• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

And yet you want another one.

This
270803151100_3bigzwkr8.jpg

is not this
capturez2jl9.png

I need a REAL dino crisis 3.
Or a reboot since the series basically needs it at this point.

Does it mean anything for the "MODOK is in the Stage files" theory when STORY/(Stage?)spoilers
Mohran is in the second Valkanda stage yet was in the art/.zip files?

function joke doesnt work here since they were both in games together >_>
That was a different, purer time.

Though I wonder if they'll shake things up a bit for him if they do decide to include him? He has to be an armoured monster and have insanely good grounded ways to close the gap.

I'd say it would be coming with the DLC. Something like

Valkanda Pack
Black Panther, Monster Hunter,
Palace Gates?
stage, Evil Ryu costume

if there's not a mixup and it is actually in the game. What stages ARE in the game, anyway?

FSLink

Banned
Same reason some story stages aren't playable outside of story mode in SFV. Just don't ask me what is it because I have no idea.

Some of the story mode stages in SFV have performance issues if I recall right. But some of them don't so who knows.

Ryce

Same reason some story stages aren't playable outside of story mode in SFV. Just don't ask me what is it because I have no idea.
There are a handful of story mode stages that aren't selectable in SFV, but this appears to be the only stage that can't be chosen in MvCI. It's weird.

tribal24

Banned
There are a handful of story mode stages that aren't selectable in SFV, but this appears to be the only stage that can't be chosen in MvCI. It's weird.

maybe it couldn't fit the stage select screen or something. Either way people would complain.

Jawmuncher

Overall it's kind of nice to see the reception of the game has turned more positive. I mean it's not a total 180 or anything. But this week even outside this thread has looked a bit better for the game. Especially thanks to the early streaming from pros and such. There's no fixing the base roster and the lack of newcomers but hopefully by this time next year that won't even be a point worth talking about if they DLC schedule is kept on track and we see the big returnees and more highly fan-requested characters.

I do wonder what feedback they'll take when we see the next iteration of MVC though. IMO the biggest feedback would be Presentation. Since that would encompass the style and things like having good faces/renders from the get-go. Then of course so long as there's no more fuckery from now and until then ban wuse. Xmen have to be on the base roster. That's probably the biggest complaint I see from really casual fans.

Ryce

What stages ARE in the game, anyway?
A.I.M.brella - Control Room
A.I.M.brella - Laboratory Pathway
Abel City - Sigma's Lab
Avengers Tower - Briefing Room
Avengers Tower - Lab
Dark Kingdom - Heart of Chaos
Dark Kingdom - Wastelands
Knowmoon - Gravitron Core
Knowmoon - Walkway
New Metro City - Crossroads
New Metro City - Downtown
Unknown - Training Chamber
Valkanda - Plains
Xgard - Bifrost Bridge
Xgard - Throne Room
Xgard - Underground Prison

Jawmuncher

Even if the stage is very uninteresting when it comes to being a crossover with Resident Evil. I'm glad there's a version of Aimbrella I can play without Modok taking up the whole background.

A.I.M.brella - Control Room
A.I.M.brella - Laboratory Pathway
Abel City - Sigma's Lab
Avengers Tower - Briefing Room
Avengers Tower - Lab
Dark Kingdom - Heart of Chaos
Dark Kingdom - Wastelands
Knowmoon - Gravitron Core
Knowmoon - Walkway
New Metro City - Crossroads
New Metro City - Downtown
Unknown - Training Chamber
Valkanda - Plains
Xgard - Bifrost Bridge
Xgard - Throne Room
Xgard - Underground Prison

Is it....just coinicidence that Valkanda (Black Panther/Monster Hunter), Abel City (Sigma) only have a single stage in the game? Or something more?

I wonder if the Story mode
BOWs
will be remodeled into
either Winter Soldier or Agent Venom
Seems like a decent fit. Hope I'm wrong about the last one. The first one would need more work though the
Supers
would fit both

Dahbomb

Have people done health/vitality tests yet?
Yeah I saw some lists going around. Chun Li and Zero in 9k HP bracket which seems to be lowest in the game right.

What's more interesting is the guts HP. Someone posted it but I hope to look at it again. The guts scaling is definitely substantial, that means that it's possible that two 60% combos might not actually kill.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no ToD's without Power Storm and 3 bars so far right?

Dahbomb

no ToD's without Power Storm and 3 bars so far right?
Nope. I think highest I have seen is Captain Marvel with 3 bars and most people seem to think that the scaling on her lvl3 is wack. Might be a unique case there.

Characters are topping out at around 7k solo combo damage.

Raijinken

Anyone know if there are screenshots of all 4 colours for Morrigan and Jedah anywhere? Also is there a video out there that shows all of Jedah's moveset?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Have people done health/vitality tests yet?

Marvel vs. capcom infinite

Guts brackets!

This information is based on hitting characters with Nova's stand HK until they die, counting the damage and observing the scaling. This is not official Capcom information.

Bracket 1 [~9,000 Health]
Arthur
Chun Li
Morrigan
Rocket Raccoon
Spiderman
Strider Hiryu
X
Zero

Bracket 2 [~10,000 Health]
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Chris Redfield
Dante
Doctor Strange
Dormammu
Firebrand
Frank West (Lvl 1)
Gamora
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Iron Man
Jedah
Nova
Ryu
Spencer
Ultron

Bracket 3 [~11,000 Health]
Haggar
Hulk
Nemesis
Thanos
Thor

Credits to

Streamed and tested by LI Joe
Compiled here by CharityLegion .
Additional documentation by BTide here.

Overall it's kind of nice to see the reception of the game has turned more positive. I mean it's not a total 180 or anything. But this week even outside this thread has looked a bit better for the game. Especially thanks to the early streaming from pros and such. There's no fixing the base roster and the lack of newcomers but hopefully by this time next year that won't even be a point worth talking about if they DLC schedule is kept on track and we see the big returnees and more highly fan-requested characters.

I do wonder what feedback they'll take when we see the next iteration of MVC though. IMO the biggest feedback would be Presentation. Since that would encompass the style and things like having good faces/renders from the get-go. Then of course so long as there's no more fuckery from now and until then ban wuse. Xmen have to be on the base roster. That's probably the biggest complaint I see from really casual fans.
We'll see how people really feel when the reviews are released. I'm still expecting a majority of "Fuck this game" sentiment from casual fans.

Compiled by a gaffer eh? That's pretty rad. I gotta say, those were probably some of the most exciting HKs I've ever seen. Everyone watching Joe's stream was on the forefront of new marvel goodness!

vala

Something interesting is that almost nobody from the MvsC3 team worked on this, only one programmer, one illustrator and some of the audio staff.
Niitsuma doesn't appear, but Hiroyuki Nara (supervisor of the models and animation of Mvc3 and director of Ultimate), is there, on the special thanks...
Nobody is credited as Art Director...
Bengus is credited as character designer under his real name, Naoto Kuroshima!
Also, i believe this is the first time Capcom outsources the graphics to so many different companies. That would explain the inconsistency...

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Something interesting is that almost nobody from the MvsC3 team worked on this, only one programmer, one illustrator and some of the audio staff.
Niitsuma doesn't appear, but Hiroyuki Nara (supervisor of the models and animation of Mvc3 and director of Ultimate), is there, on the special thanks...
Nobody is credited as Art Director...
Bengus is credited as character designer under his real name, Naoto Kuroshima!
Also, i believe this is the first time Capcom outsources the graphics to so many different companies. That would explain the inconsistency...

Wow! I couldn't tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom