• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

I know this isn’t going to happen, but it would be very nice.

World of Capcom panel (today at 5:00 ET) - urban story trailer with recent reveals & Venom
Monster Hunter panel (today at 6:00 ET) - Hunter reveal
Gamescom (August 22) - underworld story trailer with Jedah, Firebrand, Ghost Rider & Dormammu

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Put me in #TeamAntManShelved

I know this isn't going to happen, but it would be very nice.

World of Capcom panel (today at 5:00 ET) - urban story trailer with recent reveals & Venom
Gamescom (August 22) - underworld story trailer with Jedah, Firebrand, Ghost Rider & Dormammu

I wonder if they have a plan to announce contents twice next month which would actually explains about story mode 3 not being available for public to view. We got some snips of Chris, Spider-Man, Haggar, Frank West and Hunter's World from Capcom's story panel so it got my spider-sense tingling like crazy.

It's plausible we could get Monster Hunter and Venom in early August and rest of characters at end of August to keep the hype and pace steady with the reveals. They probably going to show modes, etc in early September.

They said they had some "crazy" reveals to come, right? Not sure any of the remaining characters we know about could be considered crazy, except maybe Hunter. What do you all think they were referring to?

If the Hunter makes it in, I sort of hope it's the Guild Marm deciding to suit up, so they can use an established character, since hunters are create-a-characters. They can also display how much of a weirdo she is.

Did they announce when the comics will be released ? August or September?

Which comics? The tie-in is a gamestop preorder exclusive

The variants should be released when the comic releases in August

All New GOTG-August 02
Amazing Spider-man-August 09
Avengers-August 02
Black Panther-August 23
Champions-August 02
Defenders-August 09
Doctor Strange-August 23
Gen Hulk/Hulk-August 02
Gen Thor/Thor-August 23
Hawkeye-August 02
I am groot-August 23
Iron Man-August 16
Captain Marvel-August 30
Mighty Thor-August 16
Rocket-August 09
Secret Empire-August 09
Spider-man-August 02
Spider-man/Deadpool-August 02
Thanos-August 30
Venom-August 09

patchday

Ah so you want to wait on the trailer I see.... It's unfortunate casual gafs that browse the thread will see the small roster lol but guiess our jobs isn't marketing for Capcom LOL

But wait- not every hero will be in the Story mode surely? So I dont think we can count on that

Neoxon

Here's some more character renders.

Qy0U8su.jpg
uhmsCqd.jpg
I8fey21.jpg
lr7pYoy.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ah so you want to wait on the trailer I see.... It's unfortunate casual gafs that browse the thread will see the small roster lol but guiess our jobs isn't marketing for Capcom LOL

Casual fans sometime check discussion threads from what I see. Despite I have shitload of information on first two posts, and yet some people still ask same questions in new threads (with new information,etc)

Their answers would be answered in heartbeat if they actually check leak or rumor sections, etc.

I suppose you might be right about that. I will see what I can do but I will wait until monday to decide.

Jawmuncher

Jedah had to be a last minute thing to try and turn around some of the more hardcore FGC negativity
(Talking the "this game sucks crowd")

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Put this together after the Zip leak info and the latest SDCC roster. Unless I'm missing something critical, I'm fairly sure we have the roster outside of one final Capcom character. Bottom row is DLC.

mvci-roster---p5kux.png

No way is "Hunter" DLC, they're not gonna have only 5 new characters in the roster, imbalanced between Marvel and Capcom.

I stand by this list 100%:
WaCgGj1.png

Jedah had to be a last minute thing to try and turn around some of the more hardcore FGC negativity
(Talking the "this game sucks crowd")

I don't think so. It's not the first time they've show off a character but not acknowledged them until later. The marketing for this is all over the place.

so what do we have today to look forward to get disappointed by?

Marvel Games
World of Capcom
Monster Hunter panel?

Lego Marvel 2 is teasing something even today so who knows, we might get a story trailer with what was shown yesterday

Ryce

Don't tell me that's why Phoenix Wright didn't return :(
That's probably why, honestly. A non-combative lawyer who sneezes and throws paper has absolutely no place in a big world-threatening story, and he's not at Ryu or Chun-Li's level where he'd be shoehorned in regardless of the plot. There's always DLC, though.

vg260

Jesus it's like these renders were made with pre-pre-alpha assets.

Spidey looks like a completely different character in-game and in that render.

What do you mean? I do not see any problems with these renders.

The only thing that stands out to me is that the colors seem a lot more vibrant in the renders than in the actual game.

Also I'm using Speech-to-Text to post this on my phone and it automatically typed the word renders as Avengers which is pretty apt.

That's probably why, honestly. A non-combative lawyer who sneezes and throws paper has absolutely no place in a big world-threatening story, and he's not at Ryu or Chun-Li's level where he'd be shoehorned in regardless of the plot. There's always DLC, though.

Doesn't explain why wesker or amaterasu got cut, or how modok is story relevant but not playable.

kirblar

I'm not sure MODOK would translate well to a way less vertical game- his flight mobility was huge.to his playstyle and putting him in as an NPC is a nice way to use him without trying to make him work in a game closer to SFxT/MvC1.

kirblar

Of the UMvC3 cast, MODOK and Phoenix are the only two that seem like they'd be an issue. MODOK because the gameplan doesn't really translate, and Phoenix because the Soul Stone took her gimmick.

No way is "Hunter" DLC, they're not gonna have only 5 new characters in the roster, imbalanced between Marvel and Capcom.

WaCgGj1.png

I don't think so. It's not the first time they've show off a character but not acknowledged them until later. The marketing for this is all over the place.

Bro, we get it. You don't have to keep pasting that list so many times.

I know this isn’t going to happen, but it would be very nice.

World of Capcom would be nice a 3sO port but heh I'm a fool.

Grakl

spiderman has me hyped, plus new stone. I just want to zone forever with level 1 shit or something

WaCgGj1.png

hey I was wondering who you think would be in the roster, and I prefer that you present it to me in Excel instead of google docs, please let me know at your earliest convenience

Coda

Man, he look like he just woke up on wrong side of bed and want to rip someone apart. He's going to take on serious businesses with his trusty pipes and drums. I'm totally hyped for him and Frank West.

Haha yup, he looks like he's fed up now and ready to suplex anyone in his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom