• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I forgot to mention Doctor Strange, Spider-man #19 and Groots variants are listed as top secret too,

I posted Iron Man vs Spencer if you didn't see it

If there's one thing MvCI infinite is doing better than past MvCs, it's really emphasizing the whole 'melding' of the two properties together. I love the various stages and how they're incorporating elements of both universes and these comic covers are generally pretty damn great.

Neoxon

We seem to probably have a "free" spot on the DLC lists w/ the story leaks, so its certainly possible.

Venom reveal at SDCC makes sense.
So Black Panther, Winter Soldier, & Daredevil with Ant-Man & Venom on Day 1? I'd be okay with that.

STL054077

My man is looking appropriately beefy. Burn the Hydra scum!
Is that dumb thing with Cap being a Nazi still happening? Judging by that title, it still is.

If there's one thing MvCI infinite is doing better than past MvCs, it's really emphasizing the whole 'melding' of the two properties together. I love the various stages and how they're incorporating elements of both universes and these comic covers are generally pretty damn great.

Yeah, this is one thing about the presentation that MvCI is getting right. It's a good use of the crossover dynamic. Too bad the lighting in some of the stages is poor. The ones that are brightly lit make the characters look a bit better but stages like the ones in the demo make everything look worse.

Lulubop

yep, i dig.

The heroes are now trying to undo the Cosmic Cube bullshit that changed Cap.

Well damn I hope they get to it soon, lol. Smh, Marvel.

Just curious with people's opinions, what characters are y'all expecting to see as DLC next year? Please to be specific, like which characters.

Well first, this is my guess for what we're getting by the end of this year.

Capcom

Sigma
Lady
SFV rep (probably Rashido)

Marvel

Black Panther
Antman (assuming he's not base roster)
Loki (would probably show up right around Thor 3's release)

Capcom

A fan favorite MVC1 or 2 (Captain Commando, Jin, etc)
Vergil
Wesker

Marvel

Black Widow
Star Lord
Daredevil

For the record, my dream DLC (including what's been announced) would be Viewtiful Joe, Ammy, Gene, MvC2 Jill, and a Power Stone rep for Capcom's side. For Marvel, it'd be Shocker, Mysterio, Punisher, Green Goblin, and Kingpin.

Neoxon

Well damn I hope they get to it soon, lol. Smh, Marvel.

Well first, this is my guess for what we're getting by the end of this year.

Capcom

Sigma
Lady
SFV rep (probably Rashido)

Marvel

Black Panther
Antman (assuming he's not base roster)
Loki (would probably show up right around Thor 3's release)

Capcom

A fan favorite MVC1 or 2 (Captain Commando, Jin, etc)
Vergil
Wesker

Marvel

Black Widow
Star Lord
Daredevil

For the record, my dream DLC (including what's been announced) would be Viewtiful Joe, Ammy, Gene, MvC2 Jill, and a Power Stone rep for Capcom's side. For Marvel, it'd be Shocker, Mysterio, Punisher, Green Goblin, and Kingpin.
I feel like we'll get more than 6 characters next year. Plus there's the Fox DLC characters that Ryce mentioned.

Jawmuncher

I'm curious to see if Marvel insists on a 1 for 1 when it comes to female characters.
As in if Marvel adds a female capcom has to add one as well.

What we know so far from the variants:

All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #7 (Gamora and Strider Hiryu)
Amazing Spider-Man #31 (?)
Avengers #10 (Ultron and Sigma)
Black Panther #17 (?)
Champions #11 (Nova and Zero)
Defenders #4 (?)
Doctor Strange #24 (?)
Generations: Banner Hulk and the Totally Awesome Hulk #1 (Hulk and Ryu)
Generations: The Mighty Thor and the Unworthy Thor #1 (?)
Hawkeye #9 (Hawkeye, Rocket Raccoon, Dante, and Morrigan)
I Am Groot #4 (?)
Invincible Iron Man #10 (Iron Man and Spencer)
Mighty Thor #22 (?)
Rocket #4 (Rocket Raccoon and Mega Man X)
Secret Empire #8 (Captain America and Chris Redfield)
Spider-Man #19 (?)
Spider-Man/Deadpool #20 (Dormammu and Firebrand) (the one that was given away by mistake)
Thanos #10 (?)
The Mighty Captain Marvel #8
Venom #135 (?)

I feel like we'll get more than 6 characters next year. Plus there's the Fox DLC characters that Ryce mentioned.

You're probably right but I'm just playing it safe. With Capcom's PR being so quiet about the lack of X-Men, other than that infamous interview, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we don't get them for a long time.

Jawmuncher

I wonder if we would have gotten the other variants on the site had no one posted anything from that site until today (Rather than the TOP SECRET) things.

Neonep

The only announced Capcom characters we haven't seen on the covers are Chun-Li & Arthur. On the Marvel side we haven't seen Thor, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, & Thanos

Lulubop

I still dunno if he 100% cant be.
Since he could be like Thanos and essentially be a new character outside his name.

All-New if capcom really wanted to, could just mean new to the game.

again, they're not going to do this

All new, mean all new. Never been playable.

Let me try and separate those. Oh and some of those issue numbers are incorrect

UPDATED 7/14
All New GOTG-Gamora/Strider Hiryu
Avengers-Ultron/Sigma
Champions-Nova/Zero
Generations Banner/Totally Awesome Hulk-Hulk/Ryu
Hawkeye-Hawkeye/Dante and RR/Morrigan
Invicible Iron Man-Iron Man/Spencer
Rocket-Rocket/X
Secret Empire-Captain America/Chris
Spider-man/Deadpool-Dormammu/Firebrand TOP SECRET leaked early
Mighty Captain Marvel-Captain Marvel/Chun Li

Amazing Spider-man-??? TOP SECRET
Black Panther???
Defenders-?? TOP SECRET
Doctor Strange-?? TOP SECRET
Gen Thor/Thor-???
I am groot-?? TOP SECRET
Mighty Thor-??
Spider-man 19-?? TOP SECRET
Venom-?? TOP SECRET
Thanos-??

Who on the leaks is not currently on any covers?

Marvel Capcom
Spider-man Frank West
Venom Nemesis
Ghost Rider Jedah
Doctor Strange (Morrigan again? Or Did I miss someone?)
Winter Soldier Monster Hunter
Black Panther Haggar
Thanos Meio
Thor Arthur

Neonep

Given how the covers are, the base roster + DLC will come out to at minimum of 38. If it's 6 DLC characters, then the base roster will most likely be 32.

sinkfla87

Closer we're getting to Evo the more I'm actually getting excited for reveals lol. Didn't think I would be but then I read the SFV rumor thread and remembered how much less I care about that reveal than this.

Lulubop

Closer we're getting to Evo the more I'm actually getting excited for reveals lol. Didn't think I would be but then I read the SFV rumor thread and remembered how much less I care about that reveal than this.

Well you're probably gonna have to wait a week bruh

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
yup it definitely has to be over 30 for sure.

The whole situation about the leak is hilarious in retrospect. It's mainly because someone in early thread actually leaked that we are going to get low 30s roster which is an early sign that Ryce's leaked list is incomplete.

Here is the quote in case if anyone would ask for it.

no - but i did hear initial character count is low 30's. if i had to guess, season pass would be 6-10 characters split across marvel & capcom. really hoping cyclops makes his long overdue return.

kirblar

Venom is a big part of the in-game storyline (Symbiote Lab crossover w/ Resident Evil) and we know Nemesis is base.

Come to think of it, w/ BP as DLC, that actually could mean that the Hunter is DLC as well. (Valkanda)

I really wonder why Captain Marvel and Thanos' variants are not even listed yet on the site. Maybe they release near late August/Early September or something?

Jawmuncher

Venom is a big part of the in-game storyline (Symbiote Lab crossover w/ Resident Evil) and we know Nemesis is base.

Come to think of it, w/ BP as DLC, that actually could mean that the Hunter is DLC as well. (Valkanda)

Imagine if Jedah and Monster Hunter are the remaining DLC.
Fucking terrible for the base roster if that happened. Unless there's some magic shit we're missing.

Lulubop

Wait what. You don't think they'll do a reveal at Evo?

prob not, SFV will be front and center. EVO doesn't really do reveals like this, ever so I'm not sure why it's expected. SDCC does have stuff like this, and is next week so that's when we'll get our next big drop

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Given how the covers are, the base roster + DLC will come out to at minimum of 38. If it's 6 DLC characters, then the base roster will most likely be 32.

I really hope that we would get 34 characters + 6 DLC characters so at end of the year, we would have 40 characters.

JayEH

I assume all new characters leaked are dlc at this point.

Renkax

I'm hoping to see Hunter and Gamora this weekend ;_; but I feel like Gamora is going to have mvc3 Jill's moveset idk why it's a feeling

Neonep

I really hope that we would get 34 characters + 6 DLC characters so at end of the year, we would have 40 characters.

The only variable is if one of the covers we haven't seen has more than 2 characters like the Hawkeye cover. It's very unlikely any of the covers has 1 character or 3 characters.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The only variable is if one of the covers we haven't seen has more than 2 characters like the Hawkeye cover. It's very unlikely any of the covers has 1 character or 3 characters.

Yet two covers had Rocket Raccoon so it could meant nothing. We'll see with that when we see every cover variants out there.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm hoping to see Hunter and Gamora this weekend ;_; but I feel like Gamora is going to have mvc3 Jill's moveset idk why it's a feeling
I.. have no idea how this feeling would even emerge, or based on seeing her with a sword alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom