• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

junpei

Could be a neat alt. Were you hoping for it to be default?

It's a tad gaudy and overdesigned in my opinion. Not sure people would've taken to it very well.
I guess I could see that but it's more about the abilities he gets with the Armour.

The Hood was being pushed at the time, so it's not too surprising. Remember, MvC3 came out after Dark Reign, so it's development was right in the middle of that, and the Hood was a major player then. Also he was tied to Dormammu at the time.

Doubt he has a shot now though.

Veedot

Being that Im not a huge Thor fan I always thought Loki would be interesting, But I couldn't think of how he would play besides using illusions I guess?

Tizoc

Hopefully Hulk won't look derpy in this game.
I know they were trying to make it resemble his 2D sprite but dear lord did the end result look stupid.

J-Tier

Being that Im not a huge Thor fan I always thought Loki would be interesting, But I couldn't think of how he would play besides using illusions I guess?
Loki has been playable in several video games between then and now, so there's stuff they could take reference from. Plus, he'll most likely be wielding a spear or scepter, so that alone would already give him unique normals. As for illusions...you can literally make anything from illusions. Body doubles, animal transformations, transforming his weapon into different weapons, teleportation, size change, force fields, reality warping, and much more. Also, he could probably hypnotize the opponent too (think the forced walk abilities from either Zatana or Quan Chi from Injustice and MKX respectively).

Neoxon

translated by fubarduck
https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/811451201552347136

Think these have a shot in MVCI?

later confirmed as THE HOOD, Parker Robbins, not BB Hood
Confirmed as Captain Marvel in MVCI
Does this hurt Jennifer's chances?

the vision comment makes me wonder if Capcom has problems implementing a phasing character into the games....because I remember Kitty Pryde was considered at one point in MVC3 but they couldn't get her phasing to work right or something? (I have no source on this, but its what I remember)

Hopefully, Niitsuma will tweet about the ideas for the unincluded Capcom side of the roster as well
Well Mystique sure as hell doesn't have a shot (for the base roster). Though I do legit see Loki & Vision getting in (the former being a safer bet). Kingpin is possible given that he's one of the MCU's best villains so far.

Loki would probably have a spear or scepter so that would give him unique normals for the series. It's sort of weird to even think illusions couldn't be used, since Psylocke basically had them, so he could probably use those. Top that off with some offense based magic (ice themed would be best I think) an maybe artifacts in his supers like using the Casket of Ancient Winters, or summoning the Destroyer armor, and you have a solid moveset.

Kingpin is one that I really wonder how that could have worked. His cane would have been interesting, especially if they gave it the laser beams, stun gas, and other things like in the comics. He could also have his goons assist him I guess. What do you think? How would Fisk have played?

J-Tier

Kingpin is one that I really wonder how that could have worked. His cane would have been interesting, especially if they gave it the laser beams, stun gas, and other things like in the comics. He could also have his goons assist him I guess. What do you think? How would Fisk have played?
I think he'd be cool as a sumo wrestler with summons for his special attacks, summoning--as you said--goons, corrupt cops, Turk, and maybe a few street-level D tier villains.

Niitsuma made the right decisions and I like that they were primarily from a gameplay perspective.
Agreed, especially with who he and his team decided to put in instead.

😩😩👌

Hopefully we get news next month. I'm itching to know more about the game

Same. I loved that Marvel 3 had monthly character reveals and I hope this game follows a similar pattern. Maybe we'll see some new characters during the Switch Presentation next month?

The Marvel version of E. Honda with a few weapons.

Cane pokes=Honda Hands?

He'd definitely have to have a bearhug grab

2010091461806932600011330.jpg

When it comes to mob/gang characters
I think Hammerhead could possibly be an interesting choice. A lot of headbutting and ramming coupled with tommy guns

Or maybe tombstone.

Madame Masque could work, but she'd be most likely a bland gun user.

J-Tier

When it comes to mob/gang characters
I think Hammerhead could possibly be an interesting choice. A lot of headbutting and ramming coupled with tommy guns

Or maybe tombstone.

Madame Masque could work, but she'd be most likely a bland gun user.
Hammerhead could be neat, but he has no chance lol.

I'd prefer Black Widow over Madame Masque to be honest.

Neoxon

Same. I loved that Marvel 3 had monthly character reveals and I hope this game follows a similar pattern. Maybe we'll see some new characters during the Switch Presentation next month?
On the off chance that this game gets a Switch port (which, in light of Eurogamer's Switch performance article, I doubt).

Bullseye would probably be a very creative character, since he uses anything as a deadly weapon. I wonder if Capcom would do anything unique with that.

How about Stick playable?

Remember when Niitsuma stated they excluded Ghost Rider from Vanilla MVC3 because they "couldn't fit in his bike"?

And then how a few months later they put him in Ultimate anyway?

J-Tier

What is it with you bringing up really minor left-field character choices that have no shot? :p

Stick has absolutely no chance. There's like... 5 or 6 Daredevil-related characters that'd be getting in before Stick and Foggy Nelson is one of em.
Even then, there's a chance that Daredevil himself may not make the cut. So his cast of characters are even more unlikely.

J-Tier

I'm half convinced they're going to eschew the usual rule of one Mega Man character per franchise and go with an all X cast.

So I'm guessing X, Zero and Sigma.
I'm going to miss Tron if she gets cut.

However, I don't want the Capcom side to be too Mega Man heavy either.

What is it with you bringing up really minor left-field character choices that have no shot? :p

Stick has absolutely no chance. There's like... 5 or 6 Daredevil-related characters that'd be getting in before Stick and Foggy Nelson is one of em.

*shrugs* Why not? Its really just to make discussion.
I'd take Stilt Man over stick, to be honest.

Even then, there's a chance that Daredevil himself may not make the cut. So his cast of characters are even more unlikely.

Exactly. Even if Daredevil and Elektra make it in, that's probably all we'll see out of his sphere of characters and the Hand as well.

junpei

I'm going to miss Tron if she gets cut.

However, I don't want the Capcom side to be too Mega Man heavy either.

Last game we got 3 DMC reps so I would say that 3 is the limit .
I am torn on wither it is a good idea to even keep tron . I am a legends fan and I would rather that Capcom not reference it if they aren't going make any megaman legends games . Her playstyle on the other hand is fine and they have been instance where being apart o a fighting game roster has boosted interest in certain IPs. I would rather see zero from the megman zero games than tron again .

Its so hard to predict this games roster since this game is almost assuredly going to start with a smaller roster then base mvc3 and as we saw in base mvc3 and even umvc3 "obvious" characters like mega man aren't guaranteed.

I say that because if we include 3 dmc and 3 re and 4 sf reps like the umvc3 that eats up likely more than half of capcoms roster of characters.

What is your opinion on destructible stages in some capacity? Should MVCI have it? Should MVCI have things like street fighter v or injustice (I don't want this personally)? Or maybe something like E. Honda's bathhouse in MVC1 where the stage opens up when you send someone through the wall or something?

Neoxon

What is your opinion on destructible stages in some capacity? Should MVCI have it? Should MVCI have things like street fighter v or injustice (I don't want this personally)? Or maybe something like E. Honda's bathhouse where the stage opens up when you send someone through the wall or something?
I'd prefer the SFV way, since it doesn't impact the actual gameplay.

Sigmaah

I'm half convinced they're going to eschew the usual rule of one Mega Man character per franchise and go with an all X cast.

So I'm guessing X, Zero and Sigma.

I can only dream my teams would be

X/Zero
X/Sigma
Zero/Sigma

GIVE IT TO ME CAPCOM!

Sesha

What is your opinion on destructible stages in some capacity? Should MVCI have it? Should MVCI have things like street fighter v or injustice (I don't want this personally)? Or maybe something like E. Honda's bathhouse in MVC1 where the stage opens up when you send someone through the wall or something?

I love destructible and dynamic stages in general. For MvC:I, I don't want Injustice-style dynamic stages, but I would love breakable floors and walls.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Its so hard to predict this games roster since this game is almost assuredly going to start with a smaller roster then base mvc3 and as we saw in base mvc3 and even umvc3 "obvious" characters like mega man aren't guaranteed.

I say that because if we include 3 dmc and 3 re and 4 sf reps like the umvc3 that eats up likely more than half of capcoms roster of characters.

The fact that they are reusing assets makes it likely it will have a bigger roster than vanilla mvc3 not smaller.

Anyone think Capcom would acknowledge William Grey (Dark Void guy?) again by putting him in? My friend brought him up, actually.

I wonder if there are any games that Capcom would NOT want to include in anything ever again...

Deep Down?

Top Bottom