• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Dormammu guide is so bad. It doesn't even show all of his moves. o_O

I'm actually thinking about skipping the game just because the control scheme is so bad. LP, HP, LK, and HK inputs for one move? Egh and ugh.

FSLink

Banned

I'm actually thinking about skipping the game just because the control scheme is so bad. LP, HP, LK, and HK inputs for one move? Egh and ugh.

I mean Ryu's skips over his freaking Shoryuken, these are meant for absolute beginners dude.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Is that Strider Funko a new costume? Everyone else seems to be alt costumes.

While I do think control scheme a quite a bit worse than Marvel 3's at the end of the day you'll get used to it.

FSLink

Banned
https://twitter.com/RayRay19wun/status/908449449785024512

lol this Arthur combo. Can't wait to see more of the little dude.

While I do think control scheme a quite a bit worse than Marvel 3's at the end of the day you'll get used to it.

Agreed. I definitely think it's worse for beginners, and leads to some awkward button mapping like I've said before, but we'll adapt. Plus for those of us who have played similar button schemes (KoF, Mahvel 2, etc) it won't take too long to adjust.

A control scheme you can customize though
Not in any way that's helpful. I mean, I guess I could program all 4 inputs along the top, rofl. But that...lol. It's just too dumb to think about seriously.

I mean Ryu's skips over his freaking Shoryuken, these are meant for absolute beginners dude.
I think it makes more sense for them to show all the moves instead of show an "advanced" combo.

Also, I'm really surprised they recommended the mind gem for Dormammu.

It's not whether I can get used to it. It's whether I want to permanently deprogram my muscle memory from Marvel 3. I won't be able to switch between the two Dormammu's at all.

FSLink

Banned
It's not whether I can get used to it. It's whether I want to permanently deprogram my muscle memory from Marvel 3. I won't be able to switch between the two Dormammu's at all.

This is one reason why I'm hesitant to use Zero again. But eh I think I'll be able to switch just fine, and hardly anyone will play Marvel 3 in the near future anyway....

bubumiao

From bottom of the last page -> So do we know if Ultron Sigma is unlockable or..?

Also, what does a second version of dark kingdom stage confirm regarding the leak?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Stream's gonna be Harrison and Mike D, in case y'all expected anything else.

Are they? Because they've already reused some gems like Spencer and Iron Man with Reality Stone.

They're going by groups of six.

From bottom of the last page -> So do we know if Ultron Sigma is unlockable or..?

Also, what does a second version of dark kingdom stage confirm regarding the leak?

Ultron Sigma is not unlockable as far as we know.
The second version confirms that the images we have from the full game are from the full game.

NotLiquid

They're just cycling through the gems.

They're usually presented as recommendations though. Morrigan had Soul as the recommended since that basically gives you three characters to control rather than two. Spencer's is Reality because he can cross-up with projectiles and drag opponents or himself into Infinity Storm beam followups. Cap gets Power because he doesn't have a wall bounce in his repertoire, etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

he was the first DLC character announced in the very first trailer for the game

vala

So a lot of the bad faces were probably indeed new hires

Not really! Only a few Capcom employees worked on the models. Most of it was outsourced to a lot of companies...
Here are the names from Capcom:
G0pY1NF.png

Lead modeler:
Nobuhiko Honda (former Sonic team artist)
Modelers:
Masanori Kondo
Tadashi Noyama
Keisuke Motozono
Nobumasa Kagawa (This person actually works for Neuron-Age)
Gin Nakahira (New employee?)

As you can see, some of the previous works of these guys are very good, so i blame the outsourcing for the quality of the ugly stuff...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mike D is playing Spidey for those that wanted Spider-Man stuff

People talking about characters who aren't as good looking right now, don't forget Capcom and Marvel are treating this game as a service. I expect more patches than in Marvel 3. I fully expect to see many buffs and nerfs in the coming months.

Also are we really shipping without "Gonna take ya for a ride"!?

NotLiquid

I might actually finally play Spider-Man now that his commands aren't so obtuse

I've always liked how he looks and feels but his execution barrier felt too high for the kind of character he is

FSLink

Banned
Why did they take away Ryu's ability to aim the kamehameha

I thought he do? if you are talking about level 1?

He can.

I might actually finally play Spider-Man now that his commands aren't so obtuse

I've always liked how he looks and feels but his execution barrier felt too high for the kind of character he is

His combos still look tricky in this. I don't think they'll be as crazy as the double plinking web throw stuff in 3 but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom