• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite - Story Trailer 3 [Up: Final roster is 30 characters]

SbpjNiI.gif

Marn probably already has it as a tattoo lol. Seriously hope we see him come back just to play this game. He's a bigtime X and Zero fan. I'd like to watch him carry his dream back onto stage and live it out. He's a fun guy to watch out there.

X looks so boss in general with those dashup cancel moves. You constantly gotta guess his high low game and he has some great setups all by his lonesome even without tag setups or gem tools. I keep thinking teleports with him would be great or the homing orb. I think I can get nastier mixups off teleport but if I partner Zero the orb would be better I think to augment his own ports and stuff.

If I play Ultron/X though I'll definitely rock the port. His drone and X's tools with a teleport on deck mean nasty mixups allllllll day in the left right department.

That gif is honestly the only reason I'm glad regular Zero and not MMZ Zero is in this.

Labolas

Same here, it seems like that they were not even trying.

Nothing to say about the new additions, I would have switched Gamora for Daredevil though.

And the sad thing is there genuine good elements here in terms of gameplay but they fucked up on the one thing that mattered as much as gameplay: the roster.

But it was cool seeing X and Zero fist bump.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Having more females isn't gonna do a damn thing, due to the horrible presentation ( Game UI's, graphics,etc) game is just straight out ugly. It's sad because the gameplay itself is damn fine.

Speak for yourself. If this game had a wider selection of female characters to choose from I wouldn't be here contemplating on whether I should even give this game the time of day. lol

Captain Marvel is the only reason why I haven't written this game off completely, and hell she should've been one of the first people included in the last game.

Camjo-Z

Pein

Banned
Asura was one of the only "new" characters that would have made so much sense for this game, sucks that he didn't make it in.

Jawmuncher

Asura was one of the only "new" characters that would have made so much sense for this game, sucks that he didn't make it in.

Asura and/or gene seem like a big omission. Especially when for the fan rankings they were the highest ones consistently (Outside like X). Like I honestly think either of them would've brought more hype than Jedah. But going by the Story Trailer. It does seem like characters were picked for functions and what story they could craft with said picks.

"Hey we got a lot of demons here....We could bring in Jedah and just do something with that".

El Sloth

Banned
Even MVC2 had more effort put in the roster holy fucking shit

I thought, "this can't be right", thinking Ruby and Amingo were the only new sprites made for that game, but I was wrong. Technically MvC2 introduced 9 new characters in:

Amingo
Ruby Heart
Jill (totally forgot about her)
Cable
Marrow
Hayato
Servbot
SonSon (I always thought her stuff came from an older game, but apparently I was wrong)
and Tron Bonne

So yeah, as far as new characters being introduced that seems to be the case lol. HOWEVER, to be fair it seems like they're doing more than just copy and pasting for the older characters. Giving them a bunch of new stuffs, tweaking them here and there etc. with an actual care for some balance (unlike MvC2) + the introduction of a new system mechanic in the form of the stones.

What's more seems like they're making an actual effort on the story mode for once which I think deserves credit. I 100% believe that if there weren't a story mode we'd prob have more characters at launch, but I'm more than okay with that tbh.

spad3

I can't believe it's still this cheap. I bought it on CDK last month and there's no way I feel ripped off with this game for that price.

Those of you paying full price day one? Woof.

I wasn't even gonna pick this up but for 28 bucks AT launch? done deal.

Even MVC2 had more effort put in the roster holy fucking shit

What's more seems like they're making an actual effort on the story mode for once which I think deserves credit. I 100% believe that if there weren't a story mode we'd prob have more characters at launch, but I'm more than okay with that tbh.

Of course.

MvC2 and 3 had basically NO story content at all.

I watched a bunch of "Trailer Reaction" videos on youtube yesterday, and people were getting hype about the story trailer.
Floe for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2TiyCR7St4

The story is a necessary sacrifice. The casual audience has spoken, ever since MK9. Gotta have a "cinematic story experience" or your game is barebones by default.

DR2K

Banned
Of course.

MvC2 and 3 had basically NO story content at all.

I watched a bunch of "Trailer Reaction" videos on youtube yesterday, and people were getting hype about the story trailer.
Floe for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2TiyCR7St4

The story is a necessary sacrifice. The casual audience has spoken, ever since MK9. Gotta have a "cinematic story experience" or your game is barebones by default.

NRS makes story modes that are high quality/good with a ton of other non story mode features.

Tacking on a story mode at the expense of the base game isn't what casuals are expecting.

NRS makes story modes that are high quality/good with a ton of other non story mode features.

Tacking on a story mode at the expense of the base game isn't what casuals are expecting.

1. MvCi actually has more base characters than Inj2, though Inj2 has more brand new ones. However, MvCi is a tag game with 6 gems, so its roster/engine is way harder to balance, because of so many possible combinations...so an argument could be made about which team 'worked harder' on their roster. (spoiler: they both worked really hard...because video games are hard to make)

2. NRS is Warner Brothers and has mad money. Tekken 7 had to sit in arcades for 2 years before they could finish a "complete" game...and it's still lacking basic stuff like tutorials and replays. For most fighting game companies not backed by Bugs Bunny Money, sacrifices have to be made. Try comparing MK games PRE-WB and POST-WB. Budget is real.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
2. NRS is Warner Brothers and has mad money. Tekken 7 had to sit in arcades for 2 years before they could finish a "complete" game...and it's still lacking basic stuff like tutorials and replays. For most fighting game companies not backed by Bugs Bunny Money, sacrifices have to be made.

This actually kinda bothers me: why isn't this game backed by Mickey Mouse Money?

JayEH

This actually kinda bothers me: why isn't this game backed by Mickey Mouse Money?

Disney got out of game development since it wasn't making enough money for them. Now They get the money with little to no work on their end by just licensing out their properties.

DrArchon

Disney got out of game development since it wasn't making enough money for them. Now They get the money with little to no work on their end by just licensing out their properties.

Yep. We just don't notice them not spending money that often because they usually work with big boys like EA who don't need extra money.

WarRock

Story actually looks like a fun fanservice cheesy ride, I got similar vibes to the artworks and splash screens from XvSF/MvC2/CvS, which is kinda like a dream realized? None of those crossover games actually got a story mode, just quirky intermissions/endings, at most.

Venom looking like a God Eater weapon though.

That gif is honestly the only reason I'm glad regular Zero and not MMZ Zero is in this.
No reason to not have MMZ X and Zero instead :V

spad3

Yeah, it's an incredible deal. No Venom bummed me out of a day one buy, but the half price launch makes up for that.

See prices like this at launch incentivize season passes for me.

If I can get a game for < 50% (~$30) at launch, i'll buy a 30$ season pass if it's got some good content.

a 60$ game with a 50$ season pass is borderline robbery.

Top Bottom