• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

paolo11

Foh with that shit. Expecting 40 chars in a reskinned game isn't crazy. If SNK can come back from the dead and make a PS2 looking game with 50 characters with new assets, Capcom can make an iOS looking game with 40 reused+new characters easy. That's the old Capcom though.

The new Capcom goes too hard on dlc character sales and waifu skins. Unfortunately with only 4 waifus now, Chun Lis going to get a Dead or Alive level dlc costume catalog

I'm down with the Chun DOA DLC hehe

But seriously, new Capcom is milking that DLC hard. I miss old Capcom

Neonep

If there's one remaining female character it will come from the Marvel side and it will probably be Black Widow's boring ass.

Order

Just saw no Black Panther in the base game.

I bought Street Fighter V at launch and I don't regret it. But this, nah, I'll wait until the roster is worth a damn.

Dahbomb

I'd hope it's gamora. She'd be a more interesting female character for Marvel side.
Man how would she be interesting? She's just a character with swords, maybe jet boots. Not that interesting of a moveset. Probably more interesting than Black Widow but that's about it.

Vanish

Maybe Ryce/Saikyo got confused and 28 is just the starting roster with the rest being unlockables, making a total roster in the base game of around 40?
:(

Jawmuncher

Man how would she be interesting? She's just a character with swords, maybe jet boots. Not that interesting of a moveset. Probably more interesting than Black Widow but that's about it.

I mean if it's Black Widow vs Gamora then yeah. Black widow seems like she'd be RE5 Jill-sequel

Us Marvel fans haven't gotten good news since the game was unveiled.

Since then? Nothing but speculation and disappointments.

Ain't like the capcom side has been much better unless you're a mega man fan.

mreddie

VSe7Hrx.gif

Marvel's DLC will be BP, Kamala and fucking Shuma.

This game will be a cut and paste job.

McNum

Was it worth it, Mega Man fans

was it worth it
We got X. He's already at the top of the list of characters I'd like to try of the revealed ones. Maybe pair him up with Captain America or Morrigan.

So yes, totally wroth it. X was worth it. I'm buying the season pass to get Command Mission X, too. And Sigma. Still worth it.

Neonep

Explain to me how MVC3 vanilla had 36 (38 if you count Shuma & Jill) at launch and all the characters were built from scratch while MVC:I has 28 at launch and they are reusing assets from MVC3? Tells you that the budget was limited and/or was a rush job just like SFV. In all honesty if this game is looking the way we think it's looking, they should delay it until February. A few extra months could probably do wonders.

mreddie

Explain to me how MVC3 vanilla had 36 (38 if you count Shuma & Jill) at launch and all the characters were built from scratch while MVC:I has 28 at launch and they are reusing assets from MVC3? Tells you that the budget was limited and/or was a rush job just like SFV. In all honesty if this game is looking the way we think it's looking, they should delay it until February. A few extra months could probably do wonders.

This is the Capcom who wants 11 million sales for RE7.

JazzmanZ

They can't just delay it when they already announced a 2017 season pass and have Marvel book variants in August

SaikyoBro

I see where the people who want a delay are coming from but yeah it's probably not realistic. Look at it this way, at least everyone will have their hands on the game in just 3 more months or so and we have 2 new characters a month to look forward to for the rest of the year.

Wow this explosion of posts must mean new info got leaked, let's see what-
rsO8QsR.gif

For real tho I fully expected a really safe and conservative roster going by the nature of everything else revealed so far, but zoinks @no black panther and only 4 female characters. That's just straight up embarrassing. Looks like I'm gonna end up waiting for the ultimate version after all. (_'~')_

I see where the people who want a delay are coming from but yeah it's probably not realistic. Look at it this way, at least everyone will have their hands on the game in just 3 more months or so and we have 2 new characters a month to look forward to for the rest of the year.

I can understand this way of looking at it.

But don't you think releasing the game like this could really hurt sales?

We all want to play the game, no doubt about it.

But above all else, I think we all want to game to have the best possible chance of succeeding in the long-term. Overall, I know Capcom won't delay the game. They said they've learned from SFV, but I find it hard to believe.

D:

The Future Fight stuff gives me hope for future DLC around X-Men characters. Bummer. I can't pretend like I'm not going to buy it now. Capcom can keep doing this because of the suckers like me who will buy in anyway.

I hate myself.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Great to see people are veeeeeeeeeery slowly but surely realizing that what's going on in the comics has pretty much zero bearing on what characters get in on or not, and are more coincidences than anything.

Learned some new details over the weekend. I'm going to try to keep it vague and not confirm any characters specifically to avoid ending up on Eventhubs or whatever.

- 28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
- No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
- Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
- I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.

There's definitely some cool surprises left but I get the impression most people are going to be disappointed.
Just want to clarify the bolded, there are 14 characters left to be revealed, but the tenth returning MvC3 character would mean there are 29 characters. Or did you mean the returning MvC2 character is only DLC?

SaikyoBro

Oh yeah, I don't think this is realistic either but knowing that 30 characters are getting cut and a number of franchises are being left unrepresented it would be nice to have DLC characters coming out rapidly and consistently (unlike SFV which is finally getting the next DLC char over 3 months after the last one...).

Imagine if the 2 characters a month thing went on all year? 24 is probably way past wishful thinking, but 12-16 would be a really nice number for 2018. MvC used to be known for huge and diverse rosters, I can accept a barebones launch but I'd be really upset if by the end of next year we're barely to 40 characters.

Top Bottom