• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Really hope there's another RE crossover stage because that shit is just depressing from a fanservice perspective. Unlike Mega Man, RE isn't making up for a weak stage with 3 good reps.

Gamora and Spidey both look damn good. They look like they have some absolutely relentless rushdown options.

Glad that Frank's coming back with his level up mechanic preserved. It's a great unique idea for a character

kirblar

i know i maybe late but have you guys seen any explanation from Capcom for the button layout change?
Maybe because i'm so use to the UMVC3 layout but i prefer it over the MVCI demo layout.
It's a necessity of simplifying the control scheme to avoid DP motions.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Bruh, Nemesis is huuuge.

2017-07-2117_39_15-ma4gpkv.png

i know i maybe late but have you guys seen any explanation from Capcom for the button layout change?
Maybe because i'm so use to the UMVC3 layout but i prefer it over the MVCI demo layout.

What's the current layout? MvC2 style? Maybe there will be an option for MvC layout.

Neoxon

The PlayStation YouTube page's thumbnail is....interesting.

hqdefault.jpg

Marvel NYC X Final Fight/Street Fighter Metro City, perhaps?

EDIT: Scratch that, there's also a higher-res image

MVCI_1707_Spider-Man_002_1500627722-1152x648.png

It could be a new stage, but it could also be just story leading up to A.I.M.brella.

JeTmAn81

Yo these Gamora and Spidey loops in the IGN video.

Legit some of the best combos we've seen.

Yeah Spidey seems to able to loop that jump sequence at least 3x. I wished they'd put someone on Nemesis and Haggar who knows how to play, though. Also, no lariat from Haggar yet. That better be in because lariat, tag, combo is a godlike defensive option.

Huh, so Frank is voiced by his OG voice actor and not the one that replaced him in Dead Rising 4. That's pretty cool.

Lol fucking capcom. "Throw some Umbrella logos and we can call it an RE stage"

Wouldn't the tubes with genetic experiments in them be an RE thing? Outside of MODOK there's not really much AIM about that stage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
From the other thread: VG24/7 Preview

Also clarification on the Mind Stone's Infinity Surge from the author of that article:
It's a hard knockdown followed by a stun state that basically works like a Street Fighter dizzy state - they stand stunned for a few moments with stars around their head and you can then capitalize on that to set up something bigger (like using the downtime to drop Frank's tripod ready to photograph a combo, for instance). It's a command grab, so it can't be teched, not even by another Mind Stone, I think.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Capcom rep needs to stop letting Max win :3

Pompadour

character select isn't representative of the in game models.

So do we think her face has been updated or is this a new SFV Ken temporary shared hallucination thing?

Also, do the character select icons change if the player color changes? If not, would it break the bank if Capcom hired an artist to sketch up character portraits to be used in the AI? The problems with character faces would be less obvious with that.

Jawmuncher

Huh, so Frank is voiced by his OG voice actor and not the one that replaced him in Dead Rising 4. That's pretty cool.

Wouldn't the tubes with genetic experiments in them be an RE thing? Outside of MODOK there's not really much AIM about that stage.

Maybe something happens there in the story, so they figured that's enough and nothing special is needed outside of it.

I'm finding these mash-up stages very weak.

The stage is weak as hell. Unless your idea of RE is generic laboratory. You take out the logos and you wouldn't even know it's an RE stage. Hell no one knew it was an RE stage until they said it was.

DFRTp8ZV0AEMvxb

DFRSb6mUAAAlZ-3

Hopefully there's more to this area in story mode than just Nemesis coming out of a tube. The huge modok in the middle is where they fucked up the most. Why couldn't it be Modok with an RE character or something. Just to help say it's an actual crossover stage.

It's a dumb thing to be held up on, but RE is the biggest reason I'm here and thus far it's representation here is garbage. Best thing it has so far is RCS back as chris.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Marvel NYC X Final Fight/Street Fighter Metro City, perhaps?

EDIT: Scratch that, there's also a higher-res image

MVCI_1707_Spider-Man_002_1500627722-1152x648.png

It could be a new stage, but it could also be just story leading up to A.I.M.brella.

I think it's CGI video for Story Mode but it would be awesome if we are getting Hell's Kitchen/Marvel NYC x Final Fight Metro City tho!

I found it cool that we can see AIMbrella in background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom