• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite - Story Trailer 3 [Up: Final roster is 30 characters]

Big0Bear

so along with the crappy roster and unnecessary DLC one of the things that bugs me is the DD P for uppercuts I know Ryu still has his but this was such a damn unneeded change I was getting hype watching the story trailer then I remembered that was one of the things that turned me off this game

rmanthorp

Bad Movie Black Suit Spider-Man costumes confirmed... God fucking damn it.

WnWkp7r.png

7Th

BROS B4 HOES, AM I RITE BROS?
WHO GIVE A SHIT IF THERE ARE FEMALE CHARACTERS AS LONG AS I GET MY DANTE AND ZERO

Dartastic

Man, as a final roster before DLC... that's so, SO disappointing. Only 30 characters, most of which are returning characters and only four women? :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So winter soldier final dlc for marvel? No antman?
We really don't know because pre-zip leak information and zip leak information conflict a bit.

At minimum, all we can confidently say is that Death, Hunter, Venom, and The Winter Soldier have models in the base game, likely as story NPCs.

Anything else beyond that is not as easy to suss out because Ant-Man kind of throws a wrench in things.

We really don't know because pre-zip leak information and zip leak information.

At minimum, all we can confidently say is that Death, Hunter, Venom, and The Winter Soldier have models in the base game, likely as story NPCs.

Anything else beyond that is not as easy to suss out because Ant-Man kind of throws a wrench in things.

Ah

VariantX

I think they could support it. They could have loot drops like overwatch and charge real money for more boxes. Or do the fight money way but make everything purchasable with real or fight money.

They put loot drops in this game and you'll really see a shit storm. And the problem with fight money is that far too much of it is virtually inaccessible to low skill, casual players. Your average SFV player can't even get through character trials, get past bronze to super bronze, let alone finish normal survival. IJ2 gets away with it because the roster and base features are large for the type of fighter it is. While another from the same company, Shadow of War is getting ripped for it.

Big0Bear

They put loot drops in this game and you'll really see a shit storm. And the problem with fight money is that far too much of it is virtually inaccessible to low skill, casual players. Your average SFV player can't even get through character trials, get past bronze to super bronze, let alone finish normal survival. IJ2 gets away with it because the roster and base features are large for the type of fighter it is. While another from the same company, Shadow of War is getting ripped for it.

They can do like T7 and give money to offline activities. Last time I played SFV when I played my friends online (in a non rank match) we got zero FM which seemed pretty whack to me.

Neoxon

MvC3 vanilla had 36 characters not counting DLC or the characters added in Ultimate. Infinite charging $30 extra to get the same number of characters a 6 year old game had is pretty horseshit.

What Capcom should be doing is making the character DLC free and charging only for cosmetic stuff like other games have been doing lately, but this is Capcom and they have no idea how to please a community so this game is boned.
You do realize that none of the fighting games (besides ARMS) are doing this, not even Injustice 2.

Damn, I was really hoping for heroes & heralds to return. I spent so many hours playing that thing. The game needs more than a 2-5 hour story mode for single player.
Shit, something close to SFA3's world tour mode would have been awesome.
At least we got an arcade mode. And Tony Stark's voice actor is extremely good at impersonating RDJ.

I'll still stand by my desire that they should have just done a new version of UMvC3 with this story mode and new characters.

Yeah it was becoming increasingly clear that Venom and MonHun are going to be DLC.

Huge bummer but it is what it is. The Story looks pretty decent and the gameplay from what we've seen seems rock solid. It'll be up to DLC to save the roster, as shitty as that is.

Chun-li looks pretty damn good now at least.

shaowebb

I wonder if having both X and Zero in the same game will be enough to bring Marn back to the tourney scene fulltime...

Jezan

That's a whole bunch of bullshit. MvC2 was the single biggest sprite rip/ recycling job EVER. On MvCI's worst day they didn't do that garbage
But they added 8 new characters , sprite characters not 3D models.

Infinite only added 6 , they also probably ported most returning from 3.

They both did a bad job, but Infinite is justified because story mode?

jett

D-Member
People that haven't suffered through SFV's story mode have no idea how much better this thing looks on every level.

Eumi

Bar just removing characters, I honestly don't know how you could make that roster any worse.

Holy hell this game. Like, looking back to the KoF14 complaints, they seem quaint now.

PSqueak

Banned
That trailer looked silly in all the right ways.

Yeah, like they're embracing the inherent silliness of the crossover, Dr. Light briefing everyone in the avengers briefing room was a highLight for me.

Go full on stupid, can't go wrong with that.

Also im guessing this confirms at least 2 giant monster boss battles (or at least cinematic events).

BiggNife

You do realize that none of the fighting games (besides ARMS) are doing this, not even Injustice 2.

I do. But WB/NR is not in the same position as Capcom, nor is ArcSys. Capcom needs to get back good will, especially with all of the bad press MvCI has gotten. At the very least, they could implement a Fight Money system like SFV has. That's the bare minimum they should be doing, but MvCI doesn't have that as far as I know.

And please don't pull that "you do realize" crap, I've been following fighting games for years.

PSqueak

Banned

It's wishful thinking, a good fighting game with the same system of unlocking as league of legends (option to unlock characters with in game currency, only skins have to be exclusively bought with real money) would be awesome.

SFV kinda tries to do this, but getting enough fight money is incredibly difficult, unlike my LoL example in which basically you can get enough in game money to buy a bajillion characters just by playing casually.

I just can't get over the cutscenes animations. It's as if the mocap actors were told to move exaggerated like a sentai show, but the facial animators were told to have subdued face expressions. It's such a jarring combination.

PSqueak

Banned
I just can't get over the cutscenes animations. It's as if the mocap actors were told to move exaggerated like a sentai show, but the facial animators were told to have subdued face expressions. It's such a jarring combination.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me this is kinda literally the case, it's possible motion capture for the body was done in japan, but the lipsync and facial expressions came from the english speaking voice actors.

RedBoot

I do think the story looks amazing, so between that and my $40 Amazon preorder, I'll still pick up the game.

But yeah. That roster. Honestly, this is SFxT Tier Capcom. The DLC characters are likely close to complete, since they're coming out within 3 months of release (and some, like BP and probably Sigma, will be in the story). A 36 character roster with 12 new fighters is worth retail price. Instead, we have to pay extra for that.

MiguelItUp

I love that they're getting so involved with the story aspect of things. But, man, so much of it looks rough and/or inconsistent. Definitely some improvements here and there, but some characters still look really off to me. I've loved Ghost Rider so much as a kid, so I was pretty excited to see his presence in the game. From what I saw, his appearance in the game (thus far) ain't looking so hot. He looks so oddly proportioned, but then again, so do a lot of the characters.

I'm still incredibly on the fence about this. The fact that it is what it is makes me want to buy it day one. But the quality of a number of things, along with the inconsistencies, make me feel like waiting for the inevitable "complete" edition. Which, I honestly think I'll be doing in the long run.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I watched it without audio, but it's strange how some things actually look great and then some things look so off in the very same trailer.

shaowebb

Lol. Capcom shows a story trailer and releases a list of the modes. Dragon ball Fighter Z releases info of 4 new characters a 3v3 party mode that's 6 players plus a story breakdown. No footage but still way more exciting than seeing the.mvci final roster and no new modes.

Stay losing Capcom.

Top Bottom