• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why Nemesis would be included. This is obviously just fiction, but it's an easy train of thought to follow from the perspective of the design team.

A.I.M. and Umbrella are similar, and we could merge them to form A.I.M.brella! But since this organization would only play a minor role in the story, we don’t want the leader to be a big bad like Wesker who’d take attention away from the main threat, so let’s go with M.O.D.O.K. And let’s give the Mental Organism the Mind Stone! It’s perfect! He’ll need some underlings to control… Nemesis exists to follow orders, he was in the previous game, and he fits the A.I.M.brella motif…

ah, I haven't been following what the devs themselves have been saying, and definitely haven't been following the story mode. So just seeing Nemesis there in the roster was random to me.

Lulubop

I can see why Nemesis would be included. This is obviously just fiction, but it's an easy train of thought to follow from the perspective of the design team.

A.I.M. and Umbrella are similar, and we could merge them to form A.I.M.brella! But since this organization would only play a minor role in the story, we don’t want the leader to be a big bad like Wesker who’d take attention away from the main threat, so let’s go with M.O.D.O.K. And let’s give the Mental Organism the Mind Stone! It’s perfect! He’ll need some underlings to control… Nemesis exists to follow orders, he was in the previous game, and he fits the A.I.M.brella motif…

I think it's more likely his function.

Nemesis was pretty random in Ultimate. Here he makes a bit of sense and he's already got a model and everything to bring over from the last game, but he really didn't make sense as far as relevance goes last go round. Not unlike Gill if he were to find his way into this game

Sounds like a lot of peeps are running Chun Li, good to see girl is getting work

FSLink

Banned

Yeah and then let's not make M.O.D.O.K playable.

:(

So yeah Chun looks like tons of fun. I loved how fast she was in 3 but her combos were awkward af. Here with her new tools it looks more fun for me. Definitely gonna try her out.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Okay, I'm going to throw my conspiracy theory on Monster Hunter. Why did we see her in the story mode but not Winter Solider and Venom.

I think it's plausible that it was Capcom's intention to have Monster Hunter and Ant-Man part of the base roster when Ant-Man got pushed back or potentially got shelved for good so Monster Hunter got pushed back as DLC character to keep the numbers of franchise parity. But again, there are Black Panther and Sigma.

JayEH

Okay, I'm going to throw my conspiracy theory on Monster Hunter. Why did we see her in the story mode but not Winter Solider and Venom.

I think it's plausible that it was Capcom's intention to have Monster Hunter and Ant-Man part of the base roster when Ant-Man got pushed back or potentially got shelved for good so Monster Hunter got pushed back as DLC character to keep the numbers of franchise parity. But again, there are Black Panther and Sigma.

I believe ryce said something similar....though I really need someone at capcom to explain why sigma is dlc.

Neonep

The MVC Twitter said they'll be streaming and answering questions at 3PM PDT.

This ain't gonna go well at all. People are mostly going to ask real questions and then whoever is handling the stream will cherry pick the weakest of questions and go into full diatribes on those questions that nobody really cares about.

Dahbomb

Flash on the Jwong stream with Nemesis

"I don't know why people are hype to play this character "
Flash says that about every character that isn't flashy or weird.

Nemesis looking worse than I originally thought though mostly because the armor in this game is completely reworked. Most of the armor does not work against heavies, only lights and projectiles. Considering in this game most characters are going to be box dashing into heavies on you, that is not that reliable of a deterrent at all.

That said Ghost Rider... yeah that character gonna create some online salt for sure.

On the real, when does Target, Best Buy, and whoever I can scam for a copy get their shipments in? Around now, right?

I'm hoping this Target by me is so new they don't know the protocol. I have yet to check if they have something in though.

Jawmuncher

On the real, when does Target, Best Buy, and whoever I can scam for a copy get their shipments in? Around now, right?

I'm hoping this Target by me is so new they don't know the protocol. I have yet to check if they have something in though.

Most of those stores will already have it. But they're stored in the back.
Real Talk you got like a .5/10 chance getting from a major retailer early. Since even if it's on display now the register will probably deny it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Those retailers usually have hard locks for some scanners. There are few stores that actually let it slip.

Most of those stores will already have it. But they're stored in the back.
Real Talk you got like a .5/10 chance getting from a major retailer early. Since even if it's on display now the register will probably deny it.

Chicago has nothing in the line of mom and pop shops save for little vintage places.

Ugh.

Maybe it's time for a move.

Those retailers usually have hard locks for some scanners. There are few stores that actually let it slip.

Yeah that's painful. Guess I'll go digital. I don't think any Gamestops near me are willing to do that 9pm on Monday thing.

Shadoken

Nobody complained about SFxT because of the character prices, they shit on it because the characters were all done and in the disc before the game launched.

This was one of the dumbest stuff the internet ranted about. Almost every game has their initial first few months DLC ready by launch.

Now all devs do is not add the finished DLC on the disc and boom no negative PR. While we have to waste time downloading character patches every time because stuff being "on disc" was evil.

New Chun alt incoming?
https://news.marvel.com/games/74581/marvel-gamerverse-unleashed/

MVCI_FUNKO_SOCIAL_ASSETS_MARVELCOM_CM_CL.jpg

This was one of the dumbest stuff the internet ranted about. Almost every game has their initial first few months DLC ready by launch.

Now all devs do is not add the finished DLC on the disc and boom no negative PR. While we have to waste time downloading character patches every time because stuff being "on disc" was evil.

"On-disc vs off-disc" is the biggest optical illusion of the current gaming age.

There isn't a ton of mom & pop places in Cincinnati....def going to be trying to find somewhere. But I highly doubt I will find anything. Not going to stop me from trying.
YUP. That whole time was maddening from seeing all the outrage.

Skilletor

This.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
old school Gamora? well, a bit more covered but still.

Wonder if Groot changes for Rocket's costume, he better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom