• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Thanks, but I mean has anyone seen the Transformation Armor. Through that whole video, no one turned from "normal Megaman" to "X Armor Megaman", and I'm hoping Command Mission has a different armor than Megaman Man X style.

I guess I'll know near the time tomorrow night, but still! I really do want to see Capcom start to press the details on their costumes. Unique colored projectiles, reference-specific voice lines, and new jingles or sound effects would go a long way to making costumes feel more worth the money.

bounchfx

didn't realize this was coming out so soon!! Nice!

I'm so torn on the game though. I hear the gameplay is good, and i LOVE MvC, but holy shit, this has to be the worst looking MvC yet (yes, including 1 and 2). I have a soft spot for pixel art and stylzied graphics, and I really enjoyed how 3 looked too (as well as SF4 and 5, and especially tatsunoku), but this just looks poor quality to me. I hope I can get over it, ugh. I'm SO stoked that we finally get MMX, Zero, AND Sigma. Aaahhh.

Dahbomb

The first tournament for this game is going to be lit.

We have seen the wide spread tech... but there is going to be some underhanded slimeball tech that we haven't seen yet that people are keeping in wraps.

SCR gonna be off the chain.

nded

didn't realize this was coming out so soon!! Nice!

I'm so torn on the game though. I hear the gameplay is good, and i LOVE MvC, but holy shit, this has to be the worst looking MvC yet (yes, including 1 and 2). I have a soft spot for pixel art and stylzied graphics, and I really enjoyed how 3 looked too (as well as SF4 and 5, and especially tatsunoku), but this just looks poor quality to me. I hope I can get over it, ugh. I'm SO stoked that we finally get MMX, Zero, AND Sigma. Aaahhh.

I'm thinking about the PC version for the inevitable mods and graphics tweaks.

I think I can wait though. There's a good chance this game will hit the bargain bin right quick.

bounchfx

I'm thinking about the PC version for the inevitable mods and graphics tweaks.

I think I can wait though. There's a good chance this game will hit the bargain bin right quick.

ahh good point. I forgot how crazy the mod scene is on PC for these games lately.

Thanks, but I mean has anyone seen the Transformation Armor. Through that whole video, no one turned from "normal Megaman" to "X Armor Megaman", and I'm hoping Command Mission has a different armor than Megaman Man X style.

I guess I'll know near the time tomorrow night, but still! I really do want to see Capcom start to press the details on their costumes. Unique colored projectiles, reference-specific voice lines, and new jingles or sound effects would go a long way to making costumes feel more worth the money.
Oh my fault I misread.

EYEL1NER

My CE shipped from Best Buy early today. I was hoping it might be shipping from somewhere close and could maybe show up tomorrow but I am now doubting that will happen. I mean, it doesn't happen too often with most games anyway, but I need some new Mahvel in my life, no matter how shitty it looks, so I'm gonna be waiting by the door for the FedEx guy to knock.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MvC:I Exhibitions coming up:

MarlinPie vs. DualKevin
Angelic vs. RyanLV

I'm hype to see what MarlinPie has been cooking up.

EDIT: Beaten.

Dahbomb

MarlinPie said he was going to be playing Chun Li and Ultron.

Can't wait to see his hyper aggressive Chun.

If I had to guess then I would say that Dual Kevin is probably playing either Dante/Hawkeye or Dante/Gammora.

Dahbomb

I think I might actually faint if we get the equivalent of Quicksilver glitch in this exhibition....

Enzo where da Jesus Wecker gif at?

Sigmaah

Damn rip to a fucking great game.

Mahvel 3 brought so much fun to my life no funny shit. First game I've really ever went full crack mode on and learned everything I could.

Mahvel 3 <3

X AND SIGMA HERE WE COME!!!

&#12302;Inaba Resident&#12303;;249189584 said:
Yo Marlin Pie playing Chun? I gotta see this
He said earlier he was looking for a new point character instead of her. He thinks the meta will be more of a control/zoning point character with a damage dealer to tag in once you start the combo.

Durden77

You brought hype, salt, and laughter in droves. You had the job of following up a game that no one ever thought we'd get a sequel to, and continue it's broken-ass legacy. And whether you would have went down in a barrage of soul fists, or a Wolvie/Akuma cross up, there is no doubt you fulfilled that legacy, and created a legacy of your own.

Thank you Marvel 3, RIP.

VariantX

Story mode has been uploaded on YT.

Spoilers (but DMC fans read on anyway):
Not only does Dante give Jedah this work... he did it without a Stone while Jedah had the Soul stone. Jedah tried to smack talk Dante with "Son of Sparda... half human/demon but traitor to both" but Dante shut that down real quick with the "just stop talking son"... I give Jedah some props though, he made Dante go DT so he had to actual sweat just a little.

Final boss is Ultron Omega and Dante (non DT) plus Captain Marvel bring him down with MMX plus 6 infiity stones land the killing blw on him. Dante literally the strongest character in both of the universes, beat the 3 major bad guys except Thanos and Death who he never really interacted with. Honestly the Avengers plus random ass Capcom characters were getting worked until Dante came to save the day. They had to actually write out Dante for a small bit just so other characters could have some shine on...LMAO!

Honestly most of the Capcom side didn't do shit. From Capcom side only Morrigan, MMX, Dante, Ryu, Strider and maybe Chris were actually relevant. Ryu only relevant due to Satsui no Hado and honestly Akuma/Ryu might be top tier strong in this universe. Jedah was obviously a major villain but he's so buss ass, had to cower back to Death when Dante smoked his ass.

Dormammu in this story was weakened version because of some deal with Jedah. He got smoked by Dr Strange and Arthur duo (LOL!).

Thanos probably had the biggest body bag in the story mode, he smoked a lot of characters! There obviously seems to be a part two to this, maybe next year we see more story mode with more characters. They need a real villain like Vergil who can actually do something about God tier Dante.

Monster Hunter looks nice, voice actor is hella iffy though.

Also seems like it's implied that Morrigan and Jedah fucked in the past. Not that shocking and Morrigan/Dante totally were flirting each other (also no surprise).

Not surprised at all about Dante. He's so absurdly strong that its as if hes a cartoon character in a world full of real people. He needs Vergil as a rival as soon as yesterday if you want any tension in a story with Dante involved. Otherwise hes just gonna style on everyone with ease.

Durden77

These are my 2 favorite moments in the entirety of Marvel 3 off the top of my head.

https://youtu.be/73fcZo4fq6o

I was there at Evo for this. It was unbelievable. People were hugging each other, shaking in the aisles, the group of people placing gentleman's wagers up front lost it in all sorts of ways. Just simply surreal.

Also this.

https://youtu.be/Qzvbzi1Etpg

Starting at 10:30. Sorry I don't know how to time stamp on mobile. Unbelievable hype. And demonstrated that if you can stay focused and capitalize on your opponents mistakes in all the madness, you can make amazing things happen.

PUERTO RICO. PUERTO RICO. PUERTO RICO.

Man the hype was so real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom