• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MarlinPie was looking free AND THEN I SAW THAT ULTRON/REALITY STORM CROSS-UP

how tf did Kyohei win that, he was looking really slow and nonreactive

Durden77

Not sure how I feel about the almost constant stone activation. From one side to the other. Everything else I'm pretty pleased with. Really like how beams don't do full damage at distance and scale based on proximity.

Yeah, the stone storm activation does mess with the pacing of fights a little. Especially because both can't use it at once.

Hopefully it will get worked into the gameplay better with time.

bryt

It's quite intimidating to a guy like me coming from non-tag games. And they say this is more geared towards casuals? The stuff it looks like players can pull off is quite crazy

This game will not be casual friendly at all. This looks crazier than UMVC3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DualKevin not capitalizing on half of his opportunities, he's largely still playing an MvC3 game. Forgetting to tag or counter switch, conserving meter for Gimlets, not doing much during his storms, etc.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's cool seeing Chun dashin' about with the craziness of a flight character. Ultron and somewhat big, but they're dartin' about in similar ways, too.

This DRONE combos are lookin pretty nice. And I like how good a ranged his attack grab has to lock into the animation, rather than missing due to a stupid / sloppy attack box.

It is nice seeing Dr. Light in the BG too, by the way. Speaking of BG, the storms... aren't really bothering me. It takes a long more work to make a STORM into a comeback factor than X-Factor, and some of them are just REALLY bad at being comeback tools. Reality looks a lot more like a pester and agitation tool, than a straight comeback storm. It's used to secure leads, not make up for a dead partner.

JAXXX

i wonder if the characters still have different health values...
chunli was a pixie, so was morriggan but she had high health tho

bLOhSzi.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think DualKevin knows a Hawkeye BnB lol

Dude launched Chun and did what I did when I launched a character for the first time in MvC3 and just hit M and that's it lol

Dahbomb

Dual Kevin doesn't even have a combo with Hawkeye not does he know that the lightning ball projectile is special cancelable.

This would be so much closer if Dual Keven had even 1 day with the game extra.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This set is a good preview of how UMvC3 tactics are gonna get blown up unless you #adapt.

Ultron is scary as-is, but MarlinPie is only starting to use drones in his neutral and set ups. It gets a lot nastier.

EDIT: HAWKEYE LOOPS AT LAST. Err.. loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom