• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockmanBN

Premium costume teases for Rocket, X, Gamora, and Ultron:

Looks like the TrueForce X Figure design.

S29DEkd.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Classic gamora with a leotard covering her body (which is what the funkpop seems to have) could pass for PG I guess

This was one of the dumbest stuff the internet ranted about. Almost every game has their initial first few months DLC ready by launch.

Now all devs do is not add the finished DLC on the disc and boom no negative PR. While we have to waste time downloading character patches every time because stuff being "on disc" was evil.

while most people that bother to rage about it online aren't thinking about it to such an extent, when you include evertyhing on disc, the only people that have access to it are hackers, which most people would say isn't a situation they want to be in

keeping things off disc means everyone suffers together. there should be no surprises that there's tons of complaining when some people have access to completed content and others don't

Don't give up hope, man.

Oh man. Can't wait to get my ass handed to me lol.

Okay, let's pretend I order my copy right the hell now.

You think they'll ship it out urrllyyy

Man I'm fiending for this game.

Unfortunately, most likely no, at this point you can probably only get release date shipping and that's with an extra delivery charge because Best Buy usually locks free release date shipping a week or change before the actual release date.

It seems like Best Buy sending out copies of games early could be a trend now because it's happened to me and to other people on gaf as well at least for PS4 games. The only bad thing (depends I guess) is that you might have to end up waiting until Tuesday for the preorder costume codes because those still follow the release date schedule I think.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That photo is Annihilation: Conquest Ultron, which I think is the reference.

youre right, AoU was the gold ultron. I havent read that shit in fucking ages, my bad fam.

We get these costumes in the SP?

Man I'll just cop that Deluxe if that's the case.

well the season pass is "6 premium costumes"

it never stated it was "6 premium costumes for the 6 dlc characters"

Neoxon

I'm liking the costumes. Gamora getting her classic outfit (albeit a censored version of it) is a bit surprising, but it's more than welcome. I was kinda expecting Black Vortex Gamora as a sort of compromise. Maybe this increases the chances of Carol's old black outfit from back when she was Ms. Marvel being a DLC costume.

Ohh. I'll reach for the Deluxe anyway. I thought about the Collectors but I'll cop that when it's on the cheap in a few months.

But I dunno. Digital is probably the fastest way to get the game right now.

OsirisBlack

Banned
youre right, AoU was the gold ultron. I havent read that shit in fucking ages, my bad fam.

well the season pass is "6 premium costumes"

it never stated it was "6 premium costumes for the 6 dlc characters"
I expect it to be for season pass characters just like SFV

Jawmuncher

So we potentially know 5 of the 6 costumes in the season pass?

Since the strider and Sigma funkos just look like their default designs and marvel is PS exclusive.

So season pass costumes are

Chun
Gamora
X
Ultron
Rocket

Unfortunately, most likely no, at this point you can probably only get release date shipping and that's with an extra delivery charge because Best Buy usually locks free release date shipping a week or change before the actual release date.

It seems like Best Buy sending out copies of games early could be a trend now because it's happened to me and to other people on gaf as well at least for PS4 games. The only bad thing (depends I guess) is that you might have to end up waiting until Tuesday for the preorder costume codes because those still follow the release date schedule I think.

This world ain't fair.

I ain't about this life.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Since the strider and Sigma funkos just look like their default designs and marvel is PS exclusive.

Chun
Gamora
X
Ultron
Rocket

No. those premium costumes are for DLC characters.

bubumiao

Crap I may need that season pass now lol

Yea, I know I'm going to break down one night....I'll have had one too many drinks, I'll be on a win streak or something, and be throwing all my money at the screen. Might as well get that out of the way early.

We get these costumes in the SP?

Man I'll just cop that Deluxe if that's the case.
What all comes with the deluxe? Seems like there's no way to get all the content (costumes) even with deluxe edition (season 1 anyhow).

Neoxon

Chun
Gamora
X
Ultron
Rocket
If I recall, the Premium Costumes in the Character Pass are for the 6 DLC characters, similar to how SFV handled the Battle Outfits included in each Character Pass.

nded

Good choice for a Chun alt. Would've been even better with her hair down.

Do we know if DLC costumes will at least have a 2P palette?

tariniel

Any word on native DirectInput support on the PC version?

I know SFV didn't have it at launch and I had to deal with joy2key for months. Not that it's hard to do, but I heard it adds additional input lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom