• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT| - Ya down with OTG? Yeah, you know me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caj814 said:
Are we really getting 1 Wolverine this time? Or may be 2. . .
http://i.imgur.com/IT9UO.jpg
lS6Rt.gif

Blueblur1

Ah, nice to see the OT open. I was tired of jumping from thread to thread.

Caj814 said:
Are we really getting 1 Wolverine this time? Or may be 2. . .
IT9UO.jpg
Taken from one of Giant Bomb's Ryan Davis's tweets. I like how you gave him credit for posting it...

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Day 1 team and gameplan:

leileiav.jpg
morriganav.png
feliciaav.jpg

Hsien-ko (α) - Action is mostly dependent on opponent's character. If gong alone makes it a living hell for them, abuse the shit out of it. Otherwise see if it can be used to cover approaches. How assists are used mostly depends on whether Tenraiha or Senpuubu hit overhead. If so, use Rolling Buckler in tandem for wonderful mix-up shenanigans. Otherwise just try to frustrate them at mid-to-close range. Check to see whether stun frequency from item toss is predictable. Apply hyper armor before tagging out; check to see if it can be DHC'd. Pendulum assist with hyper armor should be pretty good. (Iron Zangief Lariat says what up.)

Morrigan (α) - Shaping up to be a pretty good all-rounder. She was my main in TvC and has more tools and stamina in this game. Looking forward to tri-jump and Astral Vision shenanigans. Shadow Blade seems to be one of the best anti-air assists in the game so far and, if it acts like it does in TvC, might be one of the few truly invincible Crossover Counters in the game, making for easy switch-ins and taking some of the pressure off of her teammates. Hoping that her air throw still has retarded priority (most overlooked aspect of her in TvC).

Felicia (α) - Primarily there for her assist; a low-hitting assist could be particularly useful for someone with a possibly-overhead grounded hyper (Hsien-ko) and someone who's probably going to be in the air a lot (Morrigan). She looks solid enough though and should benefit in turn from a decent ground combo extender (Hsien-ko) and a good anti-air (Morrigan).

ONE WEEK. HHHNNNNNGGGGG.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Blueblur1 said:
Taken from one of Giant Bomb's Ryan Davis's tweets. I like how you gave him credit for posting it...
I, in turn, like how you're more concerned for giving credit to a person who dumped a link than to the original artist.

Blueblur1

Shig said:
I, in turn, like how you're more concerned for giving credit to a person who dumped a link than to the original artist.
I would have properly given credit to said artist but I have no idea who he or she is. But you're right. In hindsight, it was a silly thing to point out. Oh well. :lol

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Blueblur1 said:
I would have properly given credit to said artist but I have no idea who he or she is. But you're right. In hindsight, it was a silly thing to point out. Oh well. :lol

He did also tweet who created the image too ;)

I have no idea why I am so excited for this game as I dislike fighting games, but I shall become good at this I swear!

Choabac

Dear Fighting GAF,

Should I get this game or wait for the eventual re-release with all the DLC characters and balance fixes?

Sincerely,

Scrub.

P.S. I only intend to buy one version of this game, just like with SF4.

Ploid 3.0

Wait, then it'll be dirt cheap if a new version don't come out (this day and age you better believe a new tweaked version is coming, we will probably be getting SSF4 AE on disk).

Choabac said:
Dear Fighting GAF,

Should I get this game or wait for the eventual re-release with all the DLC characters and balance fixes?

Sincerely,

Scrub.

I'd just get on the hype train now. When the rerelease comes out there won't be nearly as many scrubs (like me) playing online to abuse or discussion/buzz about the game in general. Most online heavy games are at their peak in the first 6-12 months.

Choabac said:
Dear Fighting GAF,

Sincerely,

Scrub.

Play it safe and wait for greatest hits version if you're only getting one.

KAL2006

Banned
Have they said anything about how many DLC characters we will get, I still reckon we will get 4 (Shuma, Jill and another 2).

The reason I am asking this is, if we only get 4 there is a higher chance that there will be a Super MvC3 with tons of new characters.

Dahbomb

Phoenix' Mission Mode

This is my first time watching the Mission Mode. Looks fairly straightforward but it covers a wide range of combos for her like OTG and combos off of her throw.

I would like to have seen some X Factor combos in Mission Mode but this works. Certainly seems way easier than SF4's Mission mode.

Threi

notag
haunts' "frustration vs fun" comment did it for me. I sincerely hope that this game makes me completely forget about SSF4.

ElyrionX

I have SSF4 but never played much of it. Just what was so frustrating about it? That the combos are difficult to execute?

Noob questions from a pad player to anyone who's gone hands on with the game

1. Can you bind multiple attacks to one button press ala SF4? Would be nice to pull out an X-factor or be able to pull off a hyper with only one button

2. What is the throw command in MvC3? Is it foward + attack like SF2 or two attack buttons like SF4? Are throws techable?

3. With regards to dashing, does it matter which two attacks are pressed?

Sorry if it's been asked and answered. Thanks.

Threi

notag
ElyrionX said:
I have SSF4 but never played much of it. Just what was so frustrating about it? That the combos are difficult to execute?
Not quite; just that if you make one tiny mistake it will cost you the round/match.

f0rk said:
Is the game more pad friendly than SSF4?

I haven't played the game so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm pretty sure it should be. 4 attack buttons instead of 6, easier hyper commands, and most importantly magic series combos instead of the strict timing linking required in SSF4 should add up to it being easier on an execution level for beginner / intermediate players.

f0rk said:
Is the game more pad friendly than SSF4?

"Pad friendly" as in "regular 360/PS3 controller friendly"?

If so, I'd say yes. You can put all 4 attack buttons on the face with assists on whatever bumpers, triggers you're comfortable with. 360 d-pad will still limit you cause it sucks ass, but I'd say you can definitely play MvC3 easier than (S)SF4 on a standard controller as I don't believe the game uses any form of linking (making plinking and 1/60th of a second window absent too.) It'd basically be like playing MvC2 on a pad.

If you meant "generic d-pad vs fight stick" then it depends on personal perference for pulling off quarter circle/half circle/SRK motions.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
ElyrionX said:
- In Street Fighter, you have to work a lot to pull off something really impressive and fancy looking.
- In Marvel, a simple L > M > H > launch > L > M > H > QCF+LM requires no timing, launches the opponent into low orbit, and blasts them with a giant laser beam or some shit.

It's the ultimate instant gratification fighter.

Sixfortyfive said:
- In Street Fighter, you have to work a lot to pull off something really impressive and fancy looking.
- In Marvel, a simple L > M > H > launch > L > M > H > QCF+LM requires no timing, launches the opponent into low orbit, and blasts them with a giant laser beam or some shit.

It's the ultimate instant gratification fighter.
Wouldn't air C blast them back to the ground, effectively ending the combo?
Sorry for the noob question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom