• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solune said:
And LOL at Chris being bottom 5. I'd steamroll more than half of the people here with Chris. He has self OTG, can level 3 anywhere on the screen and has amazing projectiles. He just doesn't have mobility that's why he's probably mid tier.
Jesus, again people not reading what I meant by bottom 5.

Neki

Zero second is fine, as long as your third is good, which is usually Sentinel, meaning that Zero and your point character both use Sentinel. Man Ferrio, we haven't played in forever, I remember like Day 2 with your She-Hulk/Hsien-KO/I don't remember this one team, good times.

Grecco

Ultimoo said:
Zero second is fine, as long as your third is good, which is usually Sentinel, meaning that Zero and your point character both use Sentinel. Man Ferrio, we haven't played in forever, I remember like Day 2 with your She-Hulk/Hsien-KO/I don't remember this one team, good times.

I use Akuma myself :)

Ferrio

Banned
Ultimoo said:

Ironman.

I was rocking Shehulk/Akuma/Tron when psn went down.

Neki

Akuma is like paper though, and I usually don't see him open up people very well unless you use your overhead on the ground randomly, lol.

I also can't believe someone said Justin's Wolverine team is better than his She-Hulk team. If you kill his Wolverine, his team is almost useless, because his Akuma isn't great, and his Storm is mediocre right now.

Ironman.

I was rocking Shehulk/Akuma/Tron when psn went down.
Oh yeah, Ironman, you'd repulsor blast me / random photon cannon me all day, oh yeah. Akuma and Tron assist? That sounds extremely annoying. Why don't you run Akuma last? I think Tron needs the assist more than Akuma.

Grecco

Ultimoo said:
Akuma is like paper though, and I usually don't see him open up people very well unless you use your overhead on the ground randomly, lol.

I also can't believe someone said Justin's Wolverine team is better than his She-Hulk team. If you kill his Wolverine, his team is almost useless, because his Akuma isn't great, and his Storm is mediocre right now.

Oh yeah, Ironman, you'd repulsor blast me / random photon cannon me all day, oh yeah. Akuma and Tron assist? That sounds extremely annoying. Why don't you run Akuma last? I think Tron needs the assist more than Akuma.

I like Akumas tatsu as an assist for Zero. To be honest its almost as good as Sentinel drones for him, (Dr Dooms hidden missiles are also good). I just dont like Sentinel, and Akuma works well as an anchor, he becomes nasty with lvl 3 Xfactor (yes most characters do) Also browniking you suck

Ferrio

Banned
Ultimoo said:

That's the intial setup, I try to put him as anchor later on.

The reason being is DHCing from She Hulk->Tron is almost impossible (you can do it, but you lose damage and the timing is tricky especially online). So I usually will either do a 3 DHC to tron, or if Akuma's DHC kills them do a raw tag out.

QisTopTier said:
Bottom 5 means 5 worst characters. As in the are on the BOTTOM of the list of characters you'd ever want to use.
I'm saying you wouldn't want to use them because there isn't a reason to use them over other characters, when there are overall worse characters that have reasons to be used.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
God's Beard said:
I'm saying you wouldn't want to use them because there isn't a reason to use them over other characters, when there are overall worse characters that have reasons to be used.
Who would you use over chris? Taskmaster? They are not that similar...

I'm still lol'ing you said shuma wasn't that good.

Neki

I nominate that Q is the new mascot of Shuma, God's Beard no longer has the privilege of wearing the suit or doing the rap! :O

You have no idea how torn I am between my need to find a winning strategy and my need to use Shuma. It hurts me so much. I try to avoid looking at him at the character select, so much pain.

Also, I'm a bad person to listen to for how good characters are because I get these phases where I forget that you can hit people with things that aren't mixups, which is why my team is built on touch of death guessing games.

Solune

QisTopTier said:
Bottom 5 means 5 worst characters. As in the are on the BOTTOM of the list of characters you'd ever want to use.
Bingo

There are only 2 characters that can outspam Chris in a projectile war. Magneto and Taskmaster. Unless Chris gets machine gun fire off first before Magneto does disruptor, Chris always loses because the startup is too long. Taskmaster arrows always beat Chris unless Chris fires magnum first. Chris can out do Iron Man and Doom once he has control easily.

And honestly there a few characters that can lay traps while holding back and get a free bnb. Ammy, Trish, Phoenix, Modok, and Arthur somewhat. And to a very lesser extent Joe. Chris' mine is so good as an anti-air and anti-rush down.

As threi likes to say about Spencer. You just don't know. But I welcome anybody to play my Chris and find out =D

Neki

Professor Beef said:
Once you finally beat Q, you know you're just going to wonder what to do since your white whale will be no more.
I beat Q all the time, he just beats me 7-10 times for every one time I beat him.

I've gotta learn to wavedash a lot, If i'm going to be competent with Tasky W/ She-Hulk's OTG assist. Shit looks so cash when everything goes down smoothly.
3AQmK.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzMFZJrOqoI
people should be doing that spiderman combo, so good.
Holy shit.. this is scaring me. @ that other Spidey tech video I respect the hell out of anyone who can link Spider Sting into anything. Fuck that move into hyper.

Just got my game disc back, even had a mini tourney with friends. For maximum ridiculousness, we had casuals afterward where you could only play with elbows on 360 pad. Shit was hilarious.

In b4 "lol 360 pad."

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Tiger uppercut said:
I've gotta learn to wavedash a lot, If i'm going to be competent with Tasky W/ She-Hulk's OTG assist. Shit looks so cash when everything goes down smoothly.
3AQmK.gif

Taskmaster needs an OTG assist?

Ultimoo said:
I did beat him three times in a row once, does that count as a clean sweep? :D

It's things like this that make me PITY YOU WEAK PATHETIC FOOLS!

aka good luck wining more than a game now from me just getting bored :D

Oh god Magneto's hitstun decay is so low :-D

Starts Alioune combo, transfers into fly loop, transfers into hyper grav loop, level 3, dash H, hyper grav, DHC trick, all combos

OMG

Neki

QisTopTier said:
Taskmaster needs an OTG assist?

It's things like this that make me PITY YOU WEAK PATHETIC FOOLS!

aka good luck wining more than a game now from me just getting bored :D

We really need spectator mode so GAF can watch while I style on you. D:

OMG I'm an idiot. This whole time I've been having trouble locking down the Alioune combo because the second H into magnetic blast was a tough link for me. I'd only get it about 40% of the time. What I was doing was 2H, jH adf jH xx Magnetic Blast L, land, jH adf Magnetic Blast L, 2H...

It works for sure, but as it turns out, this whole time I wasn't supposed to be doing the second air dash at all. I assumed that I'd go up to high if I didn't cancel my upward movement with the air dash, but I forgot that I'm only normal jumping and I'm already on the way down anyway. o_O So now the link is stupid easy compared to before, and I feel like an asshole.

It's like all the time I spent learning one frame links in SSF4 and then someone showed me how to plink.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just tuned into this.. real talk the entire match DOES look very weird even for Justin.

I'm planted firmly in the "Justin threw the game" side of things. Dropped combos happen, but not like that, and not from Justin Wong when Evo points are to be had by whomever.

I missed NerdMom.

Neki

Anyone have any tips on doing the QCF + L spam on Ammy during slow? I can only get at most 3 iterations at most, only in the corner.

Neki

Professor Beef said:
Ultimoo, I miss your old avatar. :(
It's only for a day, because today is pony day. I'll go back to Rita after pony day. :p
edit: watching the house stream, NerdJosh's mom putting Noel Brown on blast, LOL.

enzo_gt said:
I'm planted firmly in the "Justin threw the game" side of things. Dropped combos happen, but not like that, and not from Justin Wong when Evo points are to be had by whomever.

Yeah, it's really hard to buy the excuse of "I was focusing on Mortal Kombat" considering this is the guy who competes in multiple fighting games with multiple character mains in each, and wins tournaments in old games he hasn't practiced actively.

He looked less "rusty" in SSF4.

Indeed. God's Beard, I believe the issue is really that you mislabeled your list. Maybe "Top 5 most redundant characters"?

You have no idea how torn I am between my need to find a winning strategy and my need to use Shuma. It hurts me so much. I try to avoid looking at him at the character select, so much pain.

Also, I'm a bad person to listen to for how good characters are because I get these phases where I forget that you can hit people with things that aren't mixups, which is why my team is built on touch of death guessing games.
I don't see how Shuma-Gorath is a bad character. He's just a high execution character that requires patience.

I made a bnb that costs 3.5 meters to rape Q specifically, I can't wait to use it, LOL. :D
I just realized who you are - why do people change avatars?! I learn people by their avatar. When you change your avatar, you are like a stranger to me!

It's only for a day, because today is pony day. I'll go back to Rita after pony day. :p
edit: watching the house stream, NerdJosh's mom putting Noel Brown on blast, LOL.
Pony day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom