• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Harpoon

Getting all the more excited about Ultron being confirmed playable. Who else already planning to have him as one their mains?

UpdsQ0Y.jpg

People should chill out that want Leon.
maxresdefault.jpg

RE6 is a game that was essentially made because people in charge wanted to have a fight between Leon and Chris.

Nemesis and Jill fans might need to be worried, but I bet RE's roster will be Wesker, Chris, and Leon when all is said and done. Maybe one more(Nemesis, Ada or Jill, probably) as DLC. It's their biggest series.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Rocket's probably getting altered to accommodate Groot.

As for Chris, the BSAA could have had budget cuts for all we know. We won't know for sure until later this week.

That's a big possibility with Groot, yeah.

But Chris has to be RE5 Chris - they can throw in all the costumes they want to make him look like other versions, but the voice and look has to be RE5.

Same deal if/when they add for example, Sentinel. Can't be that Fox movie Sentinel, gotta be MvC Sentinel.

you havent had information in 5 months, we might have finally some new shit but its just 8 more characters, and you think the release date has been pushed up?

I cant even follow your reasoning dude :/

Because Ryce said we'd be surprised at the release date.

SaikyoBro

I am curious about there being more Marvel characters than Capcom characters, I wonder what the explanation will be for that if that's really the complete list of characters we'll see revealed?

Maybe a new CGI teaser? I remember Dormammu was shown in a Marvel 3 trailer before his playable reveal, perhaps the same thing is happening with a couple of the Marvel characters.

Jawmuncher

That's a big possibility with Groot, yeah.

But Chris has to be RE5 Chris - they can throw in all the costumes they want to make him look like other versions, but the voice and look has to be RE5.

Same deal if/when they add for example, Sentinel. Can't be that Fox movie Sentinel, gotta be MvC Sentinel.

Unless they're reusing voices too so it's Roger Craig Smith again, they should ditch RE5 chris. I don't need that look if he doesn't have the same voice.

Weiss

Banned
I am curious about there being more Marvel characters than Capcom characters, I wonder what the explanation will be for that if that's really the complete list of characters we'll see revealed?

Maybe a new CGI teaser? I remember Dormammu was shown in a Marvel 3 trailer before his playable reveal, perhaps the same thing is happening with a couple of the Marvel characters.

I'm guessing it'll be a CGI teaser with Ultron as a boss reveal and three fights between Marvel and Capcom characters, with one extra Marvel character (probably Rocket) somewhere in there.

Wait what?
Those are the characters that are going to be revealed? As some of you have said, quite curious to have 5 from Marvel and 3 from Capcom.

Chris? And here I expected that he was going to get cut. I like him, just expected Jill and Wesker more.

Jaw, did Chris use the same weapons from RE5 in RE6? Mainly stun rod. I know Satellite Laser wasn't in that game...right?

I only played the Leon campaign. I'm just wondering if Chris could possibly play different, though with the moveset in MVC3, I find it hard to believe he could be altered that much.

Mizerman

If there was ever one newcomer that I would bet actual money that they would appear in this game, it's Black Panther. I pray you don't have to torture yourself with SF4.

I would be surprised if BP missed the cut seeing as he's getting a huge push. I'm confident T'Challa is in, tho.

Like i said earlier, y'all are delusional if you think that Capcom is not going to take everything they can from Marvel 3

I really don't mind if assets are reused as long as the game delivers. Plus, it ain't like it's the first time that happened.

BossRush

You know what? It's fine. The fact that they're reusing so many assets maybe means that they don't HAVE to delay the game. I hope it'll be fine.

Dahbomb

Jaw, did Chris use the same weapons from RE5 in RE6? Mainly stun rod. I know Satellite Laser wasn't in that game...right?

I only played the Leon campaign. I'm just wondering if Chris could possibly play different, though with the moveset in MVC3, I find it hard to believe he could be altered that much.
They are RE characters, they play the same. Sheva plays the same as Chris too.

I state again.. these are humans with weapons and some CQC training.

Weiss

Banned
Wait what?
Those are the characters that are going to be revealed? As some of you have said, quite curious to have 5 from Marvel and 3 from Capcom.

Chris? And here I expected that he was going to get cut. I like him, just expected Jill and Wesker more.

I'm guessing this means Wesker will be a main villain in the campaign and either Jill (in her MvC2 state) or Claire will be another RE rep.

Skilletor

Exactly, it's impossible so why worry!

I'm not worried!

That's why I said I'd play SF4 if he was in! lol.

Both of those things are impossible: me playing SF4 ever again, Black Panther NOT making it into MvC:I.

It's like me saying, "I bet I'll wake up with black skin tomorrow. If I don't, I'll do a ft5 with you in Masters of Teras Kasi."

I don't give a SHIT that they are reusing assets. Fuck, developers do it all the time. Injustice 2 is a mishmash of reused assets applied to new characters. I'm not going in expecting brand new animations because at the end of the day, I just want the game to come out.

Jawmuncher

He mainly had new weaponry in RE6. No stun rod, but he had a knife. Different style shotgun, machine gun, and magnum as well. But really nothing hugely different. He had a ton of new melee moves though.If anything I see chris being similar but with a different look. I don't think they'll reuse the same chris even if Wesker returns.

Dahbomb

Capcom so god damn lucky that Niitsuma made a Marvel game that could be reused in the next gen because of great assets.

They are going to double dip so hard.

Top Bottom