• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
How do those air combos where it looks like they just repeat the move done?

I feel like the camera is having trouble keeping up with the game in general.

Cinematic moves one shortly after another has got the camera jumping and it's kind of hard to follow.

That's because the camera actually moves, unlike in 3 where the characters were just plastered on top and you could still see the stage in the bg.

Dahbomb

I like what RyanLV is doing here.

He is doing supers near the start of combos so that they do good damage, then continues the combo with his partner to build meter back up.

I don't know how well this will work long term but it's good thinking on his part.

Durden77

Very interesting seeing players like Angelic playing this game right now. It seems like players like him, KBR, and others are having trouble adapting to the neutral. You can tell they still have the mindset of looking for an assist to tag the opponent and then take the hit.

It'll be interesting seeing how they adapt over time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The lighting for these Reality Storm strikes looks godlike.

Also, might just be because it's new, but damn, this game is much more chaotic and harder to follow than MvC3.

No it's not gone, Angelic used his actual lvl 3 during his surge instead of the free one
I think it uses meter if you do it manually instead of using the infinity storm input
Ah, gotcha.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
sloppy

Edit:
What should i get this for? I assume it doesn't have legacy controller support.

JAXXX

He is doing supers near the start of combos so that they do good damage, then continues the combo with his partner to build meter back up.

I don't know how well this will work long term but it's good thinking on his part.

WOW you really called this...good eye!!!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MarlinPie about to come put it down

200.gif

xHiryu

just stumbled onto the thread but that was hype boiz, infinite does looks real solid gameplay living up to the mahvel name

hows strider in the game tho

I like RyanLV playing defense whenever he saw Angelic pop the storm. He just uses Chun to get as high as possible, so even if he gets tagged, it would be hard for Angelic to convert into a combo off a stray hit. Starting with a super also seems to do great damage, on top of also helping the approach.

patchday

It's quite intimidating to a guy like me coming from non-tag games. And they say this is more geared towards casuals? The stuff it looks like players can pull off is quite crazy

DrBo42

Not sure how I feel about the almost constant stone activation. From one side to the other. Everything else I'm pretty pleased with. Really like how beams don't do full damage at distance and scale based on proximity.

Also, might just be because it's new, but damn, this game is much more chaotic and harder to follow than MvC3.

Reality Storm is the hardest stone to follow IMO because it has all these gigantic elemental attacks "randomly" appearing. (not random but they might seem that way if you don't know how the storm works) This match having 2 of them really wasn't helping things in terms of readability. I've been watching a lot of gameplay and I'm able to follow it decently well, I can't compare it that much to Marvel 3 but once you get used to everything you should be able to follow along pretty well.

Anth0ny

Really interesting strategy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom