• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall, Thanos seems fine. I just don't like his supers. All of them seem rather...underwhelming compared to what he had in MSH/MVC2. His air super is...what even is that? The beam super is okay. His Lvl3 is terrible.

Perhaps right when Thor: Ragnarok comes out we could get a MvC:I DLC announcement for Loki?

Was honestly kinda surprised with the new Thor coming that Loki wasn't in the leaked files already.

Mugy

I don't think you guys are getting it. I'm not saying that Gamora its gonna be a bad character. But i do think most of you know exactly what i'm trying to say. This game doesn't feel too marvel-y. I don't know how to explain it

I just dont feel the hype. If anyone ever tells you guys that a roster of characters doesn't make a game, show them MVC:I and see what they think afterwards

Perhaps right when Thor: Ragnarok comes out we could get a MvC:I DLC announcement for Loki?

Was honestly kinda surprised with the new Thor coming that Loki wasn't in the leaked files already.

We were all surprised. Most of us assumed Loki was a lock.

I don't think you guys are getting it. I'm not saying that Gamora its gonna be a bad character. But i do think most of you know exactly what i'm trying to say. This game doesn't feel too marvel-y. I don't know how to explain it

I just dont feel the hype. If anyone ever tells you guys that a roster of characters doesn't make a game, show them MVC:I and see what they think afterwards

I get it. The game seems underwhelming as a product. I personally think the battle system looks fun, but the excitement just isn't there. It's more of a, "I'll just play it and see what happens" type of feeling.

Whether or not a roster makes a game is dependent on the person, and how far. It's not really a zero sum thing. Some of my friends don't give a shit because they like how the characters are and the new systems, and some aren't touching this shit. Some, like me, are saddened by the lacking roster, but still like the gameplay. In that form, it's still as Marvel;as ever. And some oddly enough don't mind the roster but don't like the gameplay changes.

JayEH

I get what you mean. Not much love feels put in the game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I do get what you meant but what you don't get is that people have their own preferences. If people like the roster and gameplay and think that it's marvel-y then let them be.

I have several issues with the roster but I figure that they probably solve my issues with the roster with future updates. Black Panther should have been on base roster but it was bizarre that they think it's a good idea to make him part of Character Pass 2017. But I really like gameplay and I felt that it's potentially MARVEL-Y to me but I would rather to have full version on my hand before I make the final decision on this matters.

Mugy

Im not saying that the mechanics are gonna be bad either. In fact, the gem-system its actually really interesting. And even overall graphics don't bother me too much know.

I just don't feel this game. I don't know. Capcom has done almost nothing to make me feel hype in the line like: "Yeah, this thing is bad...but this one its better than the previous game"

I don't feel that with this game. Almost not unique characters neither. And for me thats what its all about of this series: crazy characters doing crazy things.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Loki as DLC... can we get female Loki outfit to go along with it? Quite the fake way to add to the low female count, haha. Thor could use a strongly iconic villain, and he's very much a recognizable part of modern Marvel CineU. Quips with all the Avengers drawing from the movies would be fun.

My classic Comic fandom would love to see The Mandarin make it into the game, especially alongside the craziness of the infinity gems. All those rings to draw moveset ideas from, along with his martial arts and scientific abilities, would let them design him to do basically anything. He could take a Doom-like spot pretty nicely.

I still think Spencer makes more sense in this universe as a Capcom Classic Rep, than Arthur. He totally looks like something from modern gaming's military fascination, mixed with tech that could have stepped out of Wolfenstien or something. He also doesn't call for that many special effects, crazy animations, partner characters, elemental stuff, or even items and sounds that are relevant to his lore. He's probably one of the easiest characters for Capcom to implement this side of Ryu.

They probably could have replicated his move set with 10s of other characters, though.

The only modern Capcom series that has no rep, that could probably fit in to a "realistic" looking Marvel game like this.. is the cast of Lost Planet 1 and 2. And outside of that one Japanese offshoot that no one remembers anymore, they don't really have specific characters with unique likenesses to use. Would anything from 3 even make sense? *shrug*

Hopefully the complete game will change things. I'd be lying if I said I was excited, but I want to be. I think it comes down to the uninspired roster, the lack of communication from Capcom, and just the overall vibe of what this game is supposed to be. It's just been terrible.

Jawmuncher

Im not saying that the mechanics are gonna be bad either. In fact, the gem-system its actually really interesting. And even overall graphics don't bother me too much know.

I just don't feel this game. I don't know. Capcom has done almost nothing to make me feel hype in the line like: "Yeah, this thing is bad...but this one its better than the previous game"

I don't feel that with this game. Almost not unique characters neither. And for me thats what its all about of this series: crazy characters doing crazy things.

I can agree with this. I'm trying my best here to give it every chance possible and even still have it preordered currently. But it just hasn't hit that point yet where I can say i'm 100% in.
Which is a total 180 from MVC3 where the reveals every month or so were keeping me on the edge of my seat. Even if Ryce had leaked the roster back then. The diversity in the picks there had me excited. The diversification in franchises between the two was great. MVCI on the other hand is really getting hurt by MCU and lack of newcomers imo.

Loki as DLC... can we get female Loki outfit to go along with it? Quite the fake way to add to the low female count, haha. Thor could use a strongly iconic villain, and he's very much a recognizable part of modern Marvel CineU. Quips with all the Avengers drawing from the movies would be fun.

Totally down for that! Especially if it's Boku Girl's Girl Loki. xD

I think if the communication from Capcom was there, the backlash wouldn't be as strong. Granted, the graphics are still...what they are, and the roster is still ass. Despite that, I feel if anyone from Capcom maintained any form of communication close to what Seth did for MVC3, things might not be as bad. These instances of announcing something, then going silent, then popping up to show something, and going silent again are rather odd for a game that's out in a few months.

Seth was demoing characters like a few days after their trailer was released, if not the following day. We've had nothing like that.

When it comes to Loki it will be really suprising if he's not in the story at some point considering Ultron Sigma's base appears to be made from half of Asgard...I guess they didn't have the budget for such cameos ( Loki, Valkyrie, Heimdall, Warriors 3, Sif, Odin, Freya, etc.)

I wonder if Sif would be an interesting choice as a playable character, maybe the W3 could assist?

I still want Enchantress and Executioner above all Thor related characters

I think if the communication from Capcom was there, the backlash wouldn't be as strong. Granted, the graphics are still...what they are, and the roster is still ass. Despite that, I feel if anyone from Capcom maintained any form of communication close to what Seth did for MVC3, things might not be as bad. These instances of announcing something, then going silent, then popping up to show something, and going silent again are rather odd for a game that's out in a few months.

Seth was demoing characters like a few days after their trailer was released, if not the following day. We've had nothing like that.

Yeah this game has a lot going against it, and Capcom themselves seemingly being unwilling to get infront of their own product consistently isn't helping.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just curious with people's opinions, what characters are y'all expecting to see as DLC next year? Please to be specific, like which characters.

The guy who's kinda good at being not nice or whatever he says,

Spider-man with guns and a pottymouth,

"LIGHTNING ATTACK!",

Blue Wesker,

Black (coat) Vergil,

and last but not least,

RAAA

SHIIII

DOOOOOOOOO

Black Panther
Daredevil
Loki

Sigma
Lady
Asura

I will probably change this
in the next 10 minutes
:p

EDIT: Oh, next year....that will take a bit longer

SaikyoBro

Just curious with people's opinions, what characters are y'all expecting to see as DLC next year? Please to be specific, like which characters.

Pure speculation.

- I don't have any confidence we'll see X-Men or F4. I had heard information to the contrary when the game was revealed but the way things have been going I don't know if I can stay optimistic about it. If there weren't so many obvious MCU characters left on the table I'd feel better about us seeing them sooner than later but we really might be waiting for some time.

- I don't think they'll leave us waiting on Phoenix Wright, Wesker, Iron Fist or Vergil.

- It's hard to say who'll be in the 2017 season pass but I think Black Widow, Loki, Star Lord, and Ant-Man (if he's really not in the base game) are all no-brainers and I'd be surprised if we really make it to 2019 without all of them. I'm hoping Daredevil and Punisher make it in as well.

I'm going to guess 10 characters (I think this is entirely reasonable given the reuse of assets but I also legitimately wouldn't be shocked at 6/8), and just for fun...

- Phoenix Wright
- Wesker
- Vergil
- Nash (or Rashid, Akuma, Bison, a 3rd SF char in general is essential)
- Captain Commando (a fan-favorite and probably the only historically significant Capcom character left to bring in from MvC1/2)

- Iron Fist
- Daredevil
- Star Lord
- Loki
- Ms. Marvel

The Marvel side is based mostly on my guess that Black Widow and Ant-Man are the two remaining season pass characters.

tribal24

Banned

Next year DLC I'm expecting

Marvel:
Daredevil
Cyclops
Deadpool
Storm
Cyclops
Loki
SongBird
Black Cat

Capcom:
Saki
Felicia
Lady
Nina
Ruby Heart
Nina
Lou
Gene
Asura

Dahbomb

In the year 2018 I expect these characters as DLC (total 12 characters, they are giving us 6 in 3 months, I think they can deliver 12 in a year with copy/pastas):

Capcom

Vergil
Wesker
Viewtiful Joe
Phoenix Wright
Amaterasu
Captain Commando or Trish or Lady (I think the last slot is going to either go to a classic VS character or a DMC female)

Marvel (X Men/Fox edition)

Magneto
Wolverine
Deadpool
Storm
Dr Doom
Iron Fist

Marvel (non X Men/Fox edition)

Iron Fist
Black Widow
Daredevil
Ms Marvel
Loki or Hela
Medusa (or any Inhuman really)

I think 2018 will be mostly returning veterans with a couple "new" characters. that weren't in Marvel 3. If characters like Gene, Asura, Nero, Lady, Starlord, Winter Soldier, Venom, Antman aren't in the first batch of DLC then they might make it into 2018.

Tron Bonne and MODOK are also likely candidate to return but they are probably in the 2019 category.

Neoxon

If we get 2 characters per month like we're looking to get for this year...

MARVEL
  • Star-Lord**
  • Ms. Marvel**
  • Loki**
  • Iron Fist
  • Daredevil**
  • Black Widow**
  • Wolverine
  • Deadpool
  • Magneto
  • Storm
  • Doctor Doom*
  • Super-Skrull*
CAPCOM
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Wesker
  • Vergil
  • Amaterasu
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Tron Bonne
  • Captain Commando
  • Akuma
  • Asura**
  • Gene**
  • Lady**
  • Rashid**
* = This is assuming that Capcom sealed the deal for this character before Marvel doubled down on the F4 ban. In this scenario, replace the 2 characters with Medusa & Doctor Octopus.
** = This is assuming that this character doesn't get in Season 1.

JayEH

Y'all expecting too much from Capcom. The DLC for this year will get delays just like SFV and they won't break from the 6 character a year pattern.

Neoxon

Neoxon please... 24 characters in a year...

And I thought I was being ambitious with my 12.
The only reason I said 24 is due to us getting 2 per month this year. The fact that a decent chunk of the mentioned characters are veterans could also help in achieving that number. Then again, we thought the same about the base roster, & we're looking at near Vanilla MvC3 numbers for Day 1.

Neoxon

If I were to cut this down in half to a pair every other month, then it'd be...

MARVEL
  • Star-Lord**
  • Ms. Marvel**
  • Loki**
  • Wolverine
  • Deadpool
  • Doctor Doom*
CAPCOM
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Wesker
  • Vergil
  • Akuma
  • Asura**
  • Lady**
* = This is assuming that Capcom sealed the deal for this character before Marvel doubled down on the F4 ban. In this scenario, replace the character with Daredevil

Dahbomb

The only reason I said 24 is due to us getting 2 per month this year. The fact that a decent chunk of the mentioned characters are veterans could also help in achieving that number. Then again, we thought the same about the base roster, & we're looking at near Vanilla MvC3 numbers for Day 1.
The reason why we are getting those 6 in 3 month is because under normal circumstances this game should've been released in early 2018 and those characters should've been part of the main game. Instead they are being sold as DLC outside the main game.

Like god damn Sigma and Black Panther models are in the story mode!!! And they both look super complete... more than even Dante and Chun Li!

SaikyoBro

Tron Bonne is a personal favorite of mine but I really don't know if I'm feeling a return, at least not until we're a good bit down the line. I really hate what they've done with the MM characters in this game by pigeonholing them all into the X series - TvC having a rep from Classic, Legends and X was a great balance and I wish it had carried over to 3. This game having nothing but X characters is a real disappointment for me - no disrespect to those games or their fans, but in my opinion their character designs are really uninteresting and I lean heavily toward the more cartoony MM series. I understand why they're all here but having Tron, Bass, Proto Man or Roll mixed in would've made me personally much happier. I'd like to see any of those characters as DLC but I have a really bad feeling that they'll say "we already have three Mega Man characters, there's no need for any more for a while" and leave them out of the running until a couple years later.

The one thing interesting about Tron in particular is that the Servbot is essentially Capcom's mascot these days so hopefully they find a way to sneak her in sooner than later.

Neoxon

The reason why we are getting those 6 in 3 month is because under normal circumstances this game should've been released in early 2018 and those characters should've been part of the main game. Instead they are being sold as DLC outside the main game.

Like god damn Sigma and Black Panther models are in the story mode!!! And they both look super complete... more than even Dante and Chun Li!
But at the same time, I feel like it may be a Urien & Juri situation where they aren't exactly finished as of September (be it in moveset animating, balancing, or both).

Still, we should be able to better predict Season 2 once we know who's in Season 1.

Lulubop

Shit is real wack and honestly my biggest problem with this game so far.

The marketing behind a product fails if people are more worried that the product is coming so soon rather than chomping at the bit to buy it.

I don't think it's farfetched that more people would buy DBFZ in its current state than MVCI in its current state, today.

On one hand, their models look more complete and updated than, say, how Kolin and co. were in SFV's Story Mode.

But on the other hand, rigging new animations, making and implementing movesets, and other shitteries takes time and effort, and just because the models exist doesn't mean the characters are complete in a fighting game sense. Fighting games are showing their cards way too early with DLC these days. Tekken 7 is the only one that didn't reveal their DLC characters like INJ2, SFV, or MVC before release and looks all the better for it.

Mugy

If i could pick ANYBODY from both companies, in a line of 16 characters (8 per company) it would be something like:

Capcom:

Sigma
Asura
Wesker
Leon. S Kennedy
Falcon (From Power Stone)
Vergil
Captain Commando
Gene

Marvel:

Silver Surfer
Daredevil
Dr.Doom
Black Phanter
Wolverine
Black Bolt
Cyclops
Super Skrull

『Inaba Resident』;243309282 said:
"f(x)-men"
That's perfect damn.

If we get 2 characters per month like we're looking to get for this year...

MARVEL
  • Star-Lord**
  • Ms. Marvel**
  • Loki**
  • Iron Fist
  • Daredevil**
  • Black Widow**
  • Wolverine
  • Deadpool
  • Magneto
  • Storm
  • Doctor Doom*
  • Super-Skrull*
CAPCOM
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Wesker
  • Vergil
  • Amaterasu
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Tron Bonne
  • Captain Commando
  • Akuma
  • Asura**
  • Gene**
  • Lady**
  • Rashid**
* = This is assuming that Capcom sealed the deal for this character before Marvel doubled down on the F4 ban. In this scenario, replace the 2 characters with Medusa & Doctor Octopus.
24 characters would be a huge slap in the face with a 32 character launch.

patchday

Yeah just feels like 'dlc included on game cd' type of scam

why they trying to charge for like the only african american in the game too... I'm not gonna even go there LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom