• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF6 vs Moron Kombat 1 vs Tekken 8

Best FG of the last 12 months?

• Total voters

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
3 huge fighting games all came out pretty close to each other and all 3 are good (IMO). Which did you like best if you played all 3? I like all 3 quite a bit for different reasons.

SF6: shits all over SFV. Interesting single player modes. I grinded the hell out of this to get Marisa’s secodary costume. Great netcode. Great roster. I was worried when Ono left that this would be a mess but it’s excellent and feels very different from previous entries but still familiar. Nice graphics but the weakest of the 3 in that department IMO.

MK1: Very nice looking and fun to play. Lots of customization. I tapped out on the story mode after a while but it was definitely well done. Netcode is questionable and it takes forever to get a fight going. Very weird juxtaposition between the Marvel movie style story mode and the over the top violence of the game itself. I love the roster and the cameo system is a cool way to throw in random characters without taking forever to balance the roster. Great graphics and production value. DDTing a guy’s head off with Reiko is maybe the most satisfying way to end a match in any fighting game ever.

Tekken 8: My personal pick for sure. Amazing looking game. Great roster. Great stages with lots more interaction and ways to extend combos. Heat system is dope once I got used to it. Great OST. Didn’t play the single player but people like it. Good netcode but not as great as SF6’s.

Whats the verdict, GAF?

Pelao

I enjoyed all three and have always been a fan of all three franchises, but in this case Tekken takes the lead for me. The game simply feels superb to play.

Pejo

Despite some issues I have with Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising, I still think it's the best whole experience. Great single player components, a fun side mode, diverse moveset for the roster, easy to pick up but high ceiling. Online seems to have cratered already for it despite being cross platform though. I also hear Under Night 2 is good but I missed the price mistake on Humble the other day and I still haven't picked it up.

Out of the 3 in the OP, the only one that hasn't been ruined by its own developers is Tekken 8. I enjoy the game quite a bit but I prefer 2D fighters in general.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Street Fighter VI and Tekken 8 are both equally amazing games that offer something unique in the FGC space. I can't really directly compare them as it would be akin to comparing Dungeon Keeper with Command and Conquer. Sure, both are RTS games - but they are wildly different from each other. Both titles offer so much in terms of modes, unique characters, and fun. Both also offer a lot of love and respect to their franchises.

What I can say is "Moron Kombat 1" was beyond disappointing and a middle finger to fans after an already equally massive middle finger to fans with the last game. Pay me 14.99 to get the rest of the post.

Mortal Fucking Kombat. MK1 was the best since Deception after that MKX and MK11 crap. Tekken has pretty much been dead to me since that streaming pile of shit that was Tekken 6. I try each new title in the hopes that it'll get better and whilst Tag 2 was a laugh, 7 was dreadful and I didn't last much longer with 8.

Street fighter sadly I never got into.

Know what was fucking great though? VF4 on PS2 and Bloody Roar and Tobal. All very underrated.

Kacho

Moron Kombat is so apt

Tekken 8 gets my vote. I've always prefered 3D fighters over 2D so I'm biased. They click with me more.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Tekken 8

Moron Kombat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shit Fighter 6 (I honestly think its the worst game in the series history other than SF1....I'd rather play Street Fighter EX 3)

JordiENP

tdcfhZd.jpg

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
MK9 was the last good MK.

Tekken 6 was the last good Tekken before they went mental and started selling you the full game 1 piece at a time.

Guess SF6 wins by process of elimination.

Zathalus

Single player on MK1 was fun. But SF6 multiplayer kept me engaged for longer. I have not played Tekken 8 yet.

SF6 easily.
The only game of the 3 that tried something new and made some actual fundamental changes to existing gameplay and flow.

Tekken 8 is more or less a nicer looking version of Tekken 7. And MK1 just added assists, which other games have done before, and better.

Pelta88

The mechanics in SF6 take a lot of skill out of the game. I found myself managing meter more than enjoying the combat.

I still watch the tourneys for the top tiers.

Puscifer

MK1 because at they give out a ton of free content that has to be paid for with the other two.

Tekken 8, good but the roster could use some tweaking and I hate they're taking lore so seriously they won't even have Heihachi as a ghost character and pulled an isekai

SF 6 is a dollhouse

kunonabi

Tekken 8 for me. Just does everything right. I like MK1 in concept and there are some cool kameo synergies, not that you're going to see most of them in competitive play sadly, but the game was really not ready for release. It's missing features, buggy, single player kontent is way worse than 11,and the character designs are only marginally better than they were in 11. Support from nether realms has just been abysmal too.

SF6 is an overall better package and game than MK1 but I like it even less. I hate the new character designs, the art style, the music, and I really don't like kind of gameplay the drive rush mechanic promotes. I find some of the other mechanics backwards too. The weird Twitter pandering in the character creator is also a turnoff.

Caffeine

street fighter 6 is the best experience for me. mk has regressed since x with each release. mk1 feels unpolished. I havent booted up tekken 8 yet.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Depends on what your style.
Pro and serious SF6.
More casual friendly but also competitive T8.
Casual friendly but over the top and broken MK1.

Crayon

I've only played Tekken 8. It's an ignorant spamfest. But sf6 is ugly and mk is foreign so they lose.

Labolas

Probably Tekken 8 but it's not really fair tbh. It's a 3d game that has unique mechanics that are only in that subgenre. I mean the movement alone is more technical than anything in SF or MK. I enjoy watching tournaments and pros unlike SF6. MK1 is just the drizzling shits even the pro scene dislikes the game. I'm more or less in a love/hate relationship with SF6. In some aspects, I really enjoy fundamental mechanics but aestheically I do not like the game.

bumpkin

MK1: Very nice looking and fun to play. Lots of customization. I tapped out on the story mode after a while but it was definitely well done. Netcode is questionable and it takes forever to get a fight going. Very weird juxtaposition between the Marvel movie style story mode and the over the top violence of the game itself. I love the roster and the cameo system is a cool way to throw in random characters without taking forever to balance the roster. Great graphics and production value. DDTing a guy’s head off with Reiko is maybe the most satisfying way to end a match in any fighting game ever.
Nowhere near as much as MK11 had. They cut a bunch of options for making each character your own from an aesthetics standpoint. Huge step back.

Spot on with everything else though. NRS knows how to make a nice looking, easy to play fighting game.

//DEVIL//

mk1 is the worst mk game i have ever played since probably the N64 version.

like... it shouldn't be even in the same title as Tekken 8. probably the best fighting game ever released for a while now.

SF6 is great game too. but I would pick tekken over SF

I never cared about SF, and didn't play MK1 this time, so
Martial Arts Fighting GIF by Xbox

The production value is so through the roof I'm totally afraid this will make SC7 not happen

Top Bottom