• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you play your Dorm? Rush or sit back? I was playing this Dorm the other day that had Dorm/Dante/Morrigan team. His Dante had Jam session and Morrigan with the meter assist.

I had a rough time getting in with Sent. He would set back, drop carpets and call jam session. And his flame hyper was blowing me up. Plus he always had meter. And XF3 morrigan is scary, heh.
IMO, Dormammu is the most match-up-based character in the game. You really have to treat every single opponent as a unique entity. In contrast, a character like Wolverine pretty much doesn't give a crap who he's fighting unless they have Haggar or Tron assist. I play Dormammu completely differently depending on my opponent's team and my opponent's style. Against most Dante players, for example, I'll just put down Flame Carpet and charge Dark Spells, because most Dante players get desperate and teleport, then I air throw them. If I spam Purification/Dark Hole, Dante can punish it easily. If I rush, Dante outranges me and has tools to shut me down (Jam Session on point). So, I just have to play it patient and let the thread of 3D0C bring him to me.

When I used Sentinel on point (~2000 games), I had Dormammu second. If someone heavily relied on their assist to keep Sentinel out, I would do one of two things:
1) Hyper Sentinel Force -> X-Factor on the assist call; dead assist.
2) Hyper Sentinel Force -> Chaotic Flame; this basically gives Hyper Sentinel Force the speed of a beam hyper; this DHC combination kills most assists outright, crippling the opponent's team.

Dormammu backed by Jam Session is a combination that gives a lot of characters trouble - some characters simply have no strong recourse other than things like what I mentioned above, or assists. I would try rushing in with Sentinel, and then blocking in wait of Jam Session while you call Double Lariat. Dormammu can't call Jam Session while Mayor is assisting, which gives you time for some pressure, but not a lot of it.

sleepykyo

GuardianE said:
She's gonna eat you up!

I'd rather Justin not jump on the bandwagon, but he's in it to win it, after all. I guess we'll see. I mean, She-Hulk is still a fantastic character, but he might develop a team to counterpick certain Phoenix teams.

I think that Justin's downfall against Tokido was partially that he second guessed his own strategy too much and missed a few combos (which = death). He also switched up his team in the second set to Wolv, Ammy, Tron... and while he's familiar with Ammy and Tron, they're obviously not his strongest characters. This was where the entire set became a series of lvl 1 X-Factor Wolverines. Tokido isn't scared of Tron. If he can take out Wolverine and get a mixup on Ammy by burning X-Factor early, it was worth it to him. And that's exactly what he did.

The last two matches were just dumb. Basically first throw wins and Tokido hit 1st throw both times and took out Justin's Wolverine.

DR2K

Banned
LakeEarth said:
This is why I'll never be good at this game. I'm just not a training mode fighter. In SF4 you can learn as you play, but you just can't do that in this game. You have to build your team, come up with a dozen different setups and tricks, and THEN you can play real people and adjust your play to experience. I wish I had the patience.

In SFIV you have to live in training mode just to learn basic links. One frame wrong and you can lose the entire round. You also have to learn your character and all 34 of their match ups.

Karsticles said:
IMO, Dormammu is the most match-up-based character in the game. You really have to treat every single opponent as a unique entity. In contrast, a character like Wolverine pretty much doesn't give a crap who he's fighting unless they have Haggar or Tron assist. I play Dormammu completely differently depending on my opponent's team and my opponent's style. Against most Dante players, for example, I'll just put down Flame Carpet and charge Dark Spells, because most Dante players get desperate and teleport, then I air throw them. If I spam Purification/Dark Hole, Dante can punish it easily. If I rush, Dante outranges me and has tools to shut me down (Jam Session on point). So, I just have to play it patient and let the thread of 3D0C bring him to me.

True story on being match up dependent. The good thing about him is that he can basically play anything he wants at any given time, but he doesn't truly excel at them (his rushdown is good but not great, same for his projectiles) so he has to exploit on what the other opponent is bad at. I would say he has the most problem against characters who are hybrids as well, such as Trish.

DR2K said:
In SFIV you have to live in training mode just to learn basic links. One frame wrong and you can lose the entire round. You also have to learn your character and all 34 of their match ups.
You act as if everyone is expected to play SF4 at tournament level.

LakeEarth

DR2K said:
I did that in ranked. I'm sure I would improve faster if I worked in training mode, but I find it much less necessary then MvC3 and way more fun to just play online and figure it out as you go.

DR2K

Banned
LakeEarth said:
I did that in ranked. I'm sure I would improve faster if I worked in training mode, but I find it much less necessary then MvC3 and way more fun to just play online and figure it out as you go.

Try playing in player mode, gives you more of a chance to learn your team and evolve your starts than a ranked match.

_dementia said:
You act as if everyone is expected to play SF4 at tournament level.

I don't play at tournament level and that's still the case. It's just the way it's designed.

Azure J

SolarPowered said:
Morrigan: Doesn't need many buffs and nerfing of her current stuff will make her invisible.
+Get rid of her gliding dash and replace it for a quick, long ground glide
+Cut her parabolic dash just a teensy bit so she doesn't fly all the way up there for no reason
+Replace the finishing shower with a regular directional beam hyper like Ryu's(don't care if it is not too damaging)

I'd be down for a concentrated one shot version of Soul Eraser for this job as long as it had high knockback/down or exploded on contact.

True story on being match up dependent. The good thing about him is that he can basically play anything he wants at any given time, but he doesn't truly excel at them (his rushdown is good but not great, same for his projectiles) so he has to exploit on what the other opponent is bad at. I would say he has the most problem against characters who are hybrids as well, such as Trish.
Agreed entirely. The only thing Dormammu excels at above anyone else is giving your opponent the feeling of being in a constant state of failure unless you're attacking Dormammu - "doing nothing" isn't quite as scary for any other character on the roster. Trish is a real pain, because she is faster than Dormammu, has more attack range on him, but doesn't need to approach if she doesn't want to, because Low Voltage L comes out faster than Dormammu's stuff. Generally, the pixies like Trish, Magneto, and Storm give me the most trouble with Dormammu, even above Wolverine.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
AzureJericho said:
I'd be down for a concentrated one shot version of Soul Eraser for this job as long as it had high knockback/down or exploded on contact.

I don't know how I even missed this bullet point. I'd love a beam super for Morrigan, but I don't think she really needs it. I'd be fine if it were exactly like old school Soul Eraser (slow startup, high hitbox, ground only). If it were aimable like Ryu's, I think it would take away a lot of the uniqueness of his Shinkuu Hadouken. I kinda wanted Capcom to give her Endless Slumber just for funsies.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ono fielded a question on Marvel recently, but I'm not really sure what he's saying here.

Please tell to inside company what to do to give us spectator mode in MvC3. — LinkHeroSSBB

Ono: Our [team] already had passed [the] code to Marvel vs. Capcom 3's team before few years.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SolarPowered said:
I was actually thinking about something that no one has really tried. People tend to talk a lot more about other characters instead of their own. What kinds of nerfs and buffs would you apply to your own characters if given the chance? I think it could start some interesting discussion and I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the buffs and nerfs.
RYU
- SRK assist has same invincibility as point version
- overhead cancelable into specials ala TvC
- 8-way Shinku Hadouken
- combo potential after Shin Shoryuken at any screen distance instead of corner only, also like TvC

MORRIGAN
- overall damage buff
- possible to combo into Shadow Servant from all throws instead of just back throw
- faster ground dash; I'm fine with it not being a "real" ground dash
- reduced start-up time on Astral Vision so that using it mid-combo is feasible, which is already the case for some other characters' utility hypers
- X-Factor boosts apply to Astral Vision clone
- give her Cryptic Needle; so what if having 5 hypers is absurd :p

FELICIA
- Please Help Me made OTG-capable so my terrible ass can actually combo into it >_>
- Dancing Flash made to hold the opponent in place a little better and not drop out at certain heights/distances
- Delta Kick usable in mid-air
- Toy Touch assist (replacing either B or Y assist)

CHUN-LI
- damage buff

AMATERASU
- fix that fucking bullshit airthrow hitbox/range grrrrrrrrr /salt

WESKER
- make his ground chain, launcher in particular, *somewhat* unsafe on block plz

ARTHUR
- deserves 1200K health instead of 800K health; a character dependent on keepaway tactics isn't exactly going to be getting a lot of damage from combos so he needs to be able to take hits to make up the difference
- *something* for mobility/spacing; maybe make his throws toss the opponent clear across the screen or something so that he has a way to effectively create space when pressured

HSIEN-KO
- deserves roughly double speed; only character I can think of who got a mobility *nerf* for her VS series introduction
- pendulum swing changed to function like VSav so that it can be canceled for unique aerial movement and momentum
- item toss changed to function like VSav so that dizzy items are predictable; would also make item assist at least somewhat useful
- get rid of the time bomb completely or map it to QCF+S so that it doesn't get in the way of regular item toss
- alter the start-up time on Tenraiha so that its overhead property is actually useful and the opponent can't change block on reaction to super freeze

WOLVERINE
- less derpy hitbox on dive kick
- dive kick always causes ground bounce, shortening some combo potential
- meaty hits beat Berserker Slash clean

IRON MAN
- needs usable hitboxes on a lot of moves imo

CAPTAIN AMERICA
- invincibility on cartwheel
- full start-up invincibility for Final Justice

THOR
- maybe super armor on a move or two? I dunno

M.O.D.O.K.
- more health maybe; kind of a punching bag as-is

PHOENIX
- I like this character just fine as-is, thanks :)
- I still think entry-after-KO game mechanics should be tweaked so that her trap+teleport+Xfactor game is indirectly nerfed in the process, though.

STORM
- maybe slightly faster projectiles

DORMAMMU
- Flame Carpet assist
- change Liberation assist so that it doesn't consume its charges upon use. maybe; haven't thought this one through on balance

TASKMASTER
- able to DHC out of Aegis Counter

SENTINEL
- 1.1 million HP (halfway between former and current levels); large powerhouse characters are virtually walking hitboxes and need to be able to take a little bit of extra damage to get in
- across the board damage nerf; this is what actually bothered people about the character in the first place

SHUMA-GORATH
- damage buff

Replace the finishing shower with a regular directional beam hyper like Ryu's(don't care if it is not too damaging)
Fuck that noise. I get salty every time someone suggests this. IIRC, Soul Eraser was just as slow and awkward to combo into from long range as Proton Canon is. She doesn't need that; Shadow Servant is there for an invincible assist punisher if she needs it. Finishing Shower lets me bully Phoenix around and allows for safe approaches for mix-ups, so I'd like to hold onto it.

vixlar

I have a little doubt, hehehe. Why C. Viper has EX attacks but Morrigan and Felicia don't have it? Given that Vampire Savior used the Super Bar to use Enhanced specials before Street Fighter 4.

If you have the text in Japanese, I have a friend that can translate, but he might not get back to me in a few days - source, too, please.

- item toss changed to function like VSav so that dizzy items are predictable; would also make item assist at least somewhat useful
How was it predictable in VS?

CAPTAIN AMERICA
- invincibility on cartwheel
Ugh, this is why Wolverine is irritating. No one should have a free ticket in against zoning without a price.

- change Liberation assist so that it doesn't consume its charges upon use. maybe; haven't thought this one through on balance
IMO, to keep this balanced, you would need a massive recovery time on Liberation, like ~15 seconds.

SENTINEL
- 1.1 million HP (halfway between former and current levels); large powerhouse characters are virtually walking hitboxes and need to be able to take a little bit of extra damage to get in
- across the board damage nerf; this is what actually bothered people about the character in the first place
His damage isn't even high compared to top tier characters, it's just on-par, and he has to work ridiculously hard for it.

I think Wolverine's Dive Kick is fine, Berserker Slash just needs to have its invincibility removed.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/...ssf4-ae-rebalance-random-sfxt-stuff/#comments

The problem is that there isn't any original Japanese text, unless he tweeted it in both languages. It's Ono's Engrish.

Looking through his tweets, this one mentions MvC

Yoshi_OnoChin Yoshinori Ono
でも、MvC3の様な感じでも無いんでしょ? 何とかしたいですね。 RT @cerberus0607: CG=例:スパ4AEのような画像。スパ4AE大好きですけどヴァンパイアはやはりアニメーションのほうが馴染みやすいと思うので(^^)d

Also the tweet he posted before the one I posted in my last post says:

Yoshi_OnoChin Yoshinori Ono
Sry,our SF's team dont know about MvC3... RT @Leighton_M1: Plz reply, great work on SSF4AE .. But we really need spectator mode in mvc3 ,

smurfx

get some go again
zero: i don't think he needs nerfs or buffs so he is perfect the way he is

haggar: i think haggar needs a quicker dash and maybe give his hoodlum launcher some armor. maybe that way he can be a pretty good character. i would not touch his double lariat though.

taskmaster: don't really think he needs any buffs or nerfs. one thing i would love is if his aegis counter hyper could deflect beam hypers.

only thing i would love to change right now about the game is getting rid of x factor lvl 1. well there are more things i would like to change but that is one thing i think really needs to be removed.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sixfortyfive said:
Fuck that noise. I get salty every time someone suggests this. IIRC, Soul Eraser was just as slow and awkward to combo into from long range as Proton Canon is. She doesn't need that; Shadow Servant is there for an invincible assist punisher if she needs it. Finishing Shower lets me bully Phoenix around and allows for safe approaches for mix-ups, so I'd like to hold onto it.

Beam supers are useful if for no other reason than they tend to do good, unavoidable chip, can punish assists, and are good for DHCs. Shadow Servant won't do full damage to an assist from most distances, so it won't punish as severely as it needs to. I wouldn't refuse a beam super if one was given to Morrigan, but I also wouldn't necessarily want to replace Finishing Shower.

How does Finishing Shower let you bully Phoenix? Couldn't she Super on reaction or teleport to avoid the entire thing? And how does it let you safely approach unless you DHC?

Nils said:
Ono fielded a question on Marvel recently, but I'm not really sure what he's saying here.

It sounds like Ono's team provided Niitsuma's team the code for spectator mode, but it wasn't implemented for some reason. Time constraints, I imagine.

smurfx said:
zero: i don't think he needs nerfs or buffs so he is perfect the way he is

haggar: i think haggar needs a quicker dash and maybe give his hoodlum launcher some armor. maybe that way he can be a pretty good character. i would not touch his double lariat though.

taskmaster: don't really think he needs any buffs or nerfs. one thing i would love is if his aegis counter hyper could deflect beam hypers.

only thing i would love to change right now about the game is getting rid of x factor lvl 1. well there are more things i would like to change but that is one thing i think really needs to be removed.

I think that deflecting beam hypers is a bit much. I think Taskmaster's damage needs to be toned down, much like Wesker. I'd like it if they fixed it so he didn't get monstrous damage of his OTG Supers and DHCs for no reason at all.

It's interesting that you say X-Factor lvl 1 is a problem. It's really not utilized much outside of Wolverine. And in that case, wouldn't changes need to be made more specifically to Wolverine's X-Factor lvl 1 rather than the concept of lvl 1 X-Factor in its entirety?

mr. puppy

Banned
don't touch the game until post evo. game is changing too quickly now for a bunch of bad ideas to be brought in.

if wolverine/x/phoenix dominates evo, then nerf phoenix and touch nothing else.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
smurfx said:

While I'd love that. He already has a better response than most characters by jumping over them and raining the diagonal hyper arrows.

smurfx

get some go again
mr. puppy said:
don't touch the game until post evo. game is changing too quickly now for a bunch of bad ideas to be brought in.

if you are going to nerf phoenix then also nerf wolverine.

Didn't you just say you're picking up Wolverine? Hmmm.

Just remove the invincibility on Berserker Slash and change X-Factor, and both are fine.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Karsticles said:
How was it predictable in VS?
The item toss is somewhat randomized in VSav, but whenever she tosses an Akuma statue, that means that the next item thrown will *always* cause dizzy state. So I'd like it to function like that so you could queue up one dizzy item on command.

GuardianE said:
How does Finishing Shower let you bully Phoenix? Couldn't she Super on reaction or teleport to avoid the entire thing? And how does it let you safely approach unless you DHC?
You of course can't use it if the opponent has meter to respond with and you're in their line of sight. But since the missiles come out from Morrigan's back a little bit before turning forward (this is why it takes comparatively long for the move to connect to the opponent btw), any Phoenix who tries to teleport behind you will end up actually teleporting straight into the missiles, and you can combo after it without DHC/XFC at certain distances. I auto-piloted my way to victory against every Phoenix at PowerUp because they didn't know this.

Generally speaking, you can dash in after the missiles and use them as cover fire, since they're somewhat slow-moving. Can't do that with a beam. This hyper is more about utility than damage.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sixfortyfive said:
You of course can't use it if the opponent has meter to respond with and you're in their line of sight. But since the missiles come out from Morrigan's back a little bit before turning forward (this is why it takes comparatively long for the move to connect to the opponent btw), any Phoenix who tries to teleport behind you will end up actually teleporting straight into the missiles, and you can combo after it without DHC/XFC at certain distances. I auto-piloted my way to victory against every Phoenix at PowerUp because they didn't know this.

Generally speaking, you can dash in after the missiles and use them as cover fire. Can't do that with a beam. This hyper is more about utility than damage.

I knew about the missiles out of the back, but if the player knows the matchup instead of teleporting on reaction then Phoenix has answers to it. I'm sure it would catch a lot of Phoenix players since no one knows the matchup, though. :p Good to know.

I thought that the recovery time was too long for you to dash in after the missiles, actually. I don't use it really outside of DHCs.

What do you use to pickup after connecting with Finishing Shower? It is corner specific?

The item toss is somewhat randomized in VSav, but whenever she tosses an Akuma statue, that means that the next item thrown will *always* cause dizzy state. So I'd like it to function like that so you could queue up one dizzy item on command.
Ah, cool. Thank you.

That's neat. I would love to see a video of a follow-up in action.

mr. puppy

Banned
Karsticles said:
Didn't you just say you're picking up Wolverine? Hmmm.

Just remove the invincibility on Berserker Slash and change X-Factor, and both are fine.

nahhh i think he'll be figured out. sure he's great, but theres other flavor of the month characters jumping around too.
phoenix is just as stupid as sentinel was when the game first came out.

JeTmAn81

I don't think Wesker should get a combo out of his counter hyper. Taskmaster doesn't get that, and he doesn't have a level 3, either! Also, slightly nerf chip damage from Taskmaster's arrows.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
JeTmAn81 said:
I don't think Wesker should get a combo out of his counter hyper. Taskmaster doesn't get that, and he doesn't have a level 3, either! Also, slightly nerf chip damage from Taskmaster's arrows.

Uhh. Taskmaster gets free Arrow hyper after his counter hyper. And it's OTG damage scaling.

nahhh i think he'll be figured out. sure he's great, but theres other flavor of the month characters jumping around too.
phoenix is just as stupid as sentinel was when the game first came out
Sentinel was never stupid, players were. Wolverine has been a top character since Justin Wong first picked him up at release. It just took the rest of the world a few months to catch on - he's not going anywhere, there's nothing to figure out about a character with an invincible teleport that attacks you right as it finishes.

You can't compare two characters like that. Wesker also doesn't have the ability to punish at full-screen like Taskmaster does, have an unblockable attack, etc. If you're desperate for damage, Taskmater can always combo into a Legion Arrow, and then you can DHC into an OTG hyper like Ice Storm.

Dahbomb

Buffs/Nerfs on characters that I use (the on-topic discussion):

All these buffs/nerfs assume that a general X factor nerf has been implemented especially on LVL3. So I am not going to bother saying "Nerf XF3 Wesker".

WOLVERINE: Overall does not deserve any buffs and is in need of substantial nerfs.

*Health reduced from 950K to 850K.

*Dive Kick hit box reworked. Should not be any better than Trish/Akuma's. Causes ground bounce no matter the state of the opponent so that it always leads into a half a combo at best.

*Berserker Slash reworked. No need for i-frames on that move and it needs to have some more start up frames so that it is actually blockable on reaction by the human eyes/hands.

*Slightly less overall damage on normals. Overall 50K-75K reduction on his BnB and 25K-50K reduction on Fatal Claw hyper. People need to have more incentive to use better combos with him than day 1 stuff.

*Crouching hit box reworked so that he is still hittable when doing cr.Ls. He should be hittable by Tron assist when he is using cr.Ls.

*J.L hit box reworked so that it doesn't insta-overhead. That shit is cheap as fuck.

WESKER - Not in need of any substantial buffs and no need for any substantial nerfs.

*Launcher needs more recovery frames. Frame disadvantage from -1 to -7 or -8.

*Phantom Dance should not randomly cross up. In exchange he should be able to do slightly higher overall damage from it.

*Regular gun shot needs some more start up frames (just slightly). It's a bit too good of a zoning tool for a command normal.

*This is a bit inconsequential but his cr.M hitbox needs to be fixed a bit so that it doesn't have "phantom limb" property ie it shouldn't extend beyond it's normal range randomly.

AKUMA - Nothing substantial needed.

*Some better hit boxes on some of his normals. Akuma has very stubby normals for such a low health character.

*More i-frames on regular Shoryuken.

IRON MAN - In need of some substantial buffs and does not deserve any nerfs.

*A fully cancellable wave dash. Iron Man wants this badly.

*cr.H reworked and mapped to d/f + H. cr.H is now a new normal that combos after his cr.M and easily links into his launcher. The old cr.H (missile) should be angled more downwards so that it can OTG at closer ranges and be combined with assists for relaunches. Should at least be super cancellable.

*Launcher hit box reworked. More horizontal/vertical range. Frame disadvantage changed from -18 to -8.

*Regular Proton Cannon should be aimable upwards like Angled Cannon. DP+2 Att Angled Proton Cannon should be removed for a better, more unique hyper. Proton Cannon should be made safer with slightly higher overall damage.

*Inputs for Smart Bombs and Repulsor Blast swapped. Different button inputs (L, M, H) for Smart Bombs yield different ranges for Smart Bombs for zoning purposes.

*Iron Avenger needs a more vertical range on its hit box and should easily link after Repulsor Blast (a lot of the times it ends up going under it).

*Finally, a slightly faster tri-jump would be nice to have although if any of the above buffs make it I would be happy as it is.

CHRIS - I just started playing him so I am not really sure what he needs so I will just skip this for now.

RYU- I agree with 645's buff list for Ryu. Overhead NEEDS to be cancellable into Launcher, that shit is just bogus.

smurfx

get some go again
mr. puppy said:
phoenix is just as stupid as sentinel was when the game first came out.
unless capcom releases a bunch of download characters there is no way wolverine will be "figured out". he is one of the top tier characters. the only thing that would slow him down is if capcom severely nerfs x factor lvl 1.

mr. puppy

Banned
smurfx said:
unless capcom releases a bunch of download characters there is no way wolverine will be "figured out". he is one of the top tier characters. the only thing that would slow him down is if capcom severely nerfs x factor lvl 1.

i'm still saying wait until after evo. i'm brand new at this game but the meta game is changing way too fast right now for good balance debates.

if they nerf x-factor, they change the entire game around and a whole new set of broken shit will come out that people will complain about. the only good way to balance a broken game (by design) is give more characters their own broken shit.

LakeEarth

JeTmAn81 said:
I don't get why Taskmaster gets to counter with his knock-off shield but Captain America, with the REAL DEAL, doesn't.

LakeEarth said:
I don't get why Taskmaster gets to counter with his knock-off shield but Captain America, with the REAL DEAL, doesn't.

This is like asking why Spider-Man's spidey swing sucks compared to Taskmaster's.

Nobody knows.

*Slightly less overall damage on normals. Overall 50K-75K reduction on his BnB and 25K-50K reduction on Fatal Claw hyper. People need to have more incentive to use better combos with him than day 1 stuff.
Does he actually have something better than day 1 stuff?

I feel like you're nerfing him too hard. I'm not big on nerfing, I prefer to buff characters. I only think it's viable to nerf the invincibility frames on Berserker Slash on principle - no one should have a free "in" on characters like Arthur.

It's not about the shield, it's about Taskmaster having the ability to determine your physical intentions after watching how you do things; he's using his muscle reflex memory power to foresee what you will do and counter it. Captain America has no such power.

This is like asking why Spider-Man's spidey swing sucks compared to Taskmaster's.

Nobody knows.
It doesn't suck, it just requires a longer input. Taskmaster's swing is really only good for combos and unblockables.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:
It doesn't suck, it just requires a longer input. Taskmaster's swing is really only good for combos and unblockables.

Isn't Spidey's swing similarly only good for combos and unblockables? I dunno. It kinda feels like Taskmaster should be the one doing the input, whereas Spider-man has it as a command normal.

Isn't Spidey's swing similarly only good for combos and unblockables? I dunno. It kinda feels like Taskmaster should be the one doing the input, whereas Spider-man has it as a command normal.
It's definitely an odd decision, but why not make both command normals?! Spider-man's web swing travels farther and faster I think with the H version, so it's better for mobility. I don't think Taskmaster's swing is actually superior, I think it's just easier.

My only thought with Spider-man is this:
When using Web Zip to create space (b.L+S, etc.), there might be some potential input conflicts between that and a b.H Web Swing. Taskmaster has no such conflict.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I wouldn't really change to much about the characters I use, but...

Storm:
-Her j.L hit box is weird...
-Her projectiles could come out a bit faster. I can fix a sandwich waiting on Typhoon to launch.
-I understand they don't want keepaway in this game, so they nerfed flight, but she doesn't seem like she builds much bar. Her float is gdlk though. She's the only one that can call an assist in the air that way.

Logan: Pretty much what everyone else said...especially regarding his health.

Magneto: "Playtime has ended" needs to be added back into his intro.

Dandy J

Dahbomb said:
*Dive Kick hit box reworked. Should not be any better than Trish/Akuma's. Causes ground bounce no matter the state of the opponent so that it always leads into a half a combo at best.
I've seen this suggestion before, and I think it is not a good solution...you're just making him even easier. You could still do divekick, jump loop, launch normal combo for the same damage as before. You could also still do divekick, drillclaw xx fatal claw, B,S ^ magic series, assist, otg slide, bbarrage xx super. I guess with damage reductions that would be ok but it would not lead to half a combo, just a different combo. I'd rather they just make it so you only get the bounce version after a drill claw, and make the command d+C only so you can't OS with air throw. Oh, and get rid of that dumb ass counter-hit stun. Wolverine already has a good CH setup with low short xx drillclaw.

SmokeMaxX

Oldschoolgamer said:
I wouldn't really change to much about the characters I use, but...

Storm:
-Her j.L hit box is weird...
-Her projectiles could come out a bit faster. I can fix a sandwich waiting on Typhoon to launch.
-I understand they don't want keepaway in this game, so they nerfed flight, but she doesn't seem like she builds much bar. Her float is gdlk though. She's the only one that can call an assist in the air that way.
? What do you mean the only one?

Storm is the only character in the game that can call an assist after superjumping. Just float!

I don't think it's fair to put Wolverine's Dive Kick on par with Trish and Akuma's - Trish and Akuma have projectile options, Wolverine does not.

Orayn

So I started playing this game yesterday. Put in a total of about 4 hours offline, mostly in training and challenges, trying to figure out a team I like before even taking a serious swing at arcade mode. Having a great time so far!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
SmokeMaxX said:
? What do you mean the only one?

If you super jump, you can't call an assist. If Storm super-jumps, then floats, she can. So, she can sit on top of the screen floating around while calling someone like Morrigan to build meter.

edit:Beaten. lol

edit edit: She can also fly afterwards. So, super jump -> Float -> Fly.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Orayn said:
So I started playing this game yesterday. Put in a total of about 4 hours offline, mostly in training and challenges, trying to figure out a team I like before even taking a serious swing at arcade mode. Having a great time so far!

Welcome to Marvel!

Nose Master

-Get rid of DHC glitch.
-Severly nerf XF, all three levels. There's no reason you should be getting a 120% damage increase for 20 seconds. Random idea: XF lasts 5/7/10 seconds. Instead of purely damage and speed, make the damage increase something like 10/20/30 at most. Remove the ridiculous damage increase, maybe throw on a mild defense buff in it's place?
-Nerf damage and damage scaling. Longer, higher execution combos should net you more than 50k over the generic bread and butter.

Phoenix - Make her fireballs / feathers dissipate when she gets hit. XF no longer completely negates DP's life drain, just slows it a bit. Healing field only works if Phoenix is not taking damage.
Wolvy - Doesn't need to be changed much. He has to use assists or Berserker Charge to use any of his specials safely, including dive kick. Turn down damage, a bit. Give him an assist worth using.
Spidey - Make webswing a command normal. Fix hitbox issues so he doesn't have to learn a custom combo for every character in the game.
Haggar - Tweak the hitbox on pipe a bit. I shouldn't be able to cross people up with that thing so easily. Get rid of all of his air normals being active until grounded, ffs. His headbutt and pipe are his only safe air moves. Make Hoodlum launchers more useful. Reduce hitstun on his punch super. Lariat is fine, it's very punishable if you bait them out. Get rid of ground bounce on St. H.
Hulk - Speed increase on XF. Reduce charge time on Gamma Wave. Make his SRK gamma charge that goes towards the wall cause wall bounce. Make gamma wave assist come out fast enough to use for OTG.
Sent - Increase health, lower damage (not a ton, just a little). His health was never the problem.
Task - Make spidey swing slightly more unsafe on block. Make his air H one hit. Give people reason to use something besides legion arrows, spidey swing, and shield charge.
Modok - Give him a normal jump. Tweak hitbox on his headbutt charge (so it doesn't get stuffed by god damn everything). 100k or so more health.

And uh, Modok can call an assist after superjumping. While in flight, anyways.

Dahbomb

Does he actually have something better than day 1 stuff?

I feel like you're nerfing him too hard. I'm not big on nerfing, I prefer to buff characters. I only think it's viable to nerf the invincibility frames on Berserker Slash on principle - no one should have a free "in" on characters like Arthur.
Yeah he does, after a ground bounce he can do some more fancy stuff for additional damage. He also has the Berserker Slash loop in charged up mode that does stupidly high damage. He can also do multiple drill claws while charged up.

I prefer buffing characters too but the on topic discussion was how would buff/nerf the characters that you play. I decided to go all out just for the hell of it.

And I do think that his Dive Kick needs to be looked at too particularly it's hit box.

mr. puppy said:
Clearly the only solution is to nerf everything, but buff everything else.
Buff everything except Wolverine, Phoenix, X Factor and DHC glitch.

Dandy J

Nose Master said:
Hulk - Speed increase on XF. Reduce charge time on Gamma Wave. Make his SRK gamma charge that goes towards the wall cause wall bounce. Make gamma wave assist come out fast enough to use for OTG.
Task - Make his air H one hit.
Hulk user found. Sorry, no one wants your retard downs syndrome char to be good. Game doesn't need to be any dumber than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom