• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neonep

Story mode has been uploaded on YT.

Spoilers (but DMC fans read on anyway):
Not only does Dante give Jedah this work... he did it without a Stone while Jedah had the Soul stone. Jedah tried to smack talk Dante with "Son of Sparda... half human/demon but traitor to both" but Dante shut that down real quick with the "just stop talking son"... I give Jedah some props though, he made Dante go DT so he had to actual sweat just a little.

Final boss is Ultron Omega and Dante (non DT) plus Captain Marvel bring him down with MMX plus 6 infiity stones land the killing blw on him. Dante literally the strongest character in both of the universes, beat the 3 major bad guys except Thanos and Death who he never really interacted with. Honestly the Avengers plus random ass Capcom characters were getting worked until Dante came to save the day. They had to actually write out Dante for a small bit just so other characters could have some shine on...LMAO!

Honestly most of the Capcom side didn't do shit. From Capcom side only Morrigan, MMX, Dante, Ryu, Strider and maybe Chris were actually relevant. Ryu only relevant due to Satsui no Hado and honestly Akuma/Ryu might be top tier strong in this universe. Jedah was obviously a major villain but he's so buss ass, had to cower back to Death when Dante smoked his ass.

Dormammu in this story was weakened version because of some deal with Jedah. He got smoked by Dr Strange and Arthur duo (LOL!).

Thanos probably had the biggest body bag in the story mode, he smoked a lot of characters! There obviously seems to be a part two to this, maybe next year we see more story mode with more characters. They need a real villain like Vergil who can actually do something about God tier Dante.

Monster Hunter looks nice, voice actor is hella iffy though.

Also seems like it's implied that Morrigan and Jedah fucked in the past. Not that shocking and Morrigan/Dante totally were flirting each other (also no surprise).
Sounds pretty on par with how Dante's stories usually go.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Marvel Heroes straight up uses Spider-Man's Maximum Spider as his ultimate move. I think Cable has his Hyper Viper in the PC version of Heroes too.

Ahh yeah, Cable has Hyper Viper in FF too. If I ever get deeper into Heroes, I look forward to seeing how they handled Psylocke too...

Marvel Future Fight makes me want to see Rogue back even more, lol. She has a great personal move set there, and It'd be so nice to play a character that can steal moves / abilities from others done well in a modern fighter. Especially in this game that has less assist stuff, and more focus on making a character awesome by themselves.

Can't be much worse than making so many different moves for someone like Dante (or hopefully Monster Hunter).

If the story is somewhat better than SFV's that is an actual step for Capcom.

I need some X-Men in this game... sigh, hopefully we get some news about the characters.

sad-charlie-brownkukoc.gif
I hope you get Regina I really do.

Playsage

Not only does Dante give Jedah this work... he did it without a Stone while Jedah had the Soul stone. Jedah tried to smack talk Dante with "Son of Sparda... half human/demon but traitor to both" but Dante shut that down real quick with the "just stop talking son"... I give Jedah some props though, he made Dante go DT so he had to actual sweat just a little.

Final boss is Ultron Omega and Dante (non DT) plus Captain Marvel bring him down with MMX plus 6 infiity stones land the killing blw on him. Dante literally the strongest character in both of the universes, beat the 3 major bad guys except Thanos and Death who he never really interacted with. Honestly the Avengers plus random ass Capcom characters were getting worked until Dante came to save the day. They had to actually write out Dante for a small bit just so other characters could have some shine on...LMAO!

Honestly most of the Capcom side didn't do shit. From Capcom side only Morrigan, MMX, Dante, Ryu, Strider and maybe Chris were actually relevant. Ryu only relevant due to Satsui no Hado and honestly Akuma/Ryu might be top tier strong in this universe. Jedah was obviously a major villain but he's so buss ass, had to cower back to Death when Dante smoked his ass.

Dormammu in this story was weakened version because of some deal with Jedah. He got smoked by Dr Strange and Arthur duo (LOL!).

Thanos probably had the biggest body bag in the story mode, he smoked a lot of characters! There obviously seems to be a part two to this, maybe next year we see more story mode with more characters. They need a real villain like Vergil who can actually do something about God tier Dante.

Also seems like it's implied that Morrigan and Jedah fucked in the past. Not that shocking and Morrigan/Dante totally were flirting each other (also no surprise).
*Starts searching for videos like a madman*

I have so many mixed feelings about this game. Everything presentation-wise looks and sounds so cheap and rushed, but apparently the game still plays well and the story might still be better the SFV's? Dammit.

And I really don't want to pre-order, but X's Command Mission skin looks absolutely boss. Is it pre-order only, or will it be available later?

Its a well known fact that Convergences cause mutations-

oh sorry, not that word...

muscular growth

EDIT: Command Mission SHOULD be available for purchase earlier, but it might not. I think the fact that its listed as Wave 2 implies it will though when costumes from that wave are released

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I have so many mixed feelings about this game. Everything presentation-wise looks and sounds so cheap and rushed, but apparently the game still plays well and the story might still be better the SFV's? Dammit.

And I really don't want to pre-order, but X's Command Mission skin looks absolutely boss. Is it pre-order only, or will it be available later?

We assume those costumes are coming like few months later or so since they are part of wave 2 costumes.

Its a well known fact that Convergences cause mutations-

oh sorry, not that word...

muscular growth

EDIT: Command Mission SHOULD be available for purchase earlier, but it might not. I think the fact that its listed as Wave 2 implies it will though when costumes from that wave are released
My code was redeemed today and said nothing about that.

Seyavesh

They're about the same size, actually. Taskmaster only looks bigger because of the cape and less compact stance. They've got the same boots, gloves, shield straps and even the color on their arms change at the same place on their biceps.

you're right!
man that actually makes me more mad that taskmaster didn't return for mvci, fuckkkk
he is the asset reuse CHAMPION

1mmVCTo.jpg

38oFGyN.jpg

bOYDUPu.jpg

We assume those costumes are coming like few months later or so since they are part of wave 2 costumes.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna wait for a while until a sale. It'd be a massive dick move to make the costumes pre-order only. But the game itself is just not worth pre-ordering, IMO, considering it just looks and sounds inferior to MVC3 in terms of presentation, but I think it'll probably still be fun to play.

Dahbomb

Story being better than SFV isn't really that much of a compliment. The direction and writing of the story mode is still sub par even as far as video game campaign go. It's 100% video game comic book camp bull shit. There are a lot of awkward ass moments where characters are just standing around while someone is talking.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, anyone got clear pictures of Command Missions X Transformation and LvL 3 armors? I saw the LvL 3 whiff in the GameXplain video, so that wasn't a great look.

I do like how Command Missions 2nd color is clearly a reference to Marino. *NEXT!*

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So, anyone got clear pictures of Command Missions X Transformation and LvL 3 armors? I saw the LvL 3 whiff in the GameXplain video, so that wasn't a great look.

I do like how Command Missions 2nd color is clearly a reference to Marino. *NEXT!*

Command Mission X's third colour is a reference to Cinnamon, as well.

I don't know what his fourth colour is but it's probably based on Massimo or Spider.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The last Capcom character is gonna be Asura with Doc Ock's animations.

Shit is gonna look like those Smash Bros mods where they stretch Pikachu's model over Captain Falcon's skeleton.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I have to wonder if Taskmaster was put together as a backup plan after Doc Oc got the axe.

This isn't a bad trade, if it got us a Steve Blum voiced character. And his theme is still quite awesome, too.

Tasky is asset reuse done right, too. Not like Netherrelm doesn't abuse such things through almost every character they create.

Command Mission X's third colour is a reference to Cinnamon, as well.

I don't know what his fourth colour is but it's probably based on Massimo or Spider.

I was thinking Cinnamon, but no one seems to agree yet, lol. I wish they'd make only one side of his chest plate have that gold to it, heh.

Definitely hope they go for Spider, since he'd sync well with so many other colors here.

Sounds about right.
Dante has to be super OP, that's just part of his character.

I remember seeing another YouTube video of the Story Mode with Chun-Li's old face. Maybe the update fixes the cutscenes.
I watched the entire story mode online, Chun-Li had the updated face in both the gameplay and cutscenes.

Dante and Chris just look bad, even after being updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom