• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasp always seemed like she would be more fun that Ant-man to me so I'd be all for it

latest

Jawmuncher

The roster's too large at that point if it's CFAS Death. It's gonna be the MCU version. (edit: Alternatively, Meio is a boss and Death is a character.)

If it is a base of 34, then we take Ant-Man off the list and two of the remaining unannounced newbies are DLC, while we have two unknown newbies who don't show up in Story Mode and won't be announced prior to the game coming out.

This would mean that DLC characters 3&4 are Monster Hunter and Winter Soldier.

Considering MH and Jedah are the new additions that have me the most excited. If they make MH DLC.....man

Platy

Here's a fun random thought.

The character "Death" is also listed in the .zip leak. We all just assumed, because of Thanos, that it was Death from Marvel.

But what if it's actually Death, aka Avel, from Capcom Fighting All-Stars

and that's our mystery Capcom character?

Or maybe it is Death Mask, which is basicaly Deadpool using Dr Doom cosplay so maybe this mix is a weird loophole in the rights

JeTmAn81

Flight, Bio-Electric blasts,

She can also control insects like AntMan through her antennae but that would be another similarity, not difference

I guess you can make her do whatever but as someone whose impression of her is informed by the original TTA and Avengers comics, she doesn't have tons to offer that isn't derivative of Ant-Man

Neoxon

Who are you, bringing logic and fairness to the table? Away with you! :p

Game is still a sausage fest. Capcom please.
It's on Marvel, too. They choose their side.

I think it is fair to say that Spider-Man will be in the roster and he will likely get announced in a few days. From there though, I have a higher question of who makes the intial roster and who becomes DLC.

If anything else, if we were forced to play with what we got, I would say that Winter Soldier & Venom probably will be our DLC characters on Marvel's side (with Venom getting a brand new move list, much like how Thanos is completely different from his 2D persona). Not sure how much Venom would change though since if we were going off that same "leaked list" we are also going to see "Symbiote" enemies in the story mode too, so I'm pretty sure that throws "Agent Venom" out the window.

Meanwhile, I can't say who would be the DLC for Capcom's side (and to hell with the idea that "Monster Hunter" would be one of them. I love the series and even I would question that one) but hopefully we will see something worth while.
How can Venom be Season 1 DLC when Season 1 is all newcomers? Venom is a veteran, & the leak would have said "Agent Venom" if it was Flash Thompson (who would be an actual newcomer).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Here's a fun random thought.

The character "Death" is also listed in the .zip leak. We all just assumed, because of Thanos, that it was Death from Marvel.

But what if it's actually Death, aka Avel, from Capcom Fighting All-Stars

and that's our mystery Capcom character?
Would be neat.

Capcom must have a treasure trove of undeveloped character designs anyways, the VS series would be a great place to exhibit them IMO, but I think the pull for classic characters/fanservice is way too strong and would just upset people more. But still, would be cool.

I guess you can make her do whatever but as someone whose impression of her is informed by the original TTA and Avengers comics, she doesn't have tons to offer that isn't derivative of Ant-Man
That's why we're saying we would rather have her instead of Ant-Man (if he ends up in the game I guess). She can do what he can and more. Plus it helps the female representation this game needs.

What are the chances at this point that Spider-Man is in the initial roster?

I am holding out hope that he will be announced, but it just seems weird that he would be a late announcement considering he is one of the most recognizable characters on the planet.
If I were in the Capcom marketing dept. I would make sure he was plastered on the cover if here were in the initial roster...

Neoxon

I am holding out hope that he will be announced, but it just seems weird that he would be a late announcement considering he is one of the most recognizable characters on the planet.
If I were in the Capcom marketing dept. I would make sure he was plastered on the cover if here were in the initial roster...
Basically guaranteed, Spider-Man was leaked multiple times. You have nothing to fear. Spidey being announced later also happened with MvC3, & people who didn't keep up with the news were just as worried back then.

Jawmuncher

Spider-Man was a late announcement for MVC3 as well (Well not this late, but then again the marketing has been odd). He has a 99% chance though. All the leaks confirm him as such unless something crazy happened behind the scenes.

Though there was one person saying he wasn't gonna be in.....

He was a late announcement for 3 as well

Regina'd by Jaw

Where did that crazy "Spider-man isn't going to be in the game" guy go? I don't like it when someone says something, then leaves

Typically Wasp and Ant-Man have the same basic powers. Wasp specializes more in shrinking, flying, and stinging though, while Ant-Man (or at least Pym) specialized more in growing, shrinking objects, and controlling bugs, though they could both more or less do each other's specialties if necessary, though Pym always had a harness for flight, rather than wings.

Still, Ant-Man (Pym) is the original, and since he's normally defaulting to being bigger rather super tiny like Jan usually defaults to, I'd say he's better suited to be a fighter.

EMH was awesome. The new cartoon.... not really. Maybe Kamala can change that.
Typically Wasp and Ant-Man have the same basic powers. Wasp specializes more in shrinking, flying, and stinging though, while Ant-Man (or at least Pym) specialized more in growing, shrinking objects, and controlling bugs, though they could each more or less each other's specialties if necessary, though Pym always had a harness for flight, rather than wings.

Still, Ant-Man (Pym) is the original, and since he's normally defaulting to being bigger rather super tiny like Jan usually defaults to, I'd say he's better suited to be a fighter.
It's not going to be Hank tho :(
Ant-Man in MvCI would likely be Scott Lang (not Hank Pym), like how Wasp in this game would likely be Hope van Dyne (hypothetically).
Hmm, not sure about that. The mobile games still use Jan as the Wasp from what I remember.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Ant-Man in MvCI would likely be Scott Lang (not Hank Pym), like how Wasp in this game would likely be Hope van Dyne (hypothetically).

I'd rather it'd be Nadia than Hope, tbh. Give her other science-y attacks or some Red Room martial arts attacks or whatever. Diversify.

Neonep

I'd rather see Daredevil & Iron Fist before Ant-Man & Wasp. I've never really had any attachment to those 2 in any way. They are fine characters but I wouldn't be upset if they weren't in the game.

tribal24

Banned
I'd rather see Daredevil & Iron Fist before Ant-Man & Wasp. I've never really had any attachment to those 2 in any way. They are fine characters but I wouldn't be upset if they weren't in the game.

If talking about defenders , I always felt Jessica jones would be a great wildcard for the roster.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm kind of upset Iron Fist isn't one of the returning characters. A moveset that great deserves another go around in a game that he'd be much better suited for.

Neonep

If talking about defenders , I always felt Jessica jones would be a great wildcard for the roster.

Jessica Jones & Luke Cage for that matter are boring characters as far as their abilities are concerned for a fighting game. We've already seen Iron Fist in UMVC3 and he was great. Daredevil has got to be Marvel's most popular character to not get a proper representation in any game.

tribal24

Banned
Jessica Jones & Luke Cage for that matter are boring characters as far as their abilities are concerned for a fighting game. We've already seen Iron Fist in UMVC3 and he was great. Daredevil has got to be Marvel's most popular character to not get a proper representation in any game.

Boring abilities dosent make a boring move set though. Capcom can make a pet rock exciting in a fighting game.

Boring abilities dosent make a boring move set though. Capcom can make a pet rock exciting in a fighting game.

I would rather not have "ordinary guy" type characters in and get dudes who can airdash and do crazy stuff for Marvel.

If this game was more like SF, I'd like the Defenders characters but I'd rather have characters with the most options in playstyle.

Just give me Magneto and I wouldn't care who else they include in the roster; I'd be there day one.

Neonep

I would rather not have "ordinary guy" type characters in and get dudes who can airdash and do crazy stuff for Marvel.

If this game was more like SF, I'd like the Defenders characters but I'd rather have characters with the most options in playstyle.

Just give me Magneto and I wouldn't care who else they include in the roster; I'd be there day one.
Exactly, why have Luke Cage & Jessica Jones when you can characters like Falcon & Vision.

I'm still a bit baffled that they didn't put Asura in this game. He even had a SFIV fighting game-esque section in his game's DLC where he fought Ryu/Evil Ryu and Akuma/Oni.

Also Bass.EXE would have been great as a Megaman NT rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom