• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you guys feel if this was the Season 1 DLC?

lE21ZWT.png

Great because it would save me money.

Also, LOL @ no females.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Jesus it's like these renders were made with pre-pre-alpha assets.

Spidey looks like a completely different character in-game and in that render.

Nah, the renders are just rendered out in super unflattering lighting conditions. Which is probably done to ensure maximum readability, but it's a problem 'cause most everyone looks like trash.

Bro, we get it. You don't have to keep pasting that list so many times.
Funny you say that, that's the first time I post that version. :)

hey I was wondering who you think would be in the roster, and I prefer that you present it to me in Excel instead of google docs, please let me know at your earliest convenience

I'll have it done by the end of the week, babe~

That's probably why, honestly. A non-combative lawyer who sneezes and throws paper has absolutely no place in a big world-threatening story, and he's not at Ryu or Chun-Li's level where he'd be shoehorned in regardless of the plot. There's always DLC, though.
That would really suck :( Just make it so that Morrigan imbues the Magatama with magic ala PxZ or have him fight Frank or something. Some characters in IJ2 only appeared in 1 fight during story mode so it wouldn't be strange or anything.
Wesker not being in the story makes no sense at all.
That too...

Jawmuncher

AWKTHfw.jpg

Never forget.
I got the CEs just so I'd get a better cover lol.
Though at least this was an attempt. Looks better than the reversible UMVC3 cover art. Like I know it was an American artist. But you can tell he had trouble working on the Japanese styles

Ryce

Are we certain that this cover art is final?
I noticed that the cover has 7 Marvel heroes (5 old, 2 new) on the left and 7 Capcom heroes (6 old, 1 new) on the right. If Spider-Man and Monster Hunter were added there'd be a clean split of 6 returning characters and 2 newcomers per side. Maybe they're waiting to reveal Monster Hunter before showing the final cover? I don't know. I just can't believe that Spider-Man would be left off. He's been Marvel's mascot since the '60s and is pretty big in Japan -- not to mention he just had a movie come out. All of the other MCU title heroes are on the cover.

He wasn't on the original UMvC3 cover, either.
Yeah, but that was an updated re-release that mainly focused on the new characters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Marvel Gaming is showing off MvCI in 40 minutes, BTW.

Also, for reference, MvC3 had 9 new Capcom characters (more if you don't count TvC) and 7 new Marvel ones. Irregularities aren't going to be a first and I don't think it's a safe assumption that there is a hard and fast rule for quotas of any kind.

Dahbomb

Lady movelist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCtlwotpCCs

Lady swag video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjoETB2LUF0

*Bayonet Sting aka Lady's version of Da Helm Breaker.

*Scatter grenades is a defensive zoning tool where she jumps backs and tosses a volley of grenades.

*Bunch of melee attacks including a spinning and impaling attack with the Bayonet so she can have far reaching normals although slower than normal.

*Got regular gun shots, Hollow Point (LVL1) with some knockback, got Napalm Shot (LVL2) which sticks the opponent with a fire explosive and Explosive shot (LVL3) which is like Napalm shot only after the initial Napalm shot there is another bigger explosion after a delay that launches the enemy up. These are similar to Nero's Blue Rose shots but Lady has a different charging mechanic than Nero.

*Two Hands aka Two Some Time, can use her guns to launch enemies while also firing in different directions at once. Trigger happy is a faster, more powerful version of just rapidly firing with the pistols.

*Got charged shot for Shotgun that basically powers up the number of charged shots you have.

*Has Fireworks like move only more powerful than Dante's version.

*Rush Hour + Ground Zero. Shotgun Stinger and then a powerful block back that moves her back after moving her forward.

*Can charge her rockets from Kalina Ann for bigger explosions.

*Hysterics from DMC3, volley of missiles only her version is much more powerful than Dante's.

*Multiple Lock on, it's a much more targetted Hysteric where she actually points the rocket launcher towards them and acquires the targets. Kinda like Dante's Mutilock but much more powerful and wide spread.

*Wire Shots are her version of Nero's grapple only they work differently. If you Wire Shot someone who is grounded, she will launch them in the air. If they are already in the air, she will bring them crashing down with a small bounce. Can also use Grapple to get to targets or move around the terrain.

*Double jump aka rocket jump.

*She doesn't have Devil Trigger so with her gauge she launches a volley of big explosives all around her for massive damage. This is probably going to be her "hyper" move in a fighting game.

Negaduck

I can't wait to see monster hunter. Weapon stances? Will he have an install super? (sharpen your weapon? Eat some food?)

He's a character I can't wait to see.

joe2187

Banned
Easy way to bring up the female roster, just import she hulk and felicia from umvc3.

Also you can add akuma to the eventual dlc roster, since...when has akuma ever been absent in a vs game?

JAXXX

scheduled today...
panels-

Saturday July 22, 2:00-3:00pm Room 25ABC – World of Capcom
Moderator Tim Turi hosts a panel filled with Capcom team members to present the company's latest and greatest video games. Capcom has been creating popular games for over three decades, and this panel is the place for fans of all ages to check out the new games they can look forward to. Be sure to pay close attention to every exciting detail – the panel concludes with a fun trivia quiz for an array of awesome Capcom prizes.

Saturday July 22, 3:00-4:00pm Room 25ABC – Monster Hunter
Get a behind-the-scenes look at Capcom's newest action RPG game, Monster Hunter: World! Fresh off the announcement at E3 2017, this panel features the latest and greatest directly from the Capcom staff and development team members. This new entry in the popular Monster Hunter series is coming globally to PS4 and Xbox One in early 2018 with a PC release to follow.

signings...
SATURDAY, July 22

11:00am-12:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World
Ryozo Tsujimoto, Producer
Kaname Fujioka, Executive & Art Director

11:00am-12:00pm NSURGO booth #4529 – Street Fighter
Yoshinori Ono, Executive Producer

1:00-2:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Jeffrey “Chamba” Cruz, Artist, UDON Entertainment

2:00-3:00pm UDON booth #4529 – Street Fighter

4:00-5:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter

5:30-6:30pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World
Ryozo Tsujimoto, Producer
Kaname Fujioka, Executive & Art Director

Dahbomb

I want Monster Hunter to have a stamina bar and he keels over if he dashes around too much or attacks too much.

If you attack too much his weapon becomes dull so you have to sharpen it otherwise it does no damage.

Gotta make it authentic to the MH experience like they did with Arthur.

Street fighter / DS characters for me. Luckily I find most of the English dub for marvel 3 to be good so I'll be fine.

Yeah, I honestly enjoyed the ENG voices for MVC3. They just sound so dull now. Listening to Chris in MVC3 ("Suck it!! Open fire!! Eat Lead!! It's all or nothing!") and MVCI ("Reload. Reload. Reload.") is like night and day.

Easy way to bring up the female roster, just import she hulk and felicia from umvc3.

Also you can add akuma to the eventual dlc roster, since...when has akuma ever been absent in a vs game?

Akuma was absent in MVC1 (though they gave Ryu his moves through a transformation) and TVC.

I always imagined Zero's Japanese voice would sound girly for some reason. I guess it's because of the pretty boy look. When I first heard him talk in TVC, I was pleasantly surprised. His Japanese voice is one of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom