• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

Those that benefit from the DHC glitch are mostly solid without it. We may just see a few people switch their team orders up.

I wonder if that will happen pre or post evo.. with AE greenlit for evo, Capcom still has plenty of time to release a patch and have it be accepted as the "standard"

kirblar

hitsugi said:
Those that benefit from the DHC glitch are mostly solid without it. We may just see a few people switch their team orders up.

I wonder if that will happen pre or post evo.. with AE greenlit for evo, Capcom still has plenty of time to release a patch and have it be accepted as the "standard"
The biggest issue is simply that it screws up game balance by letting certain character combinations break a rule that they aren't supposed to be breaking without using X-Factor or resetting their opponent. The character balance issue is secondary- it'd still be an issue even if every character in the game could do it. It just happens to have worked out as a "rich get richer" type of situation.

For Capcom vs. SNK 2 to come out again, there would have to be renegotiation with SNK Playmore, as a contract runs for a period of time and is specified for certain platforms. If the title is going to come out again, a new contract will have to be negotiated.

Make it happen, SNK!

hitsugi

Professor Beef said:
Make it happen, SNK!
If they get a license again they need to do CVS3 with HD sprites.

Although you could almost bet it'll be done in the style of SF4, etc. as its just more convenient for Capcom D:

hitsugi said:

Although you could almost bet it'll be done in the style of SF4, etc. as its just more convenient for Capcom D:
At this point, I'd rather just get CvS2 instead of 3.

Although if 3 was in the style of KOF2006...

Solune

hitsugi said:
FUCK YES that would so hot oh my god if it was done in KOF XIII style i would jizz my pants.
It's too fucken true and it would be ugly as shit fuck.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Karsticles said:
Capcom is aware that people want the DHC glitch fixed:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/may/06/live-ask-capcom-session-svenssonseth-killian/

'Tis only a matter of time.

Aight, some context here before this gets more widely reported. They were responding to a question about Super MVC3 and how they should adjust balance/change x-factor/fix DHC glitch/etc. The "aware of the demand" quote is in reference to those topics as a whole, not just the DHC glitch.

edit: And that's exactly what the article says. For some reason I read it and thought it only mentioned that they were aware of demand to fix the DHC glitch.

Neki

My team works on the DHC glitch, but I'd only lose 100-200k if it was removed, I would just do the triple Tron combo instead of DHC glitching.

Mister Wilhelm said:
But Iron Man isn't even a bad character at all.
He isn't, but he certainly isn't great, there is still a lot of things wrong with him.

JeTmAn81

My MvC3 TE stick is here! Now, if only PSN was up so I could try it out on real opponents :(. Oh well, it's training/arcade mode for me.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
JeTmAn81 said:
My MvC3 TE stick is here! Now, if only PSN was up so I could try it out on real opponents :(. Oh well, it's training/arcade mode for me.

Congrats! Let me know what you think about it :D !

haunts

Bacon of Hope
DHC glitch isnt that big of a deal, but x-factor virtually ruins this game imo. Good to hear they are considering making some tweaks.

Neki

haunts said:
DHC glitch isnt that big of a deal, but x-factor virtually ruins this game imo. Good to hear they are considering making some tweaks.
haunts, getting put on blast in the house stream, lol. x-factor just needs less damage and speed attached to it.

Ferrio

Banned
haunts said:

In terms of balance ya x factor is the bigger issue BUT you're comparing a glitch that goes against the game's design to a feature that's working exactly how they designed it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ferrio said:
In terms of balance ya x factor is the bigger issue BUT you're comparing a glitch that goes against the game's design to a feature that's working exactly how they designed it.

well I guess what I was getting at is if they patch DHC glitch or not, either way I'm not too concerned. x-factor on the other hand really, really needs to be adjusted. i think the game is awesome for casual play, but i think x-factor kills it for being a competitive game.

Ferrio

Banned
haunts said:
well I guess what I was getting at is if they patch DHC glitch or not, either way I'm not too concerned. x-factor on the other hand really, really needs to be adjusted. i think the game is awesome for casual play, but i think x-factor kills it for being a competitive game.

Tell you the truth, watching the streams, Xfactor seems to be more an issue in casual. There seems to be a lot less "Oh he should of won that" type of matches in higher level play. You still see it, but not as much I think.

kirblar

haunts said:
The one-hit kills (w/ no X-Factor) are really demoralizing for casual/online players. You start up and "boom, dead". There's supposed to be a "price" for doing it (blowing X-Factor) which doesn't exist with the glitch around.
Ferrio said:
Tell you the truth, watching the streams, Xfactor seems to be more an issue in casual. There seems to be a lot less "Oh he should of won that" type of matches in higher level play. You still see it, but not as much I think.
People have learned to, as Dormammu would say, "RUN!"

Kimosabae

Banned
Anyone got any ideas for characters and specific projectile spam patterns I can put on record and practice getting around zoning? My teams get blown by zoning.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kimosabae said:
Anyone got any ideas for characters and specific projectile spam patterns I can put on record and practice getting around zoning? My teams get blown by zoning.
Taskmaster arrows with Shuma assist

kirblar

Kimosabae said:
What teams are you using?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Ferrio said:

Removing something just because it doesn't work as designed is kind of silly when so many staple mechanics of fighting games originated as glitches.

That said, I'm not gonna be too upset if they remove the DHC glitch.

Kimosabae

Banned
Iron Man/Wolverine/Dante.

Starting to mess around with Magnus.

Q, how are people dealing with Mystic Assist? Shit seems stupid, lol.

kirblar

Lost Fragment said:
Removing something just because it doesn't work as designed is kind of silly when so many staple mechanics of fighting games originated as glitches.

That said, I'm not gonna be too upset if they remove the DHC glitch.
Normally those staple mechanics are accessible by all characters in the game, though. (Wavedashing in Melee, FADC Ultra in SFIV). The DHC glitch is really a balance issue in this game, not a staple mechanic.

She Hulk's ability to air-tag cancel on the ground is one such mechanic where they shouldn't touch it, primarily because it leaves the She-Hulk player open to a counter from the opponent.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
kirblar said:
Normally those staple mechanics are accessible by all characters in the game, though. (Wavedashing in Melee, FADC Ultra in SFIV). The DHC glitch is really a balance issue in this game, not a staple mechanic.

She Hulk's ability to air-tag cancel on the ground is one such mechanic where they shouldn't touch it, primarily because it leaves the She-Hulk player open to a counter from the opponent.

FADC ultra isn't a glitch, heh.

But yeah I agree sorta. Though even if everyone could DHC glitch I'd still think it should be removed.

Ferrio

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
FADC ultra isn't a glitch, heh.

But yeah I agree sorta. Though even if everyone could DHC glitch I'd still think it should be removed.

Also usually glitches aren't specifically bypassing mechanics built in. Hell it even bypasses a mechanic that's pretty much standard in fighting games (damage scaling).

It'd be like if certain characters had a glitch to make it so your opponent couldn't tech throws.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Ferrio said:
Also usually glitches aren't specifically bypassing mechanics built in. Hell it even bypasses a mechanic that's pretty much standard in fighting games (damage scaling).

It'd be like if certain characters had a glitch to make it so your opponent couldn't tech throws.

Whether it bypasses mechanics or not isn't really relevant unless it renders that mechanic completely non-functional 100% of the time.

God's Beard said:
DHC Glitch I love you. I hope X-factor gets stronger next iteration.

Dark Phoenix will get x-factor level 4 when regular Phoenix builds 5 bars and taunts.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I am the absolute fucking worst at this game. I just lost like 1000 games in a row and got ranked down.

To Fighter.

Absolutely, THE worst. Mike Ross ain't got shit on me.

Also, matchmaking system stop pairing me with people 6th and over, thanks.

Grecco

Xfactor is virtually a non issue at this point. Especially with more people using it early now. Look at the whole Wolverine Xfactor lvl 1 to kill dudes.

hitsugi

Solune said:
FUCK YES that would so hot oh my god if it was done in KOF XIII style i would jizz my pants.

It's too fucken true and it would be ugly as shit fuck.
lol.. I don't know how genuine this disappointment is but while I think SF4, mvc3, etc. look great, I miss the 2d art. For me, it's disappointing to see Capcom abandon something that they were so good at.

I still say Sentinel should be 20% bigger, have 1.5 million health and infinite refly, but take two character slots. Then on the capcom side, bring in Rathalos as a giant with Kirby pentuple Jumps and an air dash.

AWWW YEAAAH

kirblar

Grecco said:
Xfactor is virtually a non issue at this point. Especially with more people using it early now. Look at the whole Wolverine Xfactor lvl 1 to kill dudes.
The reason they use it early is because they can kill two characters with it. Killing 1 character with it early is usually a waste (but it depends on the character.) Wouldn't be surprised to see Wolverine's level 1 X-Factor boost toned down tad in the future.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
God's Beard said:
I still say Sentinel should be 20% bigger, have 1.5 million health and infinite refly, but take two character slots. Then on the capcom side, bring in Rathalos as a giant with Kirby Double Jumps and an air dash.

AWWW YEAAAH

This actually sounds pretty awesome.

But keep regular Sentinel and have the huge sentinel be Master Mold or something.

Neki

God's Beard said:
I still say Sentinel should be 20% bigger, have 1.5 million health and infinite refly, but take two character slots. Then on the capcom side, bring in Rathalos as a giant with Kirby pentuple Jumps and an air dash.

AWWW YEAAAH

you should be able to play as galactus, 3 character slots confirmed.

Lost Fragment said:
This actually sounds pretty awesome.

But keep regular Sentinel and have the huge sentinel be Master Mold or something.
And I think the giants should be the opposite of Phoenix. They come in extremely strong, but when you knock off half their health, they get worse. Sentinel starts shorting out and gets weaker, Rathalos loses his tail.

Masamuna

Even though most of the teams i've been playing so far revolve around the DHC glitch I look forward to the day its fixed solely on the prospect of more creative teams. Not knocking the most common teams we've seen of course (I myself PICKATOPTIER).

Gonna try that new 700k meterless mag juice tomorrow, although I still need to get the rhythm of the ghetto rom + hyper grave loop down.

Watching Genghis has giving me some good reference as how to play my team more effectively. I may however go all the way and switch out Task for Sent as anchor though. I found Task to be a lot more fun in my second team (X-23/Task/Dorm soon to be Ammy) since the assist allow me to be a bit more aggressive if I want to be.

Sent can use fly~unfly to his normals safer right? I thought I heard something about that.

I also wanna fool around with dante on point. Thinking about Dante/Wesker/Akuma and then eventually Zero in the secondary spot.

kirblar

I want to try and run Storm/Amaterasu/Dormammu. Gives access to the DHC trick, fun interaction with team supers (Storm OTG into Hailstorm/Flame/Shuffle is great) and a good anchor character.

kirblar said:
I want to try and run Storm/Amaterasu/Dormammu. Gives access to the DHC trick, fun interaction with team supers (Storm OTG into Hailstorm/Flame/Shuffle is great) and a good anchor character.
I usually see people put Storm second since she tends to burn meter... does she build meter well enough on her own to put her first?

jdub03

enzo_gt said:
I am the absolute fucking worst at this game. I just lost like 1000 games in a row and got ranked down.

To Fighter.

Absolutely, THE worst. Mike Ross ain't got shit on me.

Also, matchmaking system stop pairing me with people 6th and over, thanks.

Ha ha. That's what happened to me for the first 2 months of this game. I switched to wesker magneto and dormammu and leveled up to 4th lord in a week.

Masamuna said:
Gonna try that new 700k meterless mag juice tomorrow, although I still need to get the rhythm of the ghetto rom + hyper grave loop down.

Edit: Got it to work using hyper grav m. Hopefully the full combo will still work with this little adjustment.

I've been working on it. I cant get the timing for the second jump h into hyper grav h. The hyper grav keeps missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom