• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
All Colors for Chris

ItF3U4x.jpg

Credits to Brian

JayEH

Meh. was hoping for a vergil color again like UMVC3.

Guess I'll have to pay more for that.
along with vergil.

DMiz

What's sad to see is that UMvC3 was released on Steam in anticipation for this being released, and it just looks better.

Not from a technical perspective, but things like the UI, model design and art style to the fighters, and just the overall sheen to the things that Capcom had put on things - emphasizing a more comic-book style appearance and using their shaders to the utmost advantage to make that look pop - just seems totally lost here.

What happened? I'd be super-interested in hearing what transpired during the development to this game.

JayEH

Dante Nemesis is cool.

What's sad to see is that UMvC3 was released on Steam in anticipation for this being released, and it just looks better.

Not from a technical perspective, but things like the UI, model design and art style to the fighters, and just the overall sheen to the things that Capcom had put on things - emphasizing a more comic-book style appearance and using their shaders to the utmost advantage to make that look pop - just seems totally lost here.

What happened? I'd be super-interested in hearing what transpired during the development to this game.

Well the UI and such I don't know what happened there but Capcom in general just seems to be having a hard time with that as seen with SFV as well. Art style was most likely Marvel's doing...this game is an advertisement for the movies so they don't want anything looking comic like.

nded

Well the UI and such I don't know what happened there but Capcom in general just seems to be having a hard time with that as seen with SFV as well. Art style was most likely Marvel's doing...this game is an advertisement for the movies so they don't want anything looking comic like.

At least SFV has a pretty nice character select screen. Before Season 3 scrunched everything up, anyway. In-game gauges are better than MvCI's too.

Durden77

It really doesn't look that bad anymore. I mean yeah UMvC3 definitely has more style, but Infinite has some spots where it shines too. More likely than not this was Marvel's doing, as they want a more "real" look to rep the MCU. this look may actually garner better reception from more casual players too, considering it's more straightforward style is something more along the lines of Injustice 2, which casuals love. So it may end up being a smart business decision in the end.

Also, while the main menu and stuff looks pretty crappy (although let's be real, UMvC3 wasn't exactly a showcase in this department either), the recent UI for lobby matches looks slick and great. Seems like a step up from UMvC3 for sure. So it's not all bad.

The ingame UI is pretty lame, but so was MvC3's at release. If they keep supporting this game like they say they will, it's very possible we will get UI updates like UMvC3 did that look better.

Neoxon

I honestly have no problem with the in-game UI. I prefer something simple over something over-stylized when it comes to in-game UI.

Jawmuncher

All Colors for Chris

Credits to Brian

Rebecca_Extra_costume_S.T.A.R.S.1997.jpg

Only one I can think of that is even a reference to anything.
Yellow could be Brad but I doubt it

gtpfo.png

The bottom left Black Shirt doesn't seem like anything.
If it had black pants and blonde hair it could be wekser. But with the tan pants it likely doesn't mean anything. Hell I doubt any of these RE costumes are references to anything. The nemesis one's certainly arent.

JayEH

I honestly have no problem with the in-game UI. I prefer something simple over something over-stylized when it comes to in-game UI.

I think it's fine too but those menus are just booty. Really looks like placeholder stuff they never decided to change.

patchday

They can make the UI look like total complete booty for all I care as long as the gameplay is smooth and online is good. I mean that with all my heart too. I've seen way worse UIs then this game

Anth0ny

I'm putting together another compilation video... guys this game is fucking hype. I haven't had pre-launch jitters like this for a fighting game since Marvel 3. The creativity and potential is off the charts.

I don't see the problem either. It's easy to read in the heat of battle.

I look at the DBFZ in game UI, and it's equally simple and blocky.

MKX and Injustice 2 UI are super simple, too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't see the problem either. It's easy to read in the heat of battle.

I look at the DBFZ in game UI, and it's equally simple and blocky.

MKX and Injustice 2 UI are super simple, too.

When people say UI they mean the whole package. Menus, character select, etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Max has the PC version, and I assume he's savy enough to at the very least look through the game folders and shit... might be a reason why he believes the Gill mention :3

Also, I'm actually into most of these colours tbh.

Damnd actually have silver pant in one of the concept art.

Ah, interesting!

I guess the Damnd color does have a bit more credence, considering that on the Metro City stage with Avengers Tower, there's a apparently a statue of Damnd in the background, which...wtf? Why a statue of Damnd of all people?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ah, interesting!

I guess the Damnd color does have a bit more credence, considering that on the Metro City stage with Avengers Tower, there's a apparently a statue of Damnd in the background, which...wtf? Why a statue of Damnd of all people?

I think Damnd might be more memorable boss for everyone since many people already bumped into him easily in the arcade.

This Dante is bugging me, help me bros.

I will try my best.

Rhaknar

2860840-tumblr_mhx9lqgcju1qiknbco1_1280.jpg

Red Guardian?

latest

US Agent?

Marvel 3 had actual retextures on colors tho, as usual with this game, it's another step down.

Some good colours don't get me wrong but, well yeah :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom