• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats the tournament profits, its not game sales profit (or expected).

but what else would one expect from a Gunslinger post in a Capcom thread.
Nah i am a fan but not a blind defender. I have said plenty + & - about sfv and MvCI. Check my post history. Just because I am a fan don't mean I don't criticize dumb things. Capcom has been failing miserably against their competition (financially) the last 7-8 years and they never learn from their mistake.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nah i am a fan but not a blind defender. I have said plenty + & - about sfv and MvCI. Check my post history. Just because I am a fan don't mean I don't criticize dumb things. Capcom has been failing miserably against their competition (financially) the last 7-8 years and they never learn from their mistake.

Oh I know your post history, I remember you well from the SF5 days. The first time I see you here is with a "LOL CAPCOM" post.

But yeah, youre completely fair and balanced. Like Foxnews.

Oh I know your post history, I remember you well from the SF5 days. The first time I see you here is with a "LOL CAPCOM" post.

But yeah, youre completely fair and balanced. Like Foxnews.
Again check my post history lol. And threads I have created. Both + & -.

Dahbomb

This seems worse of a leak than the roster being leaked.

This is the result of Capcom's tone deaf PR strategy with the game. Capcom so hell bent on their controlled PR for the game that people internally are leaking anything they get their hands on. This is something that should never have been leaked mostly because some of it will never be made public knowledge.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hoping Max is making a video about that video, want to hear his thoughts on the whole thing.

Also lol at Justin tweeting that video haha

kirblar

The MvC:I CPT is a marketing expense.

It's not designed to make a lot of money, it's designed to help market and publicize the game. That they're doing it without losing money is impressive.

SF5 has a rage quit penalty.

SF5 is by Capcom.
After how many months?.....

Also relax it was a joke but I still expect to be 50% correct. Why you feel the need to defend Capcom at every little thing. Did you defend the rootkit too?
Company doesn't improve if everyone was like you. If no one criticize then they will keep under delivering like they have in the past 7-8 years.

Dahbomb

None of the stuff in the leak is bad per se. The only suspect thing is 14 online players qualifying for CPT. That's a bit too high IMO.

kirblar

None of the stuff in the leak is bad per se. The only suspect thing is 14 online players qualifying for CPT. That's a bit too high IMO.
I highly doubt this is the structure for 2018, this is a "game launches too late to do it literally any other way" thing.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Dante & Frank vs Hawkeye & Ultron

If nothing else, Hawkeye continues to have best theme in game.

Hawkeye's theme doesn't play in that video... And all Marvel side themes are different.

Huh.. sounds like the music is this game is stage specific not character specific like umvc3?

Edit: never mind just got to the Dante part lol
Sounds good! I hope they didn't mess up Nova's theme it was excellent
Nova's theme is completely different now.

I'm pretty sure we have confirmation that's Hawkeye's theme from a tweet somewhere. Something about "a character who draws/switches weapons fast".

Neoxon

...This is not okay.
It does play for Player 2's primary character. Infinity Storm just overrides it with the IS activator's theme.

Ex: Strider Hiryu is P2's point character, so his theme plays for most of the match. Once P1's Captain Marvel triggers an Infinity Storm, then her theme plays.

Rhaknar

Keits agrees with me when I said "you know that video says its a proposal, it doesnt mean its what happening"

Keits‏ @TheKeits 36m36 minutes ago
More
That video that leaked today is a proposal, guys. It isn't an action plan. It isn't whats happening unless it gets all its needed approvals.

Jawmuncher

Keits agrees with me when I said "you know that video says its a proposal, it doesnt mean its what happening"

More
That video that leaked today is a proposal, guys. It isn't an action plan. It isn't whats happening unless it gets all its needed approvals.

Now they have fan feedback for approval on the se features. Outside the "money should be used to make the game better". Most talk on that pitch is the most positive I've seen on the game

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

More

It was really obvious that it's a proposal video. It's even there in a title so if people missed that then I don't know what to say to that.

Edited:

47fihPf.png

Neoxon

It was really obvious that it's a proposal video. It's even there in a title so if people missed that then I don't know what to say to that.
Like Jawmuncher said, now they have fan feedback to reference. And it honestly sounds like a solid plan.

So I guess we can expect the prize pool to be $1.2 million for the entire CPT next year.

Neonep

I like the cover itself but shit man.... I want to see some type of surprise. They talked about having much more to show and they have barely announced shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom