• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is the CDKeys issue with just current keys or all of them? When I pre-ordered on the 11th it showed the region as global.

Cdkeys changes the region late in a pre order cycle all the time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wonder why ZeroTheShadow is always so... needlessly abrasive.
Every time I read a ZTS post, my brain conjures up this visual complement:

qUq6z1C.gif

jackdoe

Man, looking at the artwork library and Capcom completely dropped the ball on translating the Captain America concept art to a 3D model. Like they straight up ignored the proportions of the concept art and made the monstrosity that we have now.

Ryce

Man, looking at the artwork library and Capcom completely dropped the ball on translating the Captain America concept art to a 3D model. Like they straight up ignored the proportions of the concept art and made the monstrosity that we have now.
Can you take a screenshot?

JayEH

You have the game or saw it online? If online link please.

Jawmuncher

So should I ask for a refund on cdkeys or is it safe?

They should automatically refund you if they know where you ordered from.
Also it is possible to use a VPN to activate the key. It's technically not allowed by the Steam TOS but no one has ever been banned for doing it. Especially if you're not doing it very often.

fr0st

Banned
They should automatically refund you if they know where you ordered from.
Also it is possible to use a VPN to activate the key. It's technically not allowed by the Steam TOS but no one has ever been banned for doing it. Especially if you're not doing it very often.
Well Im from the US and why would I need to use a VPN aren't games region free?

Jawmuncher

Not all games are. They're region free once activated on the account. But a lot of PC games have a activation restriction for specific regions. But after being activated in said region they are then region free.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

No not all games are region free. You seem to be looking for a second opinion when people are giving you hard facts.

It's a EU only key so you either refund it, use a VPN to activate it or, well give it away to a european I guess :p

fr0st

Banned
Not all games are. They're region free once activated on the account. But a lot of PC games have a activation restriction for specific regions. But after being activated in said region they are then region free.
Oh I see.

Should I wait for mine to get refunded or refund now?

A deal like that was probably too good to be true.

fr0st

Banned
No not all games are region free. You seem to be looking for a second opinion when people are giving you hard facts.

It's a EU only key so you either refund it, use a VPN to activate it or, well give it away to a european I guess :p
Well it was a global key when they were selling it ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Jawmuncher

Oh I see.

Should I wait for mine to get refunded or refund now?

A deal like that was probably too good to be true.

It's currently $40 somewhere else. So if you want it ASAP in-case there is a preload for it.
You can ask for the refund now and still have a good deal.

Regina isn't coming dude :3

Bruh you don't need to be coy.

Just ask if Regina is on the files.

CAo3v0q.gif

Jawmuncher vs the trolls

Jawmuncher is the T rex wanting some of Regina but is constantly getting denied. Makes sense.

The beginning and end of these posts in order is one hell of a story

Durden77

Yo man, the combos looks like they feel so god damn good in this game. They look even more satisfying than UMvC3. Something about them just seems more visceral.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How's Dante in this game? I feel like he would be hit most by the changed control scheme, but maybe not?

side by side

in game "realistic" style looks derpy as fuck compared to the anime-esque concept art
Yep, the stylized look is part of what makes it look that much better (also makes him more slim and less football-armor-esque).

Yo man, the combos looks like they feel so god damn good in this game. They look even more satisfying than UMvC3. Something about them just seems more visceral.
The switching between characters makes it more kinetic IMO.

Jawmuncher

Is that the only shady thing about CDKeys? I see a lot of others recommending them wholeheartedly.

IMO more or less. They sell codes from retail copies they buy. So sometimes they won't know what will be activated in what area when they offer preorders

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Let make the comparison

and

I guess, neck, eyes, ears and lack of black knee guard stood out for me.

side by side

in game "realistic" style looks derpy as fuck compared to the anime-esque concept art
Hmm, the proportions of the model are similar enough to the concept art but the face and the way the neck/head part moves into itself are really off-putting, even compared to the concept. The proportions were already kinda whack in the concept, the model just brought the worst parts of it to life.

His eyes and face look dead from any angle that isn't head on...

Maybe what works in 2D doesn't work that well in 3D? Maybe it is the "pseudo-realistic" style just making it look bad. I dunno.

Rhaknar

Last question lol

Does that mean I'll get an EU code instead of a global one even if I ordered a global one before they changed it

Yes they won't have global codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom