• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulubop

q9Oj14g.jpg

It's definitely legit. Straight from Story Mode. (Confirmed by someone who got early game)

Looks better than anything in this game by a wide margin

bubumiao

According to the PSN store it includes: Warrior Thor, Evil Ryu, Gladiator Hulk, Command Mission MMX premium costumes, exclusive PS4 theme, the base game, and the Character Pass

Note - it says Character Pass, NOT Season Pass, which is what is sold on Gamestop's website for $30.

Edit - I don't know what the Season Pass includes. But I'm still buying it, as it will likely be cheaper than buying all the crap individually.
The deluxe should include all the crap season 1 pass includes. I'm trying to get as much content as possible in one package so I got the deluxe from best buy for $76 and some change. I'm not buying a season pass on top of that, that'd be bullshit.

Durden77

So to catch up with the last few pages...

-These costumes look awesome. Cannot wait to see them in game.

-Wow Monster Hunter looks legit excellent. I'm hoping that with her looking so good, better than the average character in this game, that she may be representative of stuff we may see with the day 1 patch. But not getting my hopes up.

-CLASSIC MARVEL THEMES?!?!?! PLEASE let us use these in game my god. Don't even understand how much I would love that and how important that is to this game feeling like another one in the legacy.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The deluxe should include all the crap season 1 pass includes. I'm trying to get as much content as possible in one package so I got the deluxe from best buy for $76 and some change. I'm not buying a season pass on top of that, that'd be bullshit.

Character Pass 2017 is basically Season Pass with different name.

vala

Also, while there was a lot of outsourcing to smaller companies (like every major game made these days), Capcom was telling the truth about this being developed in-house. There's no major partner studio like Eighting or Dimps listed in the credits.

Yeah, they did all the game design and programming in-house, but there are something like 20+ companies doing the graphics. And the lead 3d modeler is a former Sonic team artist. Ughh.... It seems the main responsibles for the models are Streamline Studios and Virtuos, which have a lot a chinese employees...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this Honzo Gonzo Gamora combo ;_;

noob ass first impression, characters that seem at the very least decent and will see play early on:

Dormammu
Ultron
Gamora
Chun Li
Jedah
Carol
Strider
Zero

Maybe / Probably somewhat

Thanos
Nova
X
Morrigan

That sound about right?

all the ones I want to play are not on that list LOL

JacoTheDex

Neo Member
Maybe I missed it but some of the soundtrack has been posted (thanks to Akiller for linking me)

Jedah theme - https://youtu.be/oWHXIZJeZgQ

Morrigan theme - https://youtu.be/gLqNbu2EXO8

Chris Theme - https://youtu.be/lCBQMZn4170

Jedah and Morrigan are good. Like the Techno and Jedah reminds me a bit of Juris SFV theme which I like. Chris theme is fucking trash though. All they did was slow down the RE5 Mercs song and its bland as hell. Should've kept with the techno aesthetic and given him rust in summer 08

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dnoLhyO-4S8

I'm loving Ryu's theme to be quite honest. Much better than his MvC3 theme:

https://youtu.be/rDxPVKlmL5E

bubumiao

noob ass first impression, characters that seem at the very least decent and will see play early on:

Dormammu
Ultron
Gamora
Chun Li
Jedah
Carol
Strider
Zero

Thanos
Nova
X
Morrigan

That sound about right?

Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange are missing from your lists.

Sup Gaf. I haven't really been on much lately. Anywho, have we deconfirmed that Reddit leak? Cause I could have swore we ruled it out because we thought Ultron Omega isn't in the arcade mode, which isn't the case.

Phillyrider807

Neo Member

Dormammu
Ultron
Gamora
Chun Li
Jedah
Carol
Strider
Zero

Thanos
Nova
X
Morrigan

That sound about right?

You forgot Dante and Nova is def gonna be good as well.

Thanos has some sick mixups but he seems to need a quick tri dash character to get the initial hit then tag into him to set him up.

Haggar
Hulk
Arthur

looks awful.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I leave for a couple of hours and everything blows up :|
This was one of the dumbest stuff the internet ranted about. Almost every game has their initial first few months DLC ready by launch.

Now all devs do is not add the finished DLC on the disc and boom no negative PR. While we have to waste time downloading character patches every time because stuff being "on disc" was evil.
See, this is a legitimate complaint about SFxT's treatment. At the end of the day it was all a matter of perception. That still doesn't follow that somehow that caused DLC prices to skyrocket.
Nice! Classic Chun~

Also gross, Funko

If these are any indication, it looks like the premium costumes will have their own set of colors.

UcNvQ2v.png
Neat, though that Gamora Costume is kinda blegh.
Apparently the arcade credits theme plays a remix of Captain America's and Spider Man's classic themes after the person beat it with them.

Skip to 36:18

Wish these were their actual themes. :/
Why couldn't those have been their actual themes tho...

Also, looking at the video, the lack of transition between the Ultron Sigma and final boss fights is a bit jarring.
Maybe I missed it but some of the soundtrack has been posted (thanks to Akiller for linking me)

Jedah theme - https://youtu.be/oWHXIZJeZgQ

Morrigan theme - https://youtu.be/gLqNbu2EXO8

Chris Theme - https://youtu.be/lCBQMZn4170

Jedah and Morrigan are good. Like the Techno and Jedah reminds me a bit of Juris SFV theme which I like. Chris theme is fucking trash though. All they did was slow down the RE5 Mercs song and its bland as hell. Should've kept with the techno aesthetic and given him rust in summer 08

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dnoLhyO-4S8
Yo, Jedah's theme is legit~

Also, while there was a lot of outsourcing to smaller companies (like every major game made these days), Capcom was telling the truth about this being developed in-house. There's no major partner studio like Eighting or Dimps listed in the credits.
Where's that one person that kept insisting this looked like all other Eighting games?
q9Oj14g.jpg

It's definitely legit. Straight from Story Mode. (Confirmed by someone who got early game)
Looks fairly good actually. Looking forward to seeing how she plays.

Hmm gamer verse...

Is this another multiverse or Marvel or Capcom?

GamerVerse is the line that gave us the Iron Man and X action figures from Target. Guess we should expect a lot of this stuff. Was Blue Venom Funko from GamerVerse?

Man....Annihilation/DnA Gamora and Conquest Ultron? That's tempting.
Too bad Strider didn't have an alt, but it might be because its his rebooted design with the Plasma Scarf and they just couldn't make that into a Pop.

....wait, could it be that "April Fools X" was...always planned to be in this game? That was April Fools 2016 right?

NotLiquid

Marvel vs. Capcom Youtube finally drop other batch of character tutorial videos.

Spencer

"Close family connections"

LOL

Not gonna lie though his new theme song is fucking hype. Way better than the last game. It reminds me a little bit of Simon Viklund's compositions for Rearmed, but the much more action-packed tension of it really would've suited his Rearmed design so well.

That advanced combo looks really good. I've also never considered that he can use the Reality Stone as something of a cross-up compared to other characters. He seems to synergize with that stone exceptionally well.

FSLink

Banned
You forgot Dante and Nova is def gonna be good as well.

Thanos has some sick mixups but he seems to need a quick tri dash character to get the initial hit then tag into him to set him up.

Haggar
Hulk
Arthur

looks awful.

Chris doesn't look great either.

Arthur looks like he has some stuff. His projectiles are pretty crazy in this one, good lock down super, and short hop aerials seem good?

Also in general:

Capcom side wins in music since the good Marvel themes are stuck in the credits.

But Marvel has the better looking characters. (Though Cap still kinda ugly and Tony looks weird in some shots when they show his face out of his suit.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh I like that second dark kingdom stage, its a bit barren, but the good kind of barren (as opposed to the knowhere hall for example or the avengers room), I mean it IS a barren wasteland. Looks good.

Lots of more stactic stages this time around so hopefully no excuse to use that fucking training stage in tournaments

edit: theres actually quite a bit of single player shit to do if you want to unlock everything, between the story mode for stages (and because it actually sounds kinda cool afterall), and all that arcade mode for the colors. Between that and the lab, probably wont jump online for awhile (unless its against friends for funsies sets and practice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom