• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
"Hsien" is not the most intuitive word to pronounce for some English speakers.

edit: or Spanish, as shown below.
I guess?

It's counter intuitive because of how's it written, Spanish is my native tongue "Hsien-ko" as written would be more likely to be pronounced "C-N-KOH", even tho it's for some reason pronounced "Shen-Koh".

Lei Lei is pronounced straight up as it is written.

Spanish is also my native tongue! wouldn't it be pronounced "Cien Ko", given that the H is mostly silent? Which is pretty close IMO.

assumption, and the fact that even SF5, which semi-bombed, got at least 2 seasons worth of DLC so far

They've said many a time that they have planned to support SFV till 2020.

So SFV getting 2 seasons worth of DLC is not a big deal since it was gonna happen anyway even if the game sold 2 copies, one to Ono and one to his eight year old cousin.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Makes me wonder; if this game does not do well (they intend for it to ship 2 million copies, which I think is within the realm of possibilities, but still), would we get more than the two "seasons" of DLC?

Do y'all think they'd keep supporting it like Street Fighter V?

Depends on how bad it would do, I guess. Marvel might be getting other things out of this besides just the game selling well. Disney might want to try and get a hold into the FGC/ESports market through this or something.

I guess it also depends on how they wrote the contract. If the contract was for multiple seasons then I guess we'd get as many as were in the contract

I can see it getting long-term support regardless if it meets the 2 million projection or not. Only to a certain extent, though. Now if the sales ended up being really terrible, I could see the DLC plans not going past 2018.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DF2hmmmWAAEUMDg.jpg

Pre-historic Phoenix in the Pre-historic Avengers

Anth0ny

Like Frank West, Dark Phoenix will be activated in this game if you die with 4 bars OR you can activate it whenever you want as a level 3.

SaikyoBro

Yeah that's what's weird to me.

Is Venom... not in the game? Oh lawd, not to read too much into this (which is exactly what I'm gonna do) but what if he IS considered one of the "all new" DLC characters?

That would be pretty disappointing on the surface but eh, we'd have him by the end of the year anyway.

Kouichi

That Venom cover is a disappointment in every conceivable way. I guess they didn't want to spoil him? He better be in!

I know the Miles comic is probably not a reveal towards anything, but I do really want him to be in this game. I'd be so happy if he was one of the first 6 DLC characters.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
there's the Firebrand confirmation and... err... thats it?

And Panther but we know he's DLC.

Well if Venom turns out to be DLC, maybe they wouldn't let him be on a cover. We still haven't seen Sigma and BP on covers, and they're important to the story but are also DLC. That being said, I think it would really be weird if BP doesn't have BP on it, considering he's known well beforehand.

Also, oh man that Zero on the Thor cover. LIke some weird cross of X series and MMZ series Zeros.

Edit: The Firebrand confirmation also came with a Dormammu confirmation.

Double Edit: Oh wait, BP is on the Spider-Man cover...and so is Miles.

Well if Venom turns out to be DLC, maybe they wouldn't let him be on a cover. We still haven't seen Sigma and BP on covers, and they're important to the story but are also DLC. That being said, I think it would really be weird if BP doesn't have BP on it, considering he's known well beforehand.

Also, oh man that Zero on the Thor cover. LIke some weird cross of X series and MMZ series Zeros.

Edit: The Firebrand confirmation also came with a Dormammu confirmation.

We have though. Avengers has Sigma vs Ultron and Panther was seen in the background of one of the covers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just weird that they'd show Firebrand and Dormammu but not Venom.

I'm guessing NPC?

I was already confused with the state of the zip leak but now I'm even more confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom