http://imgur.com/fHRPe4i.jpg[mg][/QUOTE]

she isn't remotely worth leveling unless there is another female only event

shaowebb

XD ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh man I can't stop laughing now! Every time Falcon flies by off a yellow match me and my wife are now making bird noises as he uses his power to "inspire us by spreading his wings"

BAHAHAHAHA! I cant! I cant even...soooooooooooo busted.

Match yellow.
*out pops Birdman*
Me and Wife "BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!!!!!!!!"

AHAHAHAHAHA!
FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ! FLY FREEEEEEE! FREE AS A BIRD! XD
Holy shit this is too great. Card of the forever. Wish my cover was yellow and not purple. I'll go in on every last falcon tourney there is to get more covers for him that are yellow. I just hit Ares for 3700 in a single turn off a small cascade pairing Falcon Thor Daken and its too great. Sooooooooo shouldn't have made this chicken's things stack. He's popping out combo meals now X)

Actually the animation being so ridiculously troll has made me go from thinking the character was stupid my entire comic book reading life into thinking he is fucking amazing. Everytime he flies by I can just here the majestic squawk of some ridiculous cartoon buzzard or some other derp bird. Perhaps the sound of the cuccoos from zelda because they were both stupid acting yet foretold your doom.

This is how I imagine it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XD ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh man I can't stop laughing now! Every time Falcon flies by off a yellow match me and my wife are now making bird noises as he uses his power to "inspire us by spreading his wings"

BAHAHAHAHA! I cant! I cant even...soooooooooooo busted.

Match yellow.
*out pops Birdman*
Me and Wife "BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!!!!!!!!!"

AHAHAHAHAHA!
FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ! FLY FREEEEEEE! FREE AS A BIRD! XD
Holy shit this is too great. Card of the forever. Wish my cover was yellow and not purple. I'll go in on every last falcon tourney there is to get more covers for him that are yellow. I just hit Ares for 3700 in a single turn off a small cascade pairing Falcon Thor Daken and its too great. Sooooooooo shouldn't have made this chicken's things stack. He's popping out combo meals now X)
I picture the eagle sound from Assassin's Creed.

Definitely tryna grab as many Yellows as I can. I can see myself using Falcon a lot in the future.

shaowebb

Oh sweet. If we can go up 37 more in rank before the season ends we get Nick Fury. Keep playing those season events folks. We're really close to hitting a rank we can maintain for another new character.

Bairds

Neo Member
Thanks for accepting my invite to GAF-kanda. Noticed we were out of slots for members. Whats the process for so I can get another one purchased? ITS ONLY FAIR RIGHT???

animus82

Banned
The Simulator event has just begun again for 7 days, and is not part of Season 1.

Anilones, I thought the Season stuff only has to do with PVP events not PVE. Right?

Where did you guys find that info on the new Chars? I hope they still aren't planning on putting out Lazy Daken.

Top Bottom