• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I'm still a bit baffled that they didn't put Asura in this game. He even had a SFIV fighting game-esque section in his game's DLC where he fought Ryu/Evil Ryu and Akuma/Oni.

Also Bass.EXE would have been great as a Megaman NT rep.

I wonde if there's any sort of rights issues with Asura. I don't think so though. Pretty sure they own the character as well as the game so I don't think it even has a weird strider thing attached (and even then he still gets in the games).

Still while I don't see them both being in this first DLC. If they're really gonna go heavy on DLC, I see them making it in at some point. Though had they been in the base roster, that would've helped a lot with the hardcore.

DR2K

Banned
I'm still a bit baffled that they didn't put Asura in this game. He even had a SFIV fighting game-esque section in his game's DLC where he fought Ryu/Evil Ryu and Akuma/Oni.

Also Bass.EXE would have been great as a Megaman NT rep.

He would have made it in if he had a MVC3 model to port. Capcoms side is especially anemic as far as new characters are concerned

Could Cyberconnect2 or whoever currently holds the Asura's Wrath "rights" (Capcom of course owns him, but like a Monster Hunter in MVC3 situation) deny MVCI's team the rights to use him?

Neoxon

Could Cyberconnect2 or whoever currently holds the Asura's Wrath "rights" (Capcom of course owns him, but like a Monster Hunter in MVC3 situation) deny MVCI's team the rights to use him?
Asura was used in crossovers in the past, so probably not. The MH analogy could still apply.

tribal24

Banned
Exactly, why have Luke Cage & Jessica Jones when you can characters like Falcon & Vision.

tumblr_inline_n3ghj9J3u91qcklud.gif

OsirisBlack

Banned
Cyberconnect 2 wanted Asura in umvc3 they went on record saying so it just never happened.

Would love if Claire somehow made it as DLC. Especially with Remake 2 coming later, that way we get another female character, a character from RE2, just not the one we thought we'd get. ;p

I really hope Venom is announced on Thursday. That would be hype.

An unexpected character would be nice, too. I'm not expecting anything like that, though.

There's a chance we'll get an unleaked character revealed
as DLC
:p

I think if we get anyone unexpected in the base roster, it might be at Gamescom, We might get something crazy though at SDCC,

I think its possible even the .zip leak is unfinished

Just to ask, who would you like?

sinkfla87

There's a chance we'll get an unleaked character revealed
as DLC
:p

I think if we get anyone unexpected in the base roster, it might be at Gamescom, We might get something crazy though at SDCC,

I think its possible even the .zip leak is unfinished

Just to ask, who would you like?

This is a tough one.

Capcom:
JIN. BRING BACK JIN PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Marvel:
Aldrich Killian from iron Man 3

just kidding. Whiplash from iron Man 2! Closest we will get to getting Omega Red.

Double kidding. Green Goblin.

Spider-Man was a late announcement for MVC3 as well (Well not this late, but then again the marketing has been odd). He has a 99% chance though. All the leaks confirm him as such unless something crazy happened behind the scenes.

Though there was one person saying he wasn't gonna be in.....

Alright, I will hold out hope. Him being in the initial roster would at lest give me one character on the Marvel side that I love.

Wasn't he on the cover for vanilla MvC3, though? Did they just reveal the cover pretty late as well? I guess that makes sense as they did reveal the cover really early this time...

sinkfla87

I would also like to know about smooth operator's disappearance. He claimed he was positive that Spiderman isn't in the game (base roster) and even suggested an avatar bet over it. Where are you, smooth?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I would also like to know about smooth operator's disappearance. He claimed he was positive that Spiderman isn't in the game (base roster) and even suggested an avatar bet over it. Where are you, smooth?

I mean it's pretty strange he isn't on the boxart if that was the final cover.

We went through this same exact shit with MvC3 though, so many people were convinced Spidey was out right up until he was revealed and suddenly nobody ever doubted

To only have one dude convinced Spidey won't appear, it's actually a step up from 3

Raitaro

Now that Jedah is confirmed to be real, could anyone give me/us a short update on which rumor list is likely to be true now, and whether this rumor list included those also rumored DLC plans of an X-Men pack, Darkstalkers pack, etc.? Sorry if this was discussed before.

I'm definitely pumped to see Jedah in this game by the way. I would have preferred Talbain perhaps but Jedah is definitely cool too. Hopefully we'll see more DS characters (return) like B. B. Hood, Dimitri etc. (anyone but Felicia if it were up to me...). The DS folk along with MVC2 classics like Ruby Heart, Captain Commando, Son Son and Amingo are who I'd like to see the most at this point on Capcom's side.

Jawmuncher

Now that Jedah is confirmed to be real, could anyone give me/us a short update on which rumor list is likely to be true now, and whether this rumor list included those also rumored DLC plans of an X-Men pack, Darkstalkers pack, etc.? Sorry if this was discussed before.

I'm definitely pumped to see Jedah in this game by the way. I would have preferred Talbain perhaps but Jedah is definitely cool too. Hopefully we'll see more DS characters (return) like B. B. Hood, Dimitri etc. (anyone but Felicia if it were up to me...). The DS folk along with MVC2 classics like Ruby Heart, Captain Commando, Son Son and Amingo are who I'd like to see the most at this point on Capcom's side.

The Ryce leak (Outside Ant-Man) and the Zip Leak seem to be on the money at the moment. DLC plans can change all the time though. So the FF/Xmen and other such thing could happen but not enough info for 100%. Id be very surprised if we didn't get an Xmen at some point though.

I think the darkslatkers pack was just people in this thread playing with the idea and nothing even rumored.

There was definitely a Reddit rumor with Xmen vs SF dlc season/pack and I think Fantastic Four vs Darkstalkers season/pack mentioned. Think it was ol boy that kept changing his story whenever new info came out that challenged his "leaks." Certainly not one of the trusted leaks though

I am now hype af for Venom and Bucky

Ryce's list is completely 95% accurate. We have evidence backing that one (called Gamora, Jedah, and Thanos long before their reveals), though there is some doubt behind Antman.

The ZIP leak is right with it. It called very specific details about the E3 trailer and story demo (Thanos having a bound model, both Dahren Mohran and a Strider Grandmaster appearing) despite coming out almost a week earlier. It also predicted a character we eventually saw via variant cover (Dormammu). The only conflict between the two leaks is that Antman is missing from this one despite being more complete than Ryce's.

Between these two leaks, this is the speculated launch roster (with stars next to the newcomers):

Ryu
Chun-Li
Chris
Nemesis
X*
Zero
Arthur
Firebrand
Morrigan
Jedah*
Strider Hiryu
Grandmaster Meio*
Dante
Spencer
Monster Hunter*
Haggar
Frank West

Iron Man
Ultron*
Captain America
Winter Soldier*
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye
Captain Marvel*
Gamora*
Rocket Raccoon
Spider-man
Venom
Nova
Thanos
Doctor Strange
Dormammu
Ghost Rider

Vanish

When is the Marvel SDCC thing? I want to be ready for any potential announcements. I better get my Spider-Man and Venom (EDDIE BROCK!) tag team.

JAXXX

THURSDAY, July 20-SUNDAY, July 23

this page is now gone,LOL
here is what WAS there...
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Capcom at San Diego Comic-Con 2017

Heads up, San Diego: we're bringing a full suite of Capcom activities and goods to SDCC 2017!

Starting on Preview Night, July 19th, and going all the way through Sunday, July 23rd, we'll be at San Diego Comic-Con 2017, showing off a number of upcoming titles alongside several games that celebrate 30 years of Street Fighter. We'll also be selling brand new merch at the Capcom Store and hosting many exclusive panels. We're even bringing members of the development teams from Japan for some signing sessions (free posters will be provided while supplies last)! Here's the full scoop:

Playable games:

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Street Fighter V
Street Fighter (various old-school Street Fighter games running on actual arcade units!)

Panels:

Thursday July 20, 1:00-2:00pm Room 6BCF – Marvel Games
Look out, True Believer, the superheroes you love and the supervillains you love to hate are waging war on your consoles, PCs, and mobile devices! Be there as key members of the Marvel Games team take to the stage to share the latest and greatest with you . . . and open the floor to answer your questions!

Friday July 21, 11:15am-12:30pm Room 6BCF – Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Universes merge in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, as the collaborative team from Marvel and Capcom discuss the immersive cinematic story featured in the upcoming game. Learn how both sides joined forces to bring the story to life, with iconic heroes from Marvel and Capcom teaming up to battle against a sinister new supervillain who threatens to destroy their newly formed world.

Friday July 21, 12:45-1:45pm Room 6BCF – Street Fighter 30th Anniversary
Shoryuken! Celebrate 30 years of Street Fighter by taking a look at the past, present, and future of Capcom's beloved fighting game series. Hear behind-the-scenes stories from key team members and expect some fun and games—and maybe even a surprise visit from executive producer Yoshinori Ono, too!

Friday July 21, 7:00-8:00pm Room 25ABC – Resident Evil: Vendetta
The Resident Evil franchise returns with the action-packed third installment in the state-of-the-art CG animated series, Resident Evil: Vendetta. Featuring a never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes look at the highly anticipated movie, fans will be treated to insider information from iconic Japanese filmmaker Takashi Shimizu (The Grudge), director Takanori Tsujimoto, and the cast. In addition, fans of the Resident Evil video game will get a chance to hear about the history of one of the bestselling video game franchises of all time from Capcom's Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who has produced several of the series' most popular games.

Saturday July 22, 2:00-3:00pm Room 25ABC – World of Capcom
Moderator Tim Turi hosts a panel filled with Capcom team members to present the company's latest and greatest video games. Capcom has been creating popular games for over three decades, and this panel is the place for fans of all ages to check out the new games they can look forward to. Be sure to pay close attention to every exciting detail – the panel concludes with a fun trivia quiz for an array of awesome Capcom prizes.

Saturday July 22, 3:00-4:00pm Room 25ABC – Monster Hunter
Get a behind-the-scenes look at Capcom's newest action RPG game, Monster Hunter: World! Fresh off the announcement at E3 2017, this panel features the latest and greatest directly from the Capcom staff and development team members. This new entry in the popular Monster Hunter series is coming globally to PS4 and Xbox One in early 2018 with a PC release to follow.

Signing Sessions:

THURSDAY, July 20

1:00-2:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World
Ryozo Tsujimoto, Producer
Kaname Fujioka, Executive & Art Director
3:00-4:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Resident Evil: Vendetta
Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Producer
Sony Pictures Entertainment
3:00-4:00pm The Loyal Subjects booth #4951 – Street Fighter
Yoshinori Ono, Executive Producer
5:00-6:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter

FRIDAY, July 21

3:00-4:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World
3:00-4:00pm Cryptozoic booth #115 – Street Fighter
5:00-6:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter

SATURDAY, July 22

11:00am-12:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World
11:00am-12:00pm NSURGO booth #4529 – Street Fighter
1:00-2:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Jeffrey ”Chamba" Cruz, Artist, UDON Entertainment
2:00-3:00pm UDON booth #4529 – Street Fighter
4:00-5:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter
5:30-6:30pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World

SUNDAY, July 23

11:00am-12:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter 30th Anniversary
Long Vo, Artist, UDON Entertainment
1:00-2:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Jeffrey ”Chamba" Cruz, Artist, UDON Entertainment

With this many Capcom activities going on, it'll be hard to leave the Capcom booth! And for the folks at home, follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up with the inevitably awesome selection of Capcom cosplayers we'll find as well as other goings on from the show floor.
SOURCE-
http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh...comic-con-2017

Vanish

thanks guys. Here's to hoping Capcom does ACTUAL character trailers for the rest of the cast. I don't get why they do it for Street Fighter 5 but not Marvel.

Neoxon

Ryce's list is completely 95% accurate. We have evidence backing that one (called Gamora, Jedah, and Thanos long before their reveals), though there is some doubt behind Antman.

The ZIP leak is right with it. It called very specific details about the E3 trailer and story demo (Thanos having a bound model, both Dahren Mohran and a Strider Grandmaster appearing) despite coming out almost a week earlier. It also predicted a character we eventually saw via variant cover (Dormammu). The only conflict between the two leaks is that Antman is missing from this one despite being more complete than Ryce's.

Between these two leaks, this is the speculated launch roster (with stars next to the newcomers):

Ryu
Chun-Li
Chris
Nemesis
X*
Zero
Arthur
Firebrand
Morrigan
Jedah*
Strider Hiryu
Grandmaster Meio*
Dante
Spencer
Monster Hunter*
Haggar
Frank West

Iron Man
Ultron*
Captain America
Winter Soldier*
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye
Captain Marvel*
Gamora*
Rocket Raccoon
Spider-man
Venom
Nova
Thanos
Doctor Strange
Dormammu
Ghost Rider
I'm still not so sure about Winter Soldier being on the base roster. It's entirely possible, but he just seems like the kind of character who could end up being DLC rather than Ant-Man (though it could really go either way). As for Grandmaster Meio, you'd think that they would have hyped him up like they did for Gamora if he was playable.

Seems like the effort was really half-assed for Marvel in general. Like, you'd think Capcom would be going a lot harder for a game they're hoping to be the next big thing. Everything just seems so dry.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I wanna be surprised.

Neoxon

I'm looking forward to seeing the Winter Soldier and Dormammu.
Venom is DLC along w/ Panther and Sigma, correct?
Venom's a veteran, so him being DLC is unlikely unless he's Season 2 (which would be weird considering that he was in the .zip leak).

JAXXX

Why do people keep thinking that Venom will be DLC when they've said all six characters are new to the franchise?

i kept seeing that posted everywhere but knowing he maybe base roster is really good news for me.
Also i didn't know all 6 would be new but that's awesome too

Lungless

Neo Member
I'm predicting that the DLC will be like so:

Capcom:

1. Sigma
2. Grandmaster Meio
3. Lady or Rashid

Marvel:
1. Black Panther
2. Winter Soldier
3. Daredevil (?)

I'm thinking that Ant-Man probably did get the Doc Ock treatment.

Jawmuncher

I doubt Venom is DLC but I still stand by the possibility.

I'm predicting that the DLC will be like so:

Capcom:

1. Sigma
2. Grandmaster Meio
3. Lady or Rashid

Marvel:
1. Black Panther
2. Winter Soldier
3. Daredevil (?)

I'm thinking that Ant-Man probably did get the Doc Ock treatment.

Only think about having lady is whether or not Marvel is keeping parity when it comes to female picks. Thus far they are, but I'm curious if that'll change.
If hunter is a female that would be the biggest indicator that perhaps parity isn't needed and has just been a coincidence.

Coda

I doubt Venom is DLC but I still stand by the possibility.

Only think about having lady is whether or not Marvel is keeping parity when it comes to female picks. Thus far they are, but I'm curious if that'll change.
If hunter is a female that would be the biggest indicator that perhaps parity isn't needed and has just been a coincidence.

I doubt Lady would be in the game at all, but I'd love to be wrong! I just don't think Capcom believes her to be a popular character. But hell Jedah is in the game so anything is possible.

Neoxon

I doubt Lady would be in the game at all, but I'd love to be wrong! I just don't think Capcom believes her to be a popular character. But hell Jedah is in the game so anything is possible.
The main reason why Lady is being discussed more is because of Dante losing all of his Kalina Ann moves.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
As long as things aren't locked down like the Marvel Studios panel, someone may Periscope stream the panels.

Oh great low quality potato cam footage.... i wish they would finally stream their shit.

Coda

The main reason why Lady is being discussed more is because of Dante losing all of his Kalina Ann moves.

True, that is a good point. I mean damn if Lady, Venom, and Gene are in the game I would have way too many teams I'd have to decide on.

Right now the teams I am going to play are:
Dante/Jedah or Dante/Venom

Lungless

Neo Member
I just realized; we haven't seen anything of Morrigan in the story mode. Maybe she travels with Spidey or something because that would be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom