• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Honestly I'd say get rid of dante or wesker for someone with a beam assist and you should magically start doing a tiny bit better just from that

QisTopTier said:
Honestly I'd say get rid of dante or wesker for someone with a beam assist and you should magically start doing a tiny bit better just from that

Or if you're using Dante's Jam assist, may want to reconsider to Weasel Shot. I know it sounds redundant to use a beam/zone assist especially since Wesker and Task can deal with zoning but Task is REALLY bad in the mid range, so you need an assist to cover ground while he can close in to you.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Will take it under consideration, but it doesn't help that I dislike most of those characters besides maybe Magneto. I actually played a good Task/Magneto/Wesker team a while back. Also somewhat considering Storm but I don't know if she would mesh well. I know your M.O. is team synergy above all and I am grateful for any advice I get but at the moment I'm quite content with my current team. Ever since I found out how to get more evenly ranked matches I'm winning more than 50% but it'll still take quite some time before it greatly impacts my win percentage. Managed to bump it up by 6% today though.

I have considered Weasel Shot for Dante. As it stands Jam Session is probably my least used assist too. I mostly use it to counter jump-ins and should use it more to keep people in place after a Wesker air combo. Does Weasel Shot have similar properties in that regards?

Nils said:
I have considered Weasel Shot for Dante. As it stands Jam Session is probably my least used assist too. I mostly use it to counter jump-ins and should use it more to keep people in place after a Wesker air combo. Does Weasel Shot have similar properties in that regards?

I haven't really liked Jam Session to be honest. It's too unsafe to be used for pressure, and even if it hits, it sends the opponent flying away. I'm probably using it incorrectly.

Weasel Shot though, it's very similar to Ammy's Cold Star assist and is very good to lock an opponent in place from range and safely get in if needed.

Axis

ok so random questions/help/tips/whatever.

my main team consists of viper(bk assist)/ammy(cold shot)/doom(molecular shield)

are there any characters that may fit in a viper team better than those two...and would plasma beam be better served as the assist for this team if doom is kept?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Prototype-03 said:
I haven't really liked Jam Session to be honest. It's too unsafe to be used for pressure, and even if it hits, it sends the opponent flying away. I'm probably using it incorrectly.

Weasel Shot though, it's very similar to Ammy's Cold Star assist and is very good to lock an opponent in place from range and safely get in if needed.

The best usage I got out of it was locking down super jumpers then immediately following it up with Task's 45° Arrow Special. Besides that I "should" be using it more consistently right when Wesker lands after an air combo and follow up with Level 1-3. I tinkered a bit with Weasel Shot in the lab before and it would indeed seem to allow more effective cross-up shenanigans with Taskmaster. Right now Task is my best character but he's mostly flying solo. Haven't bothered learning the unblockable with Wesker's low shot so far, which is probably another problem I have. I spend 95% of my time just battling and only ever so occassionally practicing new stuff because I'm having enough fun with normal matches.

DR2K

Banned
QisTopTier said:
Replace molecular shield with plasma beam cold star is already doing what shield does and it does a better job at it.

Eh, Cold Star takes too much time to start up.

Axis

QisTopTier said:
Replace molecular shield with plasma beam cold star is already doing what shield does and it does a better job at it.

this is where i was having my issue; molecular shield was basically to protect myself on both sides from teleporting chars since it has a great hitbox...i really like ammy assist but would viper(bk assist)/iron man(unibeam)/doom(shield) work a little better? i'm not against changing either doom or ammy out(altho doom is my best character, i believe, after viper)

Ferrio

Banned
Axis said:
this is where i was having my issue; molecular shield was basically to protect myself on both sides from teleporting chars since it has a great hitbox...i really like ammy assist but would viper(bk assist)/iron man(unibeam)/doom(shield) work a little better? i'm not against changing either doom or ammy out(altho doom is my best character, i believe, after viper)

I herd you like Beams, so we gave your beam character a beam assist so you could beam while you beam.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Psylocke, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost, Black Cat, Ms Marvel and Black Widow.

Whom do you guys prefer? Opinions on MVC3 tourney prizes.

Nils said:
I swear the matchmaking is trolling the hell out of me. Every time I'm an inch away from 8th Lord it throws nothing but 5th Lords my way.

I was going for the 5-game win streak in ranked for the achievement. Got 4 Rookies/Fighters in a row, then on the fifth game it gave me a 4th Lord and I got my ass handed to me. It's like it knows.

DR2K

Banned
Axis said:

Get rid of Ammy for Sentinel drones or Tron Gustaff fire.

Kadey said:
Psylocke, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost, Black Cat, Ms Marvel and Black Widow.

Whom do you guys prefer? Opinions on MVC3 tourney prizes.

Rogue. Fuck those other bitches.

Axis said:

If you're really using to protect yourself from teleport, you need to be using missiles. And no, I think Ammy's a better fit with Doom's beam.

For Viper's team, I'm actually running Viper(either OTG or BK)/iron man (unibeam)/tron (gustaff staff). If I'm far away, I use Ironman's beam to lock them down and get closer. If I'm close, I use Tron's assist to lock them down and go for mixups.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
First place is MVC3 stick. I'm letting the majority choose second place prize. I want to finalize prizes before I start the tourney. We'll start it with or without spectator mode. -=gives Capcom middle finger=-

Axis

Prototype-03 said:
If you're really using to protect yourself from teleport, you need to be using missiles. And no, I think Ammy's a better fit with Doom's beam.

For Viper's team, I'm actually running Viper(either OTG or BK)/iron man (unibeam)/tron (gustaff staff). If I'm far away, I use Ironman's beam to lock them down and get closer. If I'm close, I use Tron's assist to lock them down and go for mixups.

i've toyed around with tron lately just for gustaff. i feel you on the missiles but i can't bring myself to use them...i'm not that great at defensively using assists right now. i'll switch to beam and see if that helps...if i had time to learn another char i'd just go viper/magneto/ammy at all times D:

thanks q and proto

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kadey said:
First place is MVC3 stick. I'm letting the majority choose second place prize. I want to finalize prizes before I start the tourney. We'll start it with or without spectator mode. -=gives Capcom middle finger=-
I vote for black cat cause she looks fucking ADORABLE in that figure XD

Also throwing finals confirmed *if I'm in it* my crippled hands cant use a stick
this actually isn't a joke lol

QisTopTier said:
I vote for black cat cause she looks fucking ADORABLE in that figure XD

Also throwing finals confirmed my crippled hands cant use a stick
this actually isn't a joke lol

I vote for Rogue. She can zap me anytime ;)

Axis said:
i've toyed around with tron lately just for gustaff. i feel you on the missiles but i can't bring myself to use them...i'm not that great at defensively using assists right now. i'll switch to beam and see if that helps...if i had time to learn another char i'd just go viper/magneto/ammy at all times D:

Are you on PSN? We can try running some games. I mean, my Viper team blows so I can't guarantee I can give you good pointers either.

jdub03

Nils said:
I swear the matchmaking is trolling the hell out of me. Every time I'm an inch away from 8th Lord it throws nothing but 5th Lords my way.

All I play is 4 lords and higher. And I'm only a 9th lord. I usually get a string of low level players and level up. As soon as I level up they start putting me against high level opponents and I rank down.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So Hulk normals absorb Spencer's Psionic Bomb.
Gama Charge follow ups too.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
jdub03 said:
All I play is 4 lords and higher. And I'm only a 9th lord. I usually get a string of low level players and level up. As soon as I level up they start putting me against high level opponents and I rank down.

It was like that for me too but it's getting better now that I put the language setting on English. Now I get close ranks about 60% of the time, maybe more.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Phoenix would've been an immediate throw in but she sold out. Plus I don't think her statue looks as good as the others. DC statues look way better than Marvel but alas this is a Marvel tourney.

And Floyd. I just gave away two DS3s. Blue and Silver.

Who knows. Maybe if I'm in a good mood I'll throw in more stuff than advertised ala the Official Super tourney and Scrubs tourney.

Ferrio

Banned
Kadey said:
Phoenix would've been an immediate throw in but she sold out. Plus I don't think her statue looks as good as the others. DC statues look way better than Marvel but alas this is a Marvel tourney.

And Floyd. I just gave away two DS3s. Blue and Silver.

Who knows. Maybe if I'm in a good mood I'll throw in more stuff than advertised ala the Official Super tourney and Scrubs tourney.

No she hulk?

I just hit 7th lord pretty quick. I feel really bad for all the fighters they pitted against me though. The hilarious part was the amount of ragequitters I got. I lost count at six and it only took me a little over an hour to get to 7th lord without breaks.

People are sore losers.
_dementia said:
damn, looks like Marvel 3 isn't showing legs
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427444
These are the kinds of front loaded sales that have developed for the hardcore market and big budget games. It's probably nearly at 2 million copies between both regions by now.

The game is a success in most people's eyes.
Kadey said:
That Psylocke and Black cat are awesome. I doubt I'll get second place though.

Alucrid

Banned
Thanks for the advice God's Beard/Karsticles. I'll try and work on that now.

Question for Qis. What's the best follow up after an OTG assist (Wesker) with Task? After doing his BNB combo and ending with an air S?

Waikis

Any tips for a scrub?

I can land x-23's bnb fairly consistently in training mode, but as soon as i go in a real match, I cant find an opening as they always block my attacks...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Alucrid said:
Thanks for the advice God's Beard/Karsticles. I'll try and work on that now.

Question for Qis. What's the best follow up after an OTG assist (Wesker) with Task? After doing his BNB combo and ending with an air S?

You are doing an otg wth? Well uh you can shield skill into up arrows that's about it.... not really worth having an otg assist with taskmaster, you can do way more fancy crap with sents drone assist at the end

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ok Weasel Shot definitely works better with my team based on the few try-outs I had.

shaowebb

Waikis said:
Any tips for a scrub?

I can land x-23's bnb fairly consistently in training mode, but as soon as i go in a real match, I cant find an opening as they always block my attacks...

Could you be more specific? How do you try to setup your combo? Jump ins, dashing specials, magic series, her dive grapple,crouching moves, go behinds, crossup moves or with an assist?

If you don't have an idea tell us who you're using with her and how you like to approach the most, like if you jumping attack to close in or if you dash in with mashing buttons or a dash special or whatever.

EDIT: BTW isn't it hilarious that we all had to upload our avatars to this site just to have any and now they don't work at all? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom