• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

DGuRF7yVoAAF4LC.jpg

damn it im always late lol
Kinda looks like Bengus' work......I like it.

Neonep

Anybody that thought it was going to be Robbie Reyes instead of Johnny Blaze was foolish. Don't know where that thought even came from.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so Gamescom version (final?) with Firebrand, Dormammu, Jedah, Ghost Rider added...

and Venom / Hunter for some of you endless dreamers out there :3

Anyway updated confirmed:

Captain America
Captain Marvel
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Spider-Man
Ultron
Gamora
Thanos
Doctor Strange
Nova
Rocket Racoon
Dormammu
Ghost Rider

Ryu
Chun Li
Dante
Chris Redfield
Nemesis
Arhur
Spencer
Frank West
Morrigan
Jedah
Haggar
X
Zero
Strider
Firebrand

Black Panther (DLC)
Sigma (DLC)

15 each side, there's our parity...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
remember when Ghost Rider's chain bullshit looked really OP very early on in Ultimate? :(

And Antman.

everyone jumped off the Ant Man train ages ago when he wasnt in the Zip leak

One character trailer that shows Ghost Rider, Dormammu, Jedah, Firebrand, and the final infinity stone. All of which is to be expected.

Plausible, but no character reveals during the last month before release doesn't sound right.

Definitely echoing the hopes for Ghost Rider to be much better this time. I was so hype to switch him into my team in Ultimate, and then he was complete ass.

Rhaknar

Has ever other character gotten a cover so far? If so...this is it.

yes, even DLC characters like Panther and Sigma.

People say that the Venom cover is a placeholder... because denial isnt just a river in egypt :p

Plausible, but no character reveals during the last month before release doesn't sound right.

Definitely echoing the hopes for Ghost Rider to be much better this time. I was so hype to switch him into my team in Ultimate, and then he was complete ass.

what do you mena no characters revealed in the month before release? There's 4 reveals right there. Just because they were leaked doesnt change the fact that they are "reveals"

The game is out in 1 month mate.

NotLiquid

From an optimist's point of view they could be getting veterans out of the way through variant cover reveals so as to not waste too much time on them. They haven't confirmed any newcomer reveal through these covers have they?

I don't think Jedah is going to be the only newcomer left in the base roster.

Neoxon

yes, even DLC characters like Panther and Sigma.

People say that the Venom cover is a placeholder... because denial isnt just a river in egypt :p
I mean, are they just gonna sit on Venom until Season 2? We know he's in the story in some capacity thanks to the .zip leak. What, is he an NPC or something?

From an optimist's point of view they could be getting veterans out of the way through variant cover reveals so as to not waste too much time on them. They haven't confirmed any newcomer reveal through these covers have they?

Venom's a veteran, albeit a veteran we haven't seen in a while.

Ryce

Jedah would have been a comic book reveal if not for the awkward last minute Evo exhibition.

Rhaknar

I mean, are they just gonna sit on Venom until Season 2? We know he's in the story in some capacity thanks to the .zip leak. What, is he an NPC or something?

dude you gotta stop quoting me on this because my anwser will always be the same. He is probably dlc for seson 1 and you are being way too literal with the "all new" thing from the trailer.

Considering that there were a few symbiote npcs in that zip link which implies Venom will play a rather large part in the story, I also think it'd be nuts if he isn't in the base roster.

But of course, this is MvC:I we're talking about, so I'm giving what should be a sure thing 50/50 odds.

Venom V Monster Hunter would have made a cool cover though.

Yeah seems like s1 dlc will be venom, black panther, and winter soldier for marvel side. Kinda weird that the zip leak doesn't have any of the capcom side dlc.

Edit: forgot monster hunter, so him sigma and ???

what do you mena no characters revealed in the month before release? There's 4 reveals right there. Just because they were leaked doesnt change the fact that they are "reveals"

The game is out in 1 month mate.

Gamescom is on the 22nd, the game is out one month later on the 19th. That would be one month without character reveals, when they should be ramping up the amount they are showing.

Ryce

Considering that there were a few symbiote npcs in that zip link which implies Venom will play a rather large part in the story, I also think it'd be nuts if he isn't in the base roster.
Sigma's a DLC character despite there being two Sigma Virus-infected stages, Sigma Virus-infected grunts, and the Ultron Sigma boss.

JayEH

Well they only did one newcomer per trailer in the past. (Aside from reveal) I find it hard to believe they'd announce 3 hype characters in 1 trailer.

If that's Bengus...why is the SF5 art so terrible? That cover is sick.

He was most likely given 5 bucks, a stick of gum, and a week to complete sfv art.

Neoxon

dude you gotta stop quoting me on this because my anwser will always be the same. He is probably dlc for seson 1 and you are being way too literal with the "all new" thing from the trailer.
I thought the exact same thing about SFV Season 2 when they said "brand new" in the Capcom USA marketing, & look how that turned out.

My girlfriend has a trip in Sept to visit family. She told me to pick the dates for her.

They'd better not delay this because I purposefully set her trip around the time of this game's release.

Rhaknar

I thought the exact same thing about SFV Season 2 when they said "brand new" in the Capcom USA marketing, & look how that turned out.

hey im not saying you are 100% wrong, nobody can say that except Capcom employees, I just think what I think.

There are a million ways to loophole out of that statement (wasnt even a statement, just a trailer line). "Venom is new in a 3d game"

"Venom is very different from his 2d character so hes basically new"

"Venom is new compared to the last game which is what we meant by that phrasing"

I hope youre right tho lol.

My girlfriend has a trip in Sept to visit family. She told me to pick the dates for her.

They'd better not delay this because I purposefully set her trip around the time of this game's release.

there is zero chance of a delay this late.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm curious to see how people feel about recent video. It's obvious Marvel and Capcom want to push the product pretty hard so I wonder with one thing. Do it raise any optimistic out of anyone here for future contents? Like next two years of downloadable contents? Or are you still doomsayers?

Neoxon

hey im not saying you are 100% wrong, nobody can say that except Capcom employees, I just think what I think.

There are a million ways to loophole out of that statement (wasnt even a statement, just a trailer line). "Venom is new in a 3d game"

"Venom is very different from his 2d character so hes basically new"

"Venom is new compared to the last game which is what we meant by that phrasing"

I hope youre right tho lol.
The "all new" thing was also mentioned in the press release. I think IntelliHeath has an image of it. But given that they aren't hyping Thanos up as a newcomer (from what I could dig up), it'd be seen as more of a cop-out to do so for Venom.

If the YT comments were anything to go by before it was deleted, people are still pissed, lol.

People are just angry at this game regardless of what they see.

Rhaknar

I'm curious to see how people feel about recent video. It's obvious Marvel and Capcom want to push the product pretty hard so I wonder with one thing. Do it raise any optimistic out of anyone here for future contents? Like next two years of downloadable contents? Or are you still doomsayers?

it didnt change anything for me, its a proposal video. Hell for all we know, it was rejected, and thats why it was leaked, because it was rejected and the leaker is putting it out there so people see what was in the plans and put pressure on Capcom.

JayEH

Many will see capcom doing the same mistake as sfv. Focus on esports instead of the core game.

Neoxon

it didnt change anything for me, its a proposal video. Hell for all we know, it was rejected, and thats why it was leaked, because it was rejected and the leaker is putting it out there so people see what was in the plans and put pressure on Capcom.
It's probably gonna get approved, I wouldn't be too worried. Capcom USA has been pretty solid in how they handled the CPT so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom