• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

If only. :(

marvelantmanfake.jpg

Maybe this leak and the social media giving them a shit show will make them reconsider and delay the game with a better launch roster. Probably won't happen because it's Capcom lol.

Maybe this leak and the social media giving them a shit show will make them reconsider and delay the game with a better launch roster. Probably won't happen because it's Capcom lol.

Capcom seems less likely to listen to fan feedback than other devs, plus they might have to hit the release date for Disney.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It is odd seeing a series like Ace Attorney be ignored for someone like GnG.

Literally makes no sense at all.

At least I'm glad Arthur and Firebrand might get in but at same time I lost Phoenix Wright and Haggar. Hopefully they would be back in the future.

For BOF Character, the chance went from 0.1 to 0.001 or 0.

Lulubop

Depends. Let's say it was Agent Venom or Anti-Venom. That'd be new to the series. You can have venom without Eddie Brock after all.

But they just changed him back to brock in the comics, like it would be insane. Also people would be pissed of by the wording, you don't fuck that up.People are already going to be pissed at Capcom.

Sure it does. GnG is a storied Capcom franchise, and they could have something new in the works for it.

Ace Attorney is one of Capcom's most popular IPs currently.

GnG probably having something in the works doesn't excuse them ignoring it. At all.

In terms of relevance, it isn't even close.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

GnG probably having something in the works doesn't excuse them ignoring it. At all.

You just did a good job on you argument to make a point that he's a popular character so he would make a decent DLC character since his franchise is still relevant

vg260

There are cases to be made for both, and neither is irrelevant if you're talking about pulling iconic characters from Capcom's history.
Your preference probably depends on when you started gaming.

I do think one character from GnG should have been enough, though given the limited slots.

Jawmuncher

But they just changed him back to brock in the comics, like it would be insane. Also people would be pissed of by the wording, you don't fuck that up.People are already going to be pissed at Capcom.

That's why I'm not ruling it out. They've already done all of this, so I wouldn't put it pass capcom and/or marvel

There are cases to be made for both, and neither is irrelevant if you're talking about pulling iconic characters from Capcom's history.
Your preference probably depends on when you started gaming.

I do think one character from GnG should have been enough, though given the limited slots.

I get Arthur. I actually like Firebrand. Both in a limited roster is ridiculous. Nemesis adds to the insult.

This roster just seems so horribly built. If their endgame was to get all of the characters that everyone would want and lock them behind paywall, then Capcom must really want this game to fail. With the way they described the roster, I find it hard to believe this is something they'd truly want.

Jawmuncher

Ace Attorney is so popular they won't release physical copies of the games anymore*

Goddamnit Capcom

*physical in the west

I think AA didn't make it in along with a lot of other characters (clover team) because they're appealing more to the west. Though some of the choices if that was the case are still odd.

Depends. Let's say it was Agent Venom or Anti-Venom. That'd be new to the series. You can have venom without Eddie Brock after all.
To be fair, in recent mobile games Marvel is usually very clear to label Flash as "Agent Venom" not just "Venom", while "Venom" is reserved for Eddie Brock

I don't believe I've seen any other Venom host, or Anti-Venom, in the spotlight in recent years outside those two.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MvCI tweets the "latest" gameplay trailer...

...and its the same one from 1 month ago. We're getting trolled guys.

Jawmuncher

🤔 MVC might have a bigger presence at the capcom space than I thought. Honestly I'm starting to bet that people at E3 are basically gonna be playing something close to the final build.

With 4 months until release. A lot of the final work would just be balancing and tuning up. So us having the full roster now makes sense.

OsirisBlack

Banned
With a game like this you can't make everyone happy. I played Thor,Strange and Dormammu as my marvel only team two of them have returned. Thanos is going to be my new main probably paired up with jedah or gamora. All things considered I see no issues with the starting roster and just hope people bade the game on its gameplay. Not which character they wish was in the roster. Looking at the new format 2 v 2 what's to say any of those old characters would be any good? No doom missiles is not a bad thing.

Jawmuncher

With a game like this you can't make everyone happy. I played Thor,Strange and Dormammu as my marvel only team two of them have returned. Thanos is going to be my new main probably paired up with jedah or gamora. All things considered I see no issues with the starting roster and just hope people bade the game on its gameplay. Not which character they wish was in the roster. Looking at the new format 2 v 2 what's to say any of those old characters would be any good? No doom missiles is not a bad thing.

Like earlier it goes both ways. You can't make everyone happy, but if a person isn't interested in any of the characters. They can't necessarily just drop that fact and enjoy it just for the gameplay. Especially on the casual side of things, where people want to play their favs and not who has the best mechanics. So it's a slippery slope.

From the reaction on here, other sites, and social media, it seems the slid down the slope more than climbing it.

They've created more anger and frustration than excitement.

Not exactly the ideal way to move past SFV's shadow.

OsirisBlack

Banned
From the responses and reactions I've read it seems fans just wanted umvc3.5 and not a new game. I'll wait to pass judgment but ultron looks fucking awesome gives me hope for the new additions.

J-Tier

With a game like this you can't make everyone happy.
You could make the majority of consumers relatively happy with the product, people would be bitter about one or two characters always--but not at this scale. This is less content than even conservative expectations.
From the responses and reactions I've read it seems fans just wanted umvc3.5 and not a new game. I'll wait to pass judgment but ultron looks fucking awesome gives me hope for the new additions.
People would prefer a UmVC3.5. There's hardly anything new in terms of character inclusion, since it's primarily made up of UMvC3 veterans anyways.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
MvCI tweets the "latest" gameplay trailer...

...and its the same one from 1 month ago. We're getting trolled guys.

What's wrong with it? it is the latest released.

The one who got trolled is Ono who just retweeted what the official MVCI twitter posted.

Lulubop

Meh, It's always the same people whining and bitching about it. I will wait till it's annonced but the outrage regarding this seems overblown as usual.

Yea, because SFV wasn't a gigantic flop. Capcom has no good will to give the benefit of the doubt, we can pretend it's not a problem but because of SFV and because of the other fighters on the market, it is.

Meh, It's always the same people whining and bitching about it. I will wait till it's annonced but the outrage regarding this seems overblown as usual.

Eh, not necessarily. Capcom has said the game wouldn't be limited to the MCU. A complete lie sans one character.

Capcom said the roster size wouldn't be disappointing. Another lie.

Capcom said they've learned their lessons from SFV. Their solution? Put together a half-assed roster and rely on DLC. Horseshit.

This game has the makings of a disaster. What exactly is overblown about this?

Lothars

Eh, not necessarily. Capcom has said the game wouldn't be limited to the MCU. A complete lie sans one character.

Capcom said the roster size wouldn't be disappointing. Another lie.

Capcom said they've learned their lessons from SFV. Their solution? Put together a half-assed roster and rely on DLC. Horseshit.

This game has the makings of a disaster. What exactly is overblown about this?
That we don't actually know if this is the actual roster maybe it is but I am extremely doubtful. we also haven't seen much other than the first trailers plus if this is the roster than it's still not to bad, The main issue I have is no X-men at all but for the most part I am okay with this roster.

J-Tier

It was still a great game with problems but alot of the hate towards it was completely overblown.
There was just enough hate for it (SFV) to be a financial failure. It's more than just the same people whining and bitching when it has such an effect on the market. MvCi will need a hell of an E3 showing to create a turnaround.

Jawmuncher

I honesty imagine someone being like "Shit the fan backlash is strong what can we do?"

"Show then the gameplay again, that'll change their mind!"

A case of silence being the better alternative. Facebook and Twitter comments are brutal.

There was just enough hate for it (SFV) to be a financial failure. It's more than just the same people whining and bitching when it has such an effect on the market. MvCi will need a hell of an E3 showing to create a turnaround.

Yeah there's a point where things are a bit more of than just "the same people over blowing things". SFV is a good example. It might not be the worst game or anything, but that launch was indeed lackluster enough to a lot of people to hurt the game greatly and essentially destroy any legs it could've had.

SFV is in a similar situation MVCI is currently in. Where a lot of even the casual base that catches wind of the supposed roster (it trended on Facebook and Twitter) are going to see it and judge accordingly. A good E3 presentation and other things might turn things around (especially if this perhaps isn't a final roster somehow).
But a big issue is capcom wants the Injustice, Tekken, money without putting those sorts of budgets behind their games it seems.

That we don't actually know if this is the actual roster maybe it is but I am extremely doubtful. we also haven't seen much other than the first trailers plus if this is the roster than it's still not to bad, The main issue I have is no X-men at all but for the most part I am okay with this roster.

A brand new game with less new characters than UMVC3? Check.

4 females total? Check.

Will I still play it? Most likely because it's Marvel. But come on. You know (assuming this is true) that this type of roster is not a good look.

Lulubop

It was still a great game with problems but alot of the hate towards it was completely overblown.

Yea and all that hate effected everything around, it's public and critic perception which it term effected it's bottomline. This game is going to be shaker out the gate which will effect things like the long term support of this game and future titles. You can say overblown all you want but those people spoke with their wallet, so yea no.

Top Bottom