• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

So why wouldn't they just add M. Bison who's been higher on the polls for years?
Because maybe someone on the dev team likes Gill? There doesn't need to be a logical reason for choosing Gill specifically -- I just wouldn't be surprised to see a Street Fighter villain, and we know that Gill very nearly made the cut for the previous MvC. He's also not playable in SFV (yet), and his inclusion would help differentiate the two rosters.

Jawmuncher

I said especially for Marvel. You want a Capcom prediction of who will never it tho?

Because it's real easy...

Also it's weird that you guys want ppl from 5, which isn't even 2 years old and is still actively played (in fact it's the top game on tournaments) over a character from 3.

Personally I don't want SF since they already got a fighting game full of them.
But i'm camp Juri if we had to see another SF character. Give you a female and a anti-hero/villain depending on which version they choose.

Because maybe someone on the dev team likes Gill? There doesn't need to be a logical reason for choosing Gill specifically -- I just wouldn't be surprised to see a Street Fighter villain, and we know that Gill very nearly made the cut for the previous MvC. He's also not playable in SFV (yet), and his inclusion would help differentiate the two rosters.

But he almost made it into MVC3 when Nitsuma and co were on the game. Apparently none of them are even touching this one. So I wonder if such cuts are even being considered still.
I'd think said group on the game now is more starting with their own slate if anything. Since we're getting stuff like Monster Hunter who by MVC3 info was a no chance in hell character back then.

JayEH

Next Year DLC should be Gill, Donovan, and Meio to piss off everyone here.

He's coming tho. I meant in term of no brainer inclusion in the future. I'm pretty sure they already inked him on one of those road map.

I hope so I can't believe he hasn't made it yet.

Street Fighter is the most popular series in the game without a villain (Monster Hunter doesn't count!), and up until now it's been the most represented Capcom series in each of the Vs. games. Adding Gill would give both Street Fighter and Mega Man two heroes and a villain.
Hox9ujz_d.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I said especially for Marvel. You want a Capcom prediction of who will never it tho?

Because it's real easy...

Also it's weird that you guys want ppl from 5, which isn't even 2 years old and is still actively played (in fact it's the top game on tournaments) over a character from 3.

That's weird that you didn't think about C. Viper whom made to MVC3 roster which is like two years after SFIV's debut.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's weird that you didn't think about C. Viper whom made to MVC3 roster which is like two years after SFIV made it's debut.

But I did. I'm actually with Munch in this overall, if I was in charge there would be no more SF chars. Hell there would be no SF5 chars at all, they have their own game damn it >_<

Also that Juri picture is barely SFW:p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
But I did

Then do you realize that it was just nonsense right? The developers would do whatever they wants with the characters. It don't matters how old the characters are, at long they prove something unique and interesting to the battle.

I'm okay with Gill being in the game. He's pretty much Phoenix function at the point! :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Then do you realize that it was just nonsense right? The developers would do whatever they wants with the characters. It don't matters how old the characters are, at long they prove something unique and interesting to the battle.

I'm okay with Gill being in the game. He's pretty much Phoenix function at the point! :p

I'm not saying anything about the developers or their reasons. I said I think it's weird ppl (us, the players, the viewers) since they can play/watch them in another modern game. It's just my opinion dude, this isn't even a discussion, its opinion lol. I think it's weird, you don't.

I also think it's weird people like pineapple on pizza.

Oh and for the record, I don't care who makes it in or doesn't. Do I have preferences? Sure. But I'm not fussed either way, especially before I play the characters. I learned that one from MH, where there was a bunch if heroes I initially went "ewww that one?" Because I didn't care for them in the comics and then their gameplay was great and they became faves.

Rhaknar

IMO Juri's SFV Outfit is her best look. Beside's she'd totally get either or as a DLC costume.

You only say that because you play on PC with dem Juri mods, I'm on to you :3

I don't even remember Gill in SF3 tbh. I know he ressurects and is half red and half blue... that's it :p

Gonna check some Gill videos now actually.

Edit: oh yeah he had the whole fire and ice theme. Dat angel wing super tho, there's your level 3 right there :p

Lulubop

onder if they'll show the next characters at tgs. I don't think Marvel is gonna add another 3 dudes. I don't think Meio, Venom, or Gil wil be DLC. At least for this batch

Jawmuncher

onder if they'll show the next characters at tgs. I don't think Marvel is gonna add another 3 dudes. I don't think Meio, Venom, or Gil wil be DLC. At least for this batch

It would be interesting if plans changed from the little we know of the Zip Leak. We are missing a Capcom character technically and it's not out of the realm of possibility for Venom or Winter Soldier to push back. With a Marvel female rep getting the fast track into Season 1 to help with the whole lack of female characters and the maybe it's there maybe it's not parity rule.

JayEH

They're demoing Sigma and black panther there so I imagine that will be the focus. Japan also doesn't give a fuck about marvel so I don't see any major news coming out.

The Story mode video I was watching got taken down. :(

There's quite a lot of 1v1 and 2v1's in the story mode. I wonder if a 1v1 or Skullgirls style team selection mode might be coming

Lulubop

They're demoing Sigma and black panther there so I imagine that will be the focus. Japan also doesn't give a fuck about marvel so I don't see any major news coming out.

I know, that's why I wonder. I mean they're demoing those characters at TGS in the first place, so why wouldn't they show more.

I just don't see how Venom is new when Thanos isn't and I'm pretty sure they've labeled Thanos as returning. If it's agent Venom or some shit that's such wack ass cop out.

Rhaknar

Not to be a dick, but if I was a betting man, I would bet that they don't give 2 fucks about how many females are in the game. Much less minorities.

Anth0ny

Marvel vs. capcom infinite

Guts brackets!

This information is based on hitting characters with Nova’s stand HK until they die, counting the damage and observing the scaling. This is not official Capcom information.

Bracket 1 [~9,000 Health]
Arthur
Chun Li
Morrigan
Rocket Raccoon
Spiderman
Strider Hiryu
X
Zero

Bracket 2 [~10,000 Health]
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Chris Redfield
Dante
Doctor Strange
Dormammu
Firebrand
Frank West (Lvl 1)
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Iron Man
Jedah
Nova
Ryu
Spencer
Ultron

Bracket 3 [~11,000 Health]
Haggar
Hulk
Nemesis
Thanos
Thor

Credits to

Streamed and tested by LI Joe
Compiled here by CharityLegion .
Additional documentation by BTide here.

Thanks for the data! All makes sense to me. Happy it doesn't look like anyone is a stupidly low health glass canon, nor does anyone have a dumb amount of health.

JayEH

The Story mode video I was watching got taken down. :(

There's quite a lot of 1v1 and 2v1's in the story mode. I wonder if a 1v1 or Skullgirls style team selection mode might be coming

Did you get to see the hunter?
I know, that's why I wonder. I mean they're demoing those characters at TGS in the first place, so why wouldn't they show more.

I just don't see how Venom is new when Thanos isn't and I'm pretty sure they've labeled Thanos as returning. If it's agent Venom or some shit that's such wack ass cop out.

Ryce posted a couple pages back that it seems like they do consider Thanos new.

Not to be a dick, but if I was a betting man, I would bet that they don't give 2 fucks about how many females are in the game. Much less minorities.

Of course. These characters are just functions :p

Rhaknar

Why do we have so many ppl in the thread with the game now and no reports on the online?

As far as I know its up and running.

Jawmuncher

Marvel should be caring when they do stuff like Women of Power and all the recent things they try to teach in a lot of their latest comics.

It was terrible quality, and I was worried it might get taken down/I'd break some sort of rule by posting it if I did. Sorry.

If we're speculating again, here's my predictions

Valkanda Pack
Monster Hunter, Black Panther, Valkanda Gates stage

Xgard pack
Sigma, Loki (maybe Female Loki?)/Hela/other Thor character,Abel City II Stage

New Metro City Pack
Venom/Winter Soldier (both fit) or maybe a Defender, Gill? Symbiote Invasion stage

or
Death Pack
Death,
Lady,
Death's "Stage" from the cinematic that I never got to see if it was an actual Story mode stage because I got cut off

Yes, I did get to see the Hunter. She was pretty cool. Hope she appears again in later parts but I doubt it.

hmm...I don't know if I can get this to work but I'll see what I can do about showing the footage

I hate how she's so much more... buxom in SFV for no reason.
100% agree. Juri's aesthetic was being very sleek and petite except her calves, which were emphasized to both highlight her kicks and balance her largely modeled feet.

She still has a sleek outfit now, but her implants ruin the very slender silhouette she used to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom