• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Man...this game opened up a huge can of worms when it started adding patches to Marvel games. The moment Sent was patched on health it spelled out this huge message to players that if anything was ever found too powerful they would cut it out of the game.

In a way this pleases me, but in a way I miss the days of MVC2 when people wouldn't whine about patching out stuff everytime they lost (though whining about characters being unbalanced was still there they would try to be clever and put in tech to kill it). Now, regardless of whether some stuff is needed or not, soooooooo many things are getting begged about as changes that its hard to tell whats the best ideas and whats just being yelled due to having bad matchups on your teams. Its not just character whining anymore...its something bigger considering all the buffs, nerfs, and tools people are systematically wanting killed.

Some stuff I feel is legit and shouldn't have made it in the game. X-factor is crazy at lvl 3 and even at the other levels it was never really balanced per character. Phoenix was predicted to be nuts and proved herself to be such in game, and from day one there were people looking at Wolverine's damage and wondering whether it would become too scary once combo tech was in...it did.

Mainly I just think the only needed is those 3 things, and maybe some mobility issues with Hsien-ko and Haggar, but even that is up for debate.

SMVC3 is gonna be crazy. God knows what they'll do to it. I keep seeing random rumors about mvc3 getting 4 more characters and balance patches before smvc3 and smvc3 getting 10+ new characters and balance changes.

Everything is a mess right now between sequel and patch rumors. I won't give up on this game, but if all people talk about is how its gonna change and needs to change it gets frustrating to put in work on your characters knowing it may be thrown away soon due to all of this complaining. Yeah Wolverine is tough as hell, and yeah X-factor can blow you away, and yeah Phoenix can go to hell...but I'd rather level up and feel satisfied that I learned to beat these things myself than feel like I had to call for help to deal with the bully on the playground.

I just wanna play and get better. Things could be a lot more balanced as a whole with this game, and some characters are sure scarier than others, but thats fighters. It takes the joy out of it to see things the way they are now with patch begging.

So I started playing this game yesterday. Put in a total of about 4 hours offline, mostly in training and challenges, trying to figure out a team I like before even taking a serious swing at arcade mode. Having a great time so far!
Welcome to the game.

Yeah he does, after a ground bounce he can do some more fancy stuff for additional damage. He also has the Berserker Slash loop in charged up mode that does stupidly high damage. He can also do multiple drill claws while charged up.
Sure, I've seen that, but I've never seen anything better than what is normal bnb is non-charged. If you have a video, I'd love to see it just for some variation in my own Wolverine play.

I didn't know how people would react to making her Henkyo easier to pull off so I didn't post my idea. This is exactly how it should be. Her Henkyo game is decent at best and horrible at worst because of her funky inputs. I've never bothered using it because I have a hard time with the motion compared to QCB. I just don't understand some of the decisions for Hsien-Ko's moveset and commands some times.
It's odd that Anki Hou, her worst move, is the easiest to perform. *thumbs up* to changing it to an easier input.

Yeah, I actually didn't want to post it at first, but I decided to test the waters. Her increased damage will do more than enough to bring her up to the task. I still feel that a solid ten seconds is appropriate for golden mode, though. It is way too short in a game where some assists cover the entire screen or stay out for a while(think haggar here). She needs to be able to keep it for a decent while in my opinion.
Armored mode is basically free reign mode - your opponent can't do much besides run. 10 seconds is a long time to force your opponent to do that.

The problem I have with her air dash is that it seems to leave me open to attacks way too easily.
I usually don't use the air dash to travel, but rather for instant overheads; I think it's better for her to travel by plink dashing.

I've never seen this technique before. I know it is technically possible, but I've never actually seen it in a tournament or event. I'll refrain from commenting on the dash since I obviously don't know the whole story.
I messed around with it last night in training mode (big training mode night), and it allows Morrigan to combo off of Soul Fist.

You mean that she'd have an air and ground soul eraser right? I'd be down for that as long as its start up is more or less like Ryu's shinku. Hell, it could look just like her finishing shower except that the beam would come out the spikes around her or a portal.
Probably just a ground one, and I am really only okay with adding Soul Eraser because I want Morrigan on my team, but Dormammu and her do not DHC particularly well.

I don't know about this one. The Okami shuffle is her only level 1 hyper that does damage. It is also amazing tool to keep people on their toes and at a distance. It is crucial in fights against characters like phoenix, wesker and many other fast characters. I'd be willing to concede on this one thing if the Okami shuffle did full damage even if someone got caught behind Ammy. Her okami shuffle damage on teleporters is pitiful.
Okami Shuffle hits for a good portion of its damage behind Ammy. Most characters don't get anything! Against speedy characters, use Vale of Mist to get in and air throw into a combo.

I don't experiment very much at all. About 95% of my usage goes straight to those three on both consoles. I may experiment some time before MvC3 super turbo fighter edition launches, but that is a ways off.
I'm the opposite. 95% of my game is spent experimenting. I'm just now, after 3000 matches, getting to a point where I have a team I might want to focus on. I wish we could have gotten some games in! By the time I was open, you had logged off.

Neki

3000 matches? how ever do you find the time? maybe I should spend less time in the lab and more time playing people. :p

Me and my friend recently picked this game up. Its the first fighting game like this for each of us so we are both pretty bad. What characters would you guys recommend as easy to learn for beginners? So far i quite like amaterasu but thats all ive got.
Almost every character can be played at a beginner's level - just go with who you liked to start off with, because your interest in the character will fuel your progress more than anything else.

lol @ ppl getting mad. Yo Hulk is a retard char, no matter how bad he is. Yes, even more retard than Wolverine. Like straight downs. For real. Yes, he gets fucked hard by anything good, but that's how it should be, since he is an assist char.
dormammu.png

Oh? That's interesting. Another interesting way around this is to jump up with magneto, air dash up (or up-back or up-forward), fly and you can call an assist at any point of this entire sequence.
A good number of characters have this option, but it takes a lot longer unfortunately. If I wanted to jump, dash, fly with Dormammu, it takes an eternity!

What could they do to make DPs good in this game? Remind me if I am forgetting something, but every character who has a DP-like move doesn't use it. I sometimes see Chris G use Shoryuken, but that's him being flashy.
All of the DPs in this game are good, just not as assists.

What DP do you think is bad?

-Remove all of Magneto's loops.
-Lower Wesker and Wolverine's health.
-Wolverine's Dive kick punishable on block
-Wesker's gunshots nerfed
-Taskmaster's super damage nerfed
-Tron's gustaff fire assist has more vulnerability after the flame
-Dp still loses health in Xfactor
-Xfactor should be changed so that there is one version, and depending on how many characters you have left will determine how long it stays.
-Drone assist moves quicker and covers less space.
-Give Chunli an OTG
-Give hsienko mobility
It's so easy to tell when someone just has a list of characters they hate and want to see perform poorly, without any consideration for the quality of the character.

I use liberation...
Yes, but when will you leave training mode? ;-)

Having awesome mobility and tools is not fun enough and would be boring? I never said take out his loops. I have an issue with the massive meter gain during the loops above and beyond everybody else.
This game is still so young; perhaps other characters have similar options. With the proper assists, I can build almost 3 bars of meter with Dormammu in one combo.

You'll never see this on a stream though, because tournament players are too busy bandwagoning to experiment.

This makes me wonder what people think of Hsien-Ko, Arthur and the rest. I bet most people don't even know felicia exists lol.
One of my regular sparring partners mains Felicia. Knowing XF3 Felicia is one of the reasons I don't take complaints about XF3 Sentinel seriously.

Taskmasters manage to do fine with a b.H and a f.H, I'm sure Spidey can manage.
qcb.H conflicts with Web Throw, b.H conflicts with Web Zip.

does anyone just get an awesome visceral feeling from beating on Sentinel? he's so big, combos on him just feel so good, especially because it's almost impossible to ever drop one against him. getting Sentinel with a Tron combo is my favourite.
Seeing Sentinel always makes me depressed.

@DahBomb:
Good read.

Oh and USD, I liked your list more than most, though the Stalking Flare buff is really random.

3000 matches? how ever do you find the time? maybe I should spend less time in the lab and more time playing people. :p
On weekends, it's not abnormal for me to play 200 matches in a day. Plus, I have beaten arcade mode with all of the characters, done all of the events, etc. It all adds up over time.

Neki

playing ranked is bad for actual practice though. people still fall for day 1 Sentinel stuff, and j.H from Tron. makes me develop bad habits when I play people who can actually block. loool.

I love USD's list. Let's buff the shit out of the crazy good characters already!

*punches wall*

I also nearly posted something I was going to regret yesterday. I was nearly going to dump Hsien-Ko and Morrigan out of pure salt. Hsien-Ko is seriously fucking broken in the air. I honestly believe that there is something fundamentally broken about her ability to block in the air after I dash. I had a horrible day for Marvel yesterday, but there was a single distilled moment of pain when I ate a frying pan that was completely illegitimate in the air.

Oh, and I'm actually noticing just how crappy Morrigan's damage output really is right now. I've been studying so much for my Calculus exams that this kind of performance should just be expected...

Neki

I do remember hitting you out of your dash animation in the air with Sentinel in one of our games. I don't know if anyone can match Sentinel in direct air to air combat.

Trying to keep Sentinel busy in it's flying state so that it might drop close enough to the ground and corner for a cold star assist. I couldn't build nearly enough meter with Morrigan, I have no hyper that can beat Hard drive, Hsien-Ko can't put pressure against frying pan(f.H and H anki hou might will do that) and all three of my characters could get killed in a single X-factorless combo if any of them has 80%(or less) of their health left.

I think I may need to rework my entire approach.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DR2K said:
I've never seen a Storm combo last anywhere near as long. And Zero has to fight to get a hit in, that's not really the case with Magneto thanks to his speed, range, and mobility. As far as meter building, it's unfair that he can build a level 3 so quickly and use it as a touch of death if he wants.

I think nerfing top characters would allow for the lower characters to be more used. Especially the ones used excessively.

Zero has to fight to get in? I've never seen a character with an easier time establishing offense on most characters than Zero. That little asshole gets free pressure and has a million safe-on-block options.

USD said:
These are the changes I would like to see:

Why would you give all of the top tier characters more tools? I understand the idea of "buff everyone!!!!" but the most powerful characters shouldn't be buffed to the same extent as the low tier characters.

SolarPowered said:
Trying to keep Sentinel busy in it's flying state so that it might drop close enough to the ground and corner for a cold star assist. I couldn't build nearly enough meter with Morrigan, I have no hyper that can beat Hard drive, Hsien-Ko can't put pressure against frying pan(f.H and H anki hou might will do that) and all three of my characters could get killed in a single X-factorless combo if any of them has 80%(or less) of their health left.

I think I may need to rework my entire approach.

There's no real reason to engage Sentinel in the air. If you need to get him down, you can fire some Soul Fists up at him (esp with Astral Vision) and bide your time down below. Morrigan's Shell Kick blows up Sentinel. And it just takes one Shell Kick for Sentinel to be dead.

Watch his meter and act accordingly. This advice might not be as useful since I don't really know the scenario. Who has X-Factor, how many meters you have, how many characters you have.

playing ranked is bad for actual practice though. people still fall for day 1 Sentinel stuff, and j.H from Tron. makes me develop bad habits when I play people who can actually block. loool.
It depends on where you are with your character. It definitely degrades my Dormammu play, but since I'm still learning when to do what with Skrull, it provides a diverse environment for my to experience with him.

I also nearly posted something I was going to regret yesterday. I was nearly going to dump Hsien-Ko and Morrigan out of pure salt. Hsien-Ko is seriously fucking broken in the air. I honestly believe that there is something fundamentally broken about her ability to block in the air after I dash. I had a horrible day for Marvel yesterday, but there was a single distilled moment of pain when I ate a frying pan that was completely illegitimate in the air.
IMO, test it in training mode to figure out the mechanic. Set the CPU to just j.S with Sentinel over and over, and test how far after starting her dash Hsien-ko can block. Dashes are not safe in this game in general.

Oh, and I'm actually noticing just how crappy Morrigan's damage output really is right now. I've been studying so much for my Calculus exams that this kind of performance should just be expected...
You have to do her f.H jump-cancel loops for acceptable (~600K) damage.

I do remember hitting you out of your dash animation in the air with Sentinel in one of our games. I don't know if anyone can match Sentinel in direct air to air combat.
I don't think Sentinel is good in air-to-air combat, just because he has to use all of his attacks pre-emptively. His entire game is kind of like a Haggar assist against an experienced opponent. The most mobile your opponent is, the easier it is for them to bait you and tear you apart.

There are three ways to beat Sentinel:
1) Overwhelm him through fast, preferably multi-hitting attacks.
2) Zone him.
3) Bait him.

When Sentinel is in the air, he can j.H, which has a massive hitbox but generally doesn't reach crouching characters, j.M, which leaves his bottom open, and j.S, which is pretty safe but doesn't have a huge attack box like j.H and j.M.

With Hsien-ko, I would:
1) Anki Hou H
2) f.H
3) Air Throw (if he's close when he jumps; it will beat out all of his moves in priority)

If you get desperate from his pressure, cancel Anki Hou H into Rimoukon and place him on the defensive; it's pretty easy to open him up, he just zones Hsien-ko well. So, only do this if he's rushing you.

With Morrigan, I would:
1) Air Throw - she has great air mobility; I think she can land her OTG hyper from this.
2) Astral Vision + Fireball loops (fly-cancel them; I think the motion is qcf.L, qcb.S, qcf.H, qcb.S - if you can't do this with Morrigan, you're skipping one of her best offensive methods, and Sentinel doesn't have much he can do against it except for go for a Hard Drive, and you can cancel you flight to make it all safe)
3) Soul Fist, fly-cancel, air dash, j.S - beats everything Sentinel has except for s.S
4) Shadow Blade (fast startup, will beat out Sentinel's air attacks), fly-cancel into j.S, transition into a combo.

With Ammy:
Just rush the crap out of him with the disk. If he tries to go for aerial offense, dp.A. In general, stay in his face, but be defensive. Lots of aerial vine dashes while holding block; bait the s.S or anything else, then punish on recovery.

Neki

mr. puppy said:
why does justin even bother with storm? he's so bad with her and drops tons of combos.
DHCing into Hail Storm is a great punish because it removes all the start-up time it normally has. So it's decent against Phoenix players. He only needed Wolverine/Akuma to win anyways. I do it with Sentinel sometimes. I was playing this guy in ranked 5+ times, I noticed he was spamming Trish assist non-stop on me and I couldn't do much, so the next time he did it, I immediately dhced from Tron to Sentinel with HSF + x-factor + HSF and raped his assist.

mr. puppy

Banned
Ultimoo said:
DHCing into Hail Storm is a great punish because it removes all the start-up time it normally has. So it's decent against Phoenix players. He only needed Wolverine/Akuma to win anyways. I do it with Sentinel sometimes. I was playing this guy in ranked 5+ times, I noticed he was spamming Trish assist non-stop on me and I couldn't do much, so the next time he did it, I immediately dhced from Tron to Sentinel with HSF + x-factor + HSF and raped his assist.

theres other good punishes though, and the comboes he drops with storm is a lot of potential damage done by other characters that he has more skill with.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
mr. puppy said:
theres other good punishes though, and the comboes he drops with storm is a lot of potential damage done by other characters that he has more skill with.

Justin probably felt like he had enough room to experiment. It's not like he's bad with Storm. His Storm is good. I don't know if there are any other full screen punishes with the utility and damage of hailstorm. If Justin sees Phoenix throw anything out from pretty much anywhere on screen, he can Hyper, then DHC into Storm instantly.

This wasn't the first time Justin went up against Tin. He lost against him in Winners(?) solely due to Phoenix. Justin wanted as many countermeasures as possible against what he perceived to be the major threat... even at the cost of sacrificing damage on the other characters.

SolarPowered said:
Karsticles actually put some information up.

What does reworking mean?

I think he's implying that you should drop Hsien-Ko. D:

Karsticles said:
With Hsien-ko, I would:
1) Anki Hou H
2) f.H
3) Air Throw (if he's close when he jumps; it will beat out all of his moves in priority)

If you get desperate from his pressure, cancel Anki Hou H into Rimoukon and place him on the defensive; it's pretty easy to open him up, he just zones Hsien-ko well. So, only do this if he's rushing you.

With Morrigan, I would:
1) Air Throw - she has great air mobility; I think she can land her OTG hyper from this.
2) Astral Vision + Fireball loops (fly-cancel them; I think the motion is qcf.L, qcb.S, qcf.H, qcb.S - if you can't do this with Morrigan, you're skipping one of her best offensive methods, and Sentinel doesn't have much he can do against it except for go for a Hard Drive, and you can cancel you flight to make it all safe)
3) Soul Fist, fly-cancel, air dash, j.S - beats everything Sentinel has except for s.S
4) Shadow Blade (fast startup, will beat out Sentinel's air attacks), fly-cancel into j.S, transition into a combo.

With Ammy:
Just rush the crap out of him with the disk. If he tries to go for aerial offense, dp.A. In general, stay in his face, but be defensive. Lots of aerial vine dashes while holding block; bait the s.S or anything else, then punish on recovery.
All of these are viable except her air throw. Vector only works with Shadow servant if you catch them in the corner which is stupid if the hyper's damage is based on having space for full damage.
GuardianE said:
Not a bad idea at all.

Er, how do you get that from what I said? I love Hsien-ko. As I have said before, if she could DHC from Dormammu, I would put her on my team.

A lot of characters I like are no-go's because I can't DHC into them from Chaotic Flame, unfortunately.

All of these are viable except her air throw. Vector only works with Shadow servant if you catch them in the corner which is stupid if the hyper's damage is based on having space for full damage.
I thought the rule was that it only works if you do a backwards air throw.

Not a bad idea at all.
It's a great idea. Drop Hsien-ko, and you will either find happiness elsewhere, or realize how much you appreciate Hsien-ko. I thought about going back to Sentinel last night; 3 matches and I was back to Dr. Doom, and I am more confident than ever in my team.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:
Er, how do you get that from what I said? I love Hsien-ko. As I have said before, if she could DHC from Dormammu, I would put her on my team.

A lot of characters I like are no-go's because I can't DHC into them from Chaotic Flame, unfortunately.

I thought his post was replying to "reworking his team" from rocK's post.

I'm honestly kind of excited. Every fighting game that I've ever played has the same pattern. Crushing defeat opens new possibilities and tactics that I've never seen or tried. I can't wait for the weekend so that I can experiment and learn some new stuff.
Karsticles said:
He was referring to Rock's post.
Karsticles said:
I thought the rule was that it only works if you do a backwards air throw.
I'm pretty sure Vector drain can lead to a shadow servant if you catch them in the corner. I'd try it myself right now, but I've got classes in an hour and the ride is forty minutes.

I'm honestly kind of excited. Every fighting game that I've ever played has the same pattern. Crushing defeat opens new possibilities and tactics that I've never seen or tried. I can't wait for the weekend so that I can experiment and learn some new stuff.
Hopefully we can get some matches in.

I'm pretty sure Vector drain can lead to a shadow servant if you catch them in the corner. I'd try it myself right now, but I've got classes in an hour and the ride is forty minutes.
Oof, I'm all sorts of off-center today. I meant to say that I thought you could also land Shadow Servant after a backward air throw.

Neki

GuardianE said:
Everyone here plays on PS3, right?
Everyone in superior fighting game GAF, yes. SolarPowered(does PS3 too), smurfx, enzo_gt run 360 GAF. no idea about shadoweeb and sixfortyfive though. :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ultimoo said:
Everyone in superior fighting game GAF, yes. SolarPowered(does PS3 too), smurfx, enzo_gt run 360 GAF. no idea about shadoweeb and sixfortyfive though. :p

360 here. D: It's why I never bothered to ask people for matches while this thread was more active.

Neki

GuardianE said:
360 here. D: It's why I never bothered to ask people for matches while this thread was more active.
play smurfx then. here's some advice:
he's going to call Haggar assist. a lot.

p.s Q used to be top tier in Marvel before he died.
p.s2 what happened to your avatar _dementia? ;o

Neki

as long as you get to blow up people locally, no problem there. it's the only way to go. hit-confirming online is a bitch.

Neki

weird, at the tournament I just participated at, Marvel had 45 entries while AE had 42. swear AE had more. apparently two wins gets you 13th place, lool. yes for being sub-par on x-box pad! I also thought Brawl would have a bigger turnout, but that only had 21, which is also weird. also apparently Detrimantix was there, but I don't know if it's the same Detrimantix I'm thinking of. he was in the grand finals of MvC3.

edit: yeah, pretty sure it was him, said he was sponsored by canada cup. god damn, I could have got blown up by him.

DR2K

Banned
It's so easy to tell when someone just has a list of characters they hate and want to see perform poorly, without any consideration for the quality of the character.

If the quality of the character impedes on the quality of other characters, then you have no choice but to evaluate it.

Loops and infinites are dumb, easy mode touch of death combos are dumb, dive kicks with GB are dumb, if your quality relies on dumb than make it less dumb.

Dahbomb

USD took the buffing aspect a bit too seriously.

Meter gain during Devil Trigger for Dante would be BROKEN. 10% damage increase on normal damage would mean new Dante is always in Devil Trigger mode and new Devil Trigger mode would basically up his damage to X factor levels. And if he gets meter gain during that... he would essentially be in X Factor mode all the time.

And Wolverine/Phoenix buffs... HOLY SHIT!!!

Dahbomb, I would put Mago over Daigo in your list here is why.

I had the chance to attend Shadowloo Showdown and pretty much scoped out all of Mago's MVC3 matches. (most of which never got streamed)

I will go on record right now and state Mago has the best Dog and Sent in the world. I did not see him drop a complex Sent combo once this whole weekend. His sword stance Dog is a sight to behold and the most scary dog I have seen played in MVC3 to date.

Also another note. His Mag is a fucking beast to and he did not drop any Mag combos and had some sick DHC glitch setups.

So IMO he should go above Daigo as someone to watch out for come evo.

It was amazing to see how much he leveled up in a short amount of time from Revelations to Shadowloo Showdown.

This Evo is going to be fucking amazing. I just hope U.S keep marvel on lock. Let's Go Justin.
I put Daigo in as dark horse of tournament aka the player who might come from left field to blow everyone up. Mago is a known quantity at this stage, we know he is very good and we know what he is good with. The little preview video of Daigo earlier on showed that he could play with a bunch of characters plus Phoenix so I can't help the fact that he is holding something back. Mago is definitely a legit international threat for the US.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
My dark horse bet for top 3 would be RyRy, provided that he gets off his ass and actually practices. He coasted to 2nd place in ECT without having put in any serious effort in a while and his execution was obviously worse off for it.

Dahbomb said:
USD took the buffing aspect a bit too seriously.
He didn't take anything seriously (yet still produced a better list than DR2K :p).

Dahbomb

Ultimoo said:
How are you determining grand finals appearances? What if someone changes teams after a reset, or mid match, or what if they pull a Jwong? Do you consider their team that they've been using all tournament or the one that ultimately wins or loses in GF?
I put in the team that they used in the grand final match only or what they used in the majority of the GF matches. It makes it easier on me that way. Like for example in the grand final of PowerUp Noel used his Wolverine team once but used his Dorm team for the most part in grand finals so I used his Dorm team in the statistics.

Otherwise there would be even more She Hulks/Wolverines on there because at least twice JWong started off playing She Hulk/Wolverine/Akuma and switched to something else in the grand final. 90% of players however stick with their usual teams especially coming into grand finals.

Loops and infinites are dumb, easy mode touch of death combos are dumb, dive kicks with GB are dumb, if your quality relies on dumb than make it less dumb.
If those are your criteria for dumb then you need to write a whole book on stuff that should be nerfed in MVC3.

Also loops are finite and only last as much as the hit stun allow them to. Numerous characters in this game have legit loops although some of them like Wesker's air loop don't last for more than 2 reps.

My dark horse bet for top 3 would be RyRy, provided that he gets off his ass and actually practices. He coasted to 2nd place in ECT without having put in any serious effort in a while and his execution was obviously worse off for it.
What team did he use?

Also loops are finite and only last as much as the hit stun allow them to. Numerous characters in this game have legit loops although some of them like Wesker's air loop don't last for more than 2 reps.
I think every character in the game has a j.MHS loop or something similar when in an air-to-air conflict.

malfcn

I am so-so at Street Fighter and MK. Put MVC on the shelf because a friend was stomping on me and I got burnt out on it. Decided to give it a try again after a few months. Practice practice like everything else I suppose.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
malfcn said:
I am so-so at Street Fighter and MK. Put MVC on the shelf because a friend was stomping on me and I got burnt out on it. Decided to give it a try again after a few months. Practice practice like everything else I suppose.

The biggest issue that I think a lot of players have when coming from SF to MVC is that they don't have a gameplan. In MVC, you should have a goal in mind right from the start based on the composition of your team versus the other person's team. You should have a lot of tricks and counters up your sleeve. In SF, you have the luxury of playing it more reactionary and doing some poking. Just my opinion, though.

It also feels like matchup knowledge in general is much more important in MvC. Just knowing your opponents' approach options because they're so fast and often safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom