• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neonep

Well if Venom turns out to be DLC, maybe they wouldn't let him be on a cover. We still haven't seen Sigma and BP on covers, and they're important to the story but are also DLC. That being said, I think it would really be weird if BP doesn't have BP on it, considering he's known well beforehand.

Also, oh man that Zero on the Thor cover. LIke some weird cross of X series and MMZ series Zeros.

Edit: The Firebrand confirmation also came with a Dormammu confirmation.
Wrong....
STL054049

Neoxon

The only other explanation I can think of is that they left out most characters who wouldn't be revealed by now. But then Dormammu & Firebrand got leaked via variant covers.

Neonep

The only other explanation I can think of is that they left out most characters who wouldn't be revealed by now. But then Dormammu & Firebrand got leaked via variant covers.

Maybe that particular cover leaking was a mistake. That's why it isn't up right now.

Kouichi

Yeah he should still be on the cover even if he's DLC. The ZIP leak seems to imply a huge role in the story so I doubt he's just a NPC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe that particular cover leaking was a mistake. That's why it isn't up right now.
Maybe these covers aren't the word of god on these things, as many of the characters aren't on a cover at all.

The cover thing has always seemed unreliable to me. Not that I don't think it's possible Venom is S1 or an NPC, because I think assuming all-new meant never-before-in-an-MvC-game was also not the way to go.

I mean "all-new" is pretty exclusively used in branding for refreshed/revamped old products lol

Neonep

Maybe these covers aren't the word of god on these things, as many of the characters aren't on a cover at all.

The cover thing has always seemed unreliable to me. Not that I don't think it's possible Venom is S1 or an NPC, because I think assuming all-new meant never-before-in-an-MvC-game was also not the way to go.

What confirmed character wasn't on a cover?

Ryce

I'm starting to get scared that what I heard about Venom being DLC is correct. It's hard to imagine that the base roster might be even worse than we thought it would be.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if the only yet-to-be-revealed characters are Jedah ("officially"), Firebrand, Dormammu, and Ghost Rider, with Hunter also being DLC (explaining why he wasn't in the Valkanda trailer).

Jawmuncher

I'm starting to get scared that what I heard about Venom being DLC is correct. It's hard to imagine that the base roster might be even worse than we thought it would be.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if the only yet-to-be-revealed characters are Jedah ("officially"), Firebrand, Dormammu, and Ghost Rider, with Hunter also being DLC (explaining why he wasn't in the Valkanda trailer).

Venom and Hunter are the only thing saving this roster. I'll wait for a complete game if Venom and Hunter are DLC

Neoxon

The Capcom side only has 2 newcomers while the Marvel side has 3. I wouldn't be too worried about Monster Hunter. Plus Venom's a veteran, not a newcomer. Unless he's Season 2, it'd be a bit of a leap in logic to have him in a newcomer-based Season 1.

Neonep

The Capcom side only has 2 newcomers while the Marvel side has 3. I wouldn't be too worried about Monster Hunter. Plus Venom's a veteran, not a newcomer. Unless he's Season 2, it'd be a bit of a leap in logic to have him in a newcomer-based Season 1.

I don't get that whole newcomer/veteran logic. Venom could easily be DLC.

Neoxon

I don't get that whole newcomer/veteran logic. Venom could easily be DLC.
The 2017 Character Pass was advertised to have "all-new" characters, similar to the wording for SFV's 2017 Character Pass ("Akuma & 5 all-new characters").

Hunter as DLC would be such a missing chance , i mean him being in the base roster can surely be useful for MHW marketing.
This, too.

Kouichi

Black Panther is going to appear on two variants! He's already on Miles and should be on his own. I don't know what to think.

I almost want to say the Venom cover is a placeholder or fake out but they have no problem showing Frirebrand so who the hell knows.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Eh, "worse than we thought it would be" is still 2 characters more than we believed for the longest time.

But yeah, I think those 4 are probably what we're going to go with.

I'm okay with Winter Soldier as an NPC but seeing Venom as DLC would be crummy.

There seems to be parity with the number of female reps.
Coincidence or irrelevant at best. If there's anything MvCI has taught us, using made up quotas as metrics isn't the way to go and doesn't help predict much.

Neoxon

If Venom is DLC, we may have to wait until 2018 for him. If that's the case, why was he in the .zip leak? Is Venom an NPC?

JazzmanZ

still better then what we originally believed for a long time before E3 tho

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Pre-historic Phoenix in the Pre-historic Avengers

Man, I wish.

More covers:
LLwTO2p.png

Zero, what did they do to you?!

Also, these covers are a clusterfudge, in every possible way. Not only are the covers mostly bad, but the fact that they reveal characters that haven't been announced without fanfare and at the same time somehow manage to not have the characters the book is about even though they're (probably) gonna be in the main game. I'm like 90% sure that the cover artist for Venom had a Venom themed cover but it didn't get used because they didn't want to spoil that he was in the game.

These are a marketing nightmare. :|

Also, I bet the next time there's an MvCI presser and they reveal Dormammu and Firebrand/Red Arremer they'll act as if they've never been seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom