• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

hitsugi said:
lol.. I don't know how genuine this disappointment is but while I think SF4, mvc3, etc. look great, I miss the 2d art. For me, it's disappointing to see Capcom abandon something that they were so good at.
I think MvC3 looks amazing actually. I think SF4's graphical presentation looks good in concept but alot of characters translated poorly. Ken is a main offender, after 3rd Strike he got a huge downgrade. Really straying off topic but, if Capcom were ever able to get CvS3 I hope to god they don't use 3D. I'd just go with Professor Beef and just say I want CvS2 HD thanks.

Solune said:
I think MvC3 looks amazing actually. I think SF4's graphical presentation looks good in concept but alot of characters translated poorly. Ken is a main offender, after 3rd Strike he got a huge downgrade. Really straying off topic but, if Capcom were ever able to get CvS3 I hope to god they don't use 3D. I'd just go with Professor Beef and just say I want CvS2 HD thanks.
Alpha Ken > all

Also, Storm/Zero/Sent is working pretty well so far.

jdub03 said:
I have more respect for phoenix users then wolverine and zero users. My contempt for them grows day by day.
I can't help feeling this way with wolverine players. I can tolerate most Zero shenanigans...

jdub03

Not getting hit is impossible if they have sent drones. Zero I hate because all his moves are safe and leads to long ass combos if he has a good assist. You cant jump in on him because his moves beat everything.

Neki

jdub03 said:
Not getting hit is impossible if they have sent drones. Zero I hate because all his moves are safe and leads to long ass combos if he has a good assist. You cant jump in on him because his moves beat everything.
Zero's attacks sting like a paper cut though, Wolverine will take 75% of your health with one combo.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
And so will zero once you learn some combos
I'm sorry it's hard to hold down a button on a pad while I'm doing a combo. That's why I got Tron now instead, auto-pilot to victory!

Solune

Parallax Scroll said:
Alpha Ken > all

Also, Storm/Zero/Sent is working pretty well so far.
Any Ken > SF4 Ken. Alpha Ken is pretty boss though.

Storm/Zero/Sent is a pretty good team, I've been working on Wesker/Storm/Dormammu myself. Trying to rearrange my Chris team and take Hulk off and put Dante in. I know someone was running that team in a tourney. After that Japanese Hulk though I've been messing with him and can't stray away from him lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
I'm sorry it's hard to hold down a button on a pad while I'm doing a combo. That's why I got Tron now instead, auto-pilot to victory!
LOL wowowwowowwowow

Im so used to fighting tron now :D

jdub03

yeah advanced zero combos sting. Especially considering he can mix you up so well. He gets plenty of opportunities to kill you.

smurfx

get some go again
lol omg my haggar level 3 as the player is coming in always catches people. beat a high lord today with it and a bunch of other players too. was playing this 1st lord but he flew away with sentinel before i could catch him.

jdub03

smurfx said:
lol omg my haggar level 3 as the player is coming in always catches people. beat a high lord today with it and a bunch of other players too. was playing this 1st lord but he flew away with sentinel before i could catch him.

The most deadly trick is a dhc timed just right after a blocked hyper into his level 3. I got caught by that a few times.

Shit yeah, just did my first DHC glitch (Storm into Zero, in the corner):

cr.LMH j.MMH s.MH S ^ sj.MMHS > Elemental Rage > DHC Sougenmu > (S ^ sj.MM > Sentsuizan H)x3 > S ^ sj.MMHS > Rekkoha > DHC Hailstorm

:D

Neki

Parallax Scroll said:
Shit yeah, just did my first DHC glitch (Storm into Zero, in the corner):

cr.LMH j.MMH s.MH S ^ sj.MMHS > Elemental Rage > DHC Sougenmu > (S ^ sj.MM > Sentsuizan H)x3 > S ^ sj.MMHS > Rekkoha > DHC Hailstorm

:D

Mine is air throw into slow super from Ammy into King Servbot into a Tron Combo dhc glitch back to slow super, do an Ammy combo and blow the last of my meter on an Okami Shuffle, OH YEAH.

Ultimoo said:
Mine is air throw into slow super from Ammy into King Servbot into a Tron Combo dhc glitch back to slow super, do an Ammy combo and blow the last of my meter on an Okami Shuffle, OH YEAH.
I don't even know what I'm doing with Storm yet. I pretty much made up that whole combo as I went along.

Neki

Professor Beef said:
Cuz dat X-Factor.
You have x-factor too usually, I don't see the problem. Hypers usually flat out beat DP projectiles too. I'd try it, but none of my team has a beam hyper.

enzo_gt said:
I am the absolute fucking worst at this game. I just lost like 1000 games in a row and got ranked down.

To Fighter.

Are you on 360? If you are around PST add me (GT: TheFightingFish). I'd love to play a GAFfer but I'm too terrible for most folks in this thread.

Parallax Scroll said:
I have you on my friends list but I think you bodied me last time we played? I can't remember.

Yeah, you are the one GAFfer that I've played. I won a game or two before you realized that I couldn't deal with Sentinel's 5C=>2C infinite :). I've just not had much time due to life to play so I'm pretty much still at that same week one level. Feel free to ping me if you want a match as well, I can take a beating like a man.

TheFightingFish said:
Are you on 360? If you are around PST add me (GT: TheFightingFish). I'd love to play a GAFfer but I'm too terrible for most folks in this thread.
I have you on my friends list but I think you bodied me last time we played? I can't remember.

Ultimoo said:
You have x-factor too usually, I don't see the problem. Hypers usually flat out beat DP projectiles too. I'd try it, but none of my team has a beam hyper.
X-Factor also negates chip, unless you're talking about trying to time out DP's XF.

Neki

Professor Beef said:
X-Factor also negates chip, unless you're talking about trying to time out DP's XF.
I mean random super from across the screen hoping DP pressed a button, which she usually did. :O

Ultimoo said:
Also Beef, play MvC3 with me if PSN ever comes back up. :O
I have to admit, talking MvC does give me the itch to play it. I just wish I had a copy right now, since I've been used to playing my friend's copy. xD

Neki

Professor Beef said:
I have to admit, talking MvC does give me the itch to play it. I just wish I had a copy right now, since I've been used to playing my friend's copy. xD
You don't own the game? how blasphemous of you. how can you ever expect to beat Q without any good practice?
edit: Thinking about going back to X-23/Ammy/C.Viper as a back-up team, using C.Viper's seismic shock to help set up DHC glitch, hm.

Ultimoo said:
You don't own the game? how blasphemous of you. how can you ever expect to beat Q without any good practice?
edit: Thinking about going back to X-23/Ammy/C.Viper as a back-up team, using C.Viper's seismic shock to help set up DHC glitch, hm.
Ha, I never expected to beat Q at all! SUCK IT.

I use VJoe/Spidey/Viper as a team, and it's as bad as you expect. :lol

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
Capcom is aware that people want the DHC glitch fixed:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/may/06/live-ask-capcom-session-svenssonseth-killian/

'Tis only a matter of time.
Some stuff about DmC too. YAY!

DHC glitch fix was pretty much expected. I just hope you can still continue the combo like you can with Spider Man's Maximum Spider, just without the reset.

I expect a lot of salt coming from this though.

Caj814 said:
MvC3 X-23 Wesker Magneto Watch Thor in Theaters Now!

aka my 3rd HD Test with my new setup. This time it's an actual combo and I'll probably start work on a combo video covering a lot more characters than my mains.
More like watch Thor get touch of death'd by non-god characters.

I wonder if X-23 will ever be in a Marvel movie. Quality of the video was solid btw.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Dahbomb said:
Some stuff about DmC too. YAY!

DHC glitch fix was pretty much expected. I just hope you can still continue the combo like you can with Spider Man's Maximum Spider, just without the reset.

I expect a lot of salt coming from this though.

More like watch Thor get touch of death'd by non-god characters.

I wonder if X-23 will ever be in a Marvel movie. Quality of the video was solid btw.

About time they fix this...

Someone throw out some suggestions for a new anchor for my two teams. I usually run with

She-Hulk / Task / Sent

or

Task / Trish / Sent

I want to boot out Sent. Drones are awesome but I get blown up so easily when I have him in. I'm thinking Ammy, Tron, Dorm or Wesker. I'm a pad warrior and only play online, so lower execution would be clutch too. Any ideas?

Dahbomb

As a pad player myself, I am very comfortable playing with Wesker, Dorm and She Hulk. Dorm especially would be decent on those teams. Although you should try out Tron for anchor on that She Hulk team. She Hulk/Taskmaster/Tron is LEGIT. For second time, you may want to swap out Trish for Haggar and you might be able to bolster your Sentinel game with it if you use him second.

In fact I find playing She Hulk on pad really easy, I have been practicing with her. It's funny, the hardest part for me with She hulk is not her instant overhead, mix up, run cancels or the combos/hit confirms but timing that hyper to hit all 3 times. Sometimes I miss it and I don't know why. Any tips for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom