• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please try out my MVCI Android guide app beta. It's just got the movelists and some systems explanations for now but I'd like to add more later. The graphics are pretty lol now too as I had official artwork in there but had to take it out due to copyright. I had to make up an extremely basic logo quickly as a replacement.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mvciguide

Let me know what you think!

Sure! I'll test it for ya!

Well, I've developed it using React Native means I can easily generate an iOS version, but I can't quite afford the $100 licensing fee to put it on that platform. So we'll see in the future.

Yeah I actually hate that. As someone whose made his own app, I found the IOS process to be horrible. Android far much easier and free!!

JeTmAn81

Sure! I'll test it for ya!

Yeah I actually hate that. As someone whose made his own app, I found the IOS process to be horrible. Android far much easier and free!!

Thanks muchly!

I've definitely been turned off by my experiences developing for Apple's platforms. It's $100 per year. Android is actually not free anymore to publish to the store, but it's still much cheaper at a single $25 lifetime fee.

Thanks muchly!

I've definitely been turned off by my experiences developing for Apple's platforms. It's $100 per year. Android is actually not free anymore to publish to the store, but it's still much cheaper at a single $25 lifetime fee.

Wow I didnt know that... but yeah, 25 is much more easy on the pockets. Hmmm... I already been a android developer so I wonder if I got to pay that cost now.

Anyway! I love inside the guides of the character. Easily readable and accessible. The only real complaint I have is that I wish the UI had better graphics. I can easily see this being used frequently.

sinkfla87

Thanks muchly!

Hey I'm testing your app too! Looking good.

JeTmAn81

Wow I didnt know that... but yeah, 25 is much more easy on the pockets. Hmmm... I already been a android developer so I wonder if I got to pay that cost now.

Anyway! I love inside the guides of the character. Easily readable and accessible. The only real complaint I have is that I wish the UI had better graphics. I can easily see this being used frequently.

Yeah, I was pretty annoyed I had to take everything out for a free app (no ads, either). It seems like there are several other bogus apps on the store that have official artwork in there but they made it through somehow.

Here's what it looks like with the better graphics. I just put a flag in the app that lets me toggle the graphics set so I can still build a version with those graphics, just can't put it on the store.

IhSYlHs.png

Yeah, I was pretty annoyed I had to take everything out for a free app (no ads, either). It seems like there are several other bogus apps on the store that have official artwork in there but they made it through somehow.

Here's what it looks like with the better graphics. I just put a flag in the app that lets me toggle the graphics set so I can still build a version with those graphics, just can't put it on the store.

IhSYlHs.png

Nice! Man that blows. I didnt even think about that. I like how you got them color coded red and blue as well. Nice touch!

IhSYlHs.png
Dante looks very, gentlemanly? Stern? He doesn't come off looking wild from that pic.

Dahbomb

LMAO the puke drawback is completely negated from Frank's drinking move by just tagging out!

Frank looks better and better in this game every time I see him.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
LMAO the puke drawback is completely negated from Frank's drinking move by just tagging out!

Frank looks better and better in this game every time I see him.

Frank West is pretty solid characters this time for me. I already had a plan for him in a certain team. Hopefully it would works out at the end.

Hey Pad Warrior, do you have any kinda tips for control schemes? I remember us talking about the Fighting Commander. Trying to set my controls up for MVCI. Not used to fighting pads and not sure how I set up the buttons.
Right now with the demo I've been using the default scheme. Seems to be working so far. But man really wish I had a training mode.

Weiss

Banned
I gotta say, the streams have done a great job in getting me interested in this game again.

I'm not gonna buy it new, I want to see where the DLC will take the roster, but it's on my radar.

Ryce

I noticed quite a few SFV names in the credits. I'm guessing the in-house staff that worked on SFV moved to MvCI after the game shipped, with a smaller crew sticking around for SFV DLC.

DrDogg

Do we know how to unlock everything yet? I know Color 3 is story mode (arcade mode?). Do we know color 4 (assuming story mode a second time) or the stages?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Team Darkstalkers(Morrigan/Jedah) Combos, Resets, and Setups by Christ G

Alioune has got some sick Dante and Dorm stuff on his twitter.

jesus fuck those Morrigan combos.

ChrisG is already making me feel like not wanting to play the game... ill never be that good ;_;

he's still a scumbag

Do we know how to unlock everything yet? I know Color 3 is story mode (arcade mode?). Do we know color 4 (assuming story mode a second time) or the stages?

both colors arcade (and apparently also by playing online?)

stages via story mode.

I gotta say, the streams have done a great job in getting me interested in this game again.

I'm not gonna buy it new, I want to see where the DLC will take the roster, but it's on my radar.

That's good.

Be careful though. When I said I could wait on getting the game here people took offense to it.

There better be a toggle for old themes once you beat it with the OGs. I surprisingly am down with a lot of the new ones but I need me some Captain theme

Ryce

In the mission list, X and Jedah come before Ryu, and Ultron, Gamora, Thanos, and Captain Marvel come before Iron Man. It seems like Capcom considers Thanos an "all-new" character, justifying Venom's presence in the character pass.

Jawmuncher

Beat Dark Void.

Nothing there that would be good for MvC:I.
I honestly might go as far as to say it's capcom's worst game in their catalog from what i've played.
Nah I take that back. Dino Crisis 3 is still worse but it's close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom