• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinkfla87

prob not, SFV will be front and center. EVO doesn't really do reveals like this, ever so I'm not sure why it's expected. SDCC does have stuff like this, and is next week so that's when we'll get our next big drop

I got ya. Several other companies are going to be doing reveals at Evo so I am just wishfully hoping that Capcom will throw us a bone, albeit smaller bone than what they'll throw at SDCC. But I know I'm getting carried away asking for that from Capcom of all companies haha. Plus don't we have a lot of characters to reveal with not much longer until launch?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
she actually has Virgil's moveset

:3

Don't forget she also have huge laser gun as well, and double laser pistol.

ZjKuyiH.jpg

Jawmuncher

Capcom hasn't even unveiled their complete list for the base characters. They've shown more Marvel characters than Capcom characters.

I gotta say that's pretty BS. Don't understand how capcom themselves can't keep parity with what they've been showing.

mas8705

Jedah is on Ryce's list, so I doubt he'd be DLC. MH COULD be though. Oh god I hope not.

He was on the list previously, but in the "updated" datamine, it does show several more characters, including the aforementioned Sigma and Black Panther. As such, it is difficult to say which is actually is apart of the initial roster and which will be DLC. After all, that first list didn't have Zero, and he is here.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Things change around sometimes so you never know.....

If anything people want to worry about then they should worry about the chance of Winter Solider and Hunter being second batch of DLC character, along with Sigma and Black Panther.

At same time, I don't think we should worry about Hunter tho.

Jedah being DLC would turn me into one of those toxic fuckers on Kappa.

Don't do this shit to me Cappy. You already got me hard by all but confirming my Vedah combo in the launch game.

Edit: I curse way too fucking much.

Playsage

What are the chances for "the origin to all that's good and mothers to us all?"

If Ammy doesn't make the cut in the launch roster... I don't think she's going to be hype enough for DLC :(

Even if Snowball doesn't make the cut, I still want this game to be good and successful...

tribal24

Banned
What are the chances for "the origin to all that's good and mothers to us all?"

If Ammy doesn't make the cut in the launch roster... I don't think she's going to be hype enough for DLC :(

Even if Snowball doesn't make the cut, I still want this game to be good and successful...

Well she can be paired with a hyped enough Marvel character to make it work.

Outside of both being girls who fight, there really doesn't seem to be much in common between Gamora and Jill (MvC3 version).

I kind of assume Jedah won't be DLC since he was known about so long ago, though given Sigma, I guess anything's possible. Like I'd say that Jedah will probably have the Soul Stone, and team up with Dormammu and have Firebrand minions, and everything will be peachy keen for the story mode, but if Sigma, who is half of the main antagonist, isn't in the base roster, then who knows. Heck, its possible that Venom isn't part of it either and given the data leak, he's got a large role in the story too.

But all that aside, I was thinking earlier about characters who would translate well to a need for generic enemies, such as Firebrand and Nemesis, and you know what would be kind of nice? Wendigo. Now while he started out as a Hulk villain, he's kind of heavily associated with the X-Men, so they'd never get in, but he'd be a cool mix of both Sabretooth and Sasquatch from Darkstalkers.

Generic enemies?
How about

Q-bees,
Mindless ones,
Huitzils,
Seven Hells,
Symbiote BOWs,
Mad Gear members,
Hand Ninja,
HYDRA agents,
Meio followers,
Corrupted Nova Corpsmen,
Ravagers,
Kree soldiers,
Frost Giants,
White Gorillas,
Umbrella Security

some of that would be cool

JazzmanZ

Jedah being DLC would turn me into one of those toxic fuckers on Kappa.

Don't do this shit to me Cappy. You already got me hard by all but confirming my Vedah combo in the launch game.

Edit: I curse way too fucking much.

if a game character being dlc is going to make you turn toxic you need to put the controller down and go outside and enjoy life

dan2026

I was thinking Jedah might be a problem because all of his moves are blood based.
But then I remembered Skullgirls had Eliza. So I guess it's ok.

Dahbomb

Would be pretty funny if Gamora has air gun straight shot, grenades and hyper viper beam.

Dat Cable funtionality.

Though to be quite honest, I never really cared for Cable's character or design but I loved his playstyle in Marvel 2. GET SHOT SON!

Neonep

Would be pretty funny if Gamora has air gun straight shot, grenades and hyper viper beam.

Dat Cable funtionality.

Though to be quite honest, I never really cared for Cable's character or design but I loved his playstyle in Marvel 2. GET SHOT SON!

Cable is in every way possible a better character than Gamora.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just rewatched Winter Soldier, you guys are cray cray for not wanting Bucky in this, hes badass.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just rewatched Winter Soldier, you guys are cray cray for not wanting Bucky in this, hes badass.
Not that he isn't badass, just better as a skin for another character. Not nearly distinct enough TBH, I hope he's an NPC altogether.*

*unless all of his normals and specials involve knife flipping, of course.

Village

Not that he isn't badass, just better as a skin for another character. Not nearly distinct enough TBH, I hope he's an NPC altogether.*

If people like him, and he's requested, and his popular and marvel wants to push him.

Then he's better off as a character rather than a skin. You will get less eye balls on a character and people will play him less if he's a skin.

" just make this character is a skin " logic ignore... both fans and the business end, and should only be reserved for very extreme cases, like say , like red hulk, or in IJ2 another green lantern, and that last one still doesn't sit right with me because it doesn't make in lore sense

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If people like him, and he's requested, and his popular and marvel wants to push him.

Then he's better off as a character rather than a skin. You will get less eye balls on a character and people will play him less if he's a skin.

" just make this character is a skin " logic ignore... both fans and the business end, and should only be reserved for very extreme cases, like say , like red hulk, or in IJ2 another green lantern, and that last one still doesn't sit right with me because it doesn't make in lore sense
I'm mostly talking from a gameplay perspective. There are maybe 20 other characters even within the MCU that could be more distinct/add unique gameplay contributions and are more commonly requested than The Winter Soldier.

Even in a lore sense, there's few better candidates for a different character as a skin for Cap or a swap costume for someone like Spencer.

sinkfla87

Don't let anyone shame you, I like Bucky too.
:( If ComboFiend wasn't working for Capcom maybe they would have done the right thing and 86'd Spencer in favor of Bucky.

The only thing Spencer and Bucky have in common are metal arm. They are completely different characters otherwise.

That's like saying we can't have both Black Panther and Wolverine because they both have claws, or both Phoenix and Cpt Marvel because they both fly.

Neoxon

The only thing Spencer and Bucky have in common are metal arm. They are completely different characters otherwise.

That's like saying we can't have both Black Panther and Wolverine because they both have claws, or both Phoenix and Cpt Marvel because they both fly.
If anything, most would make comparisons between Captain Marvel & Rogue.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

That's more than enough of a similarity for a swap costume. And uh, the metal arm is what defines both of them. That's one hell of a similarity, pretty much as close as it gets for melding two universes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom