• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvelous AQL/Inafune Announce King Of Pirates: Sea King [3DS Action RPG, Trailer]

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Anth0ny said:
Trying to bank off that One Piece popularity

Smart.

Well hopefully this one has the characters actually do some pirate-y stuff, like pillage :p

I mean, even as good guys the Gokaiger are doing pirate-y stuff, thank goodness.

ninj4junpei said:
Well, they are mammals.

Is it just the video or is the frame rate inconsistent? CG is a bit dogey/low budget.

I thought it was a poor rip of the trailer.

lunchwithyuzo said:
We're getting all the Marvelous AQL announcements now because they just became a combined entity. They didn't really have anything at TGS except New Little King's Story, which they're not even publishing.
I guess that would explain it.

JEKKI

maaan this game looks tite!!

I hope it's 2D!!

with a jump button,

and an attack button,

and a shoulder button that makes u dash,

and if u hit the attack button and up at the same time, you do an uppercut which launches your enemy airborne allowing you to follow up with an air combo!!

that game would be tite!!!

_dementia said:
I guess that would explain it.
MAQL is really laying it all out. So far this week we've found out about...

Nintendo 3DS
-Dragon Marked for Death (inticreates)
-Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin
-Kaio: King of Pirates (Comcept/Intercept)

Mobile/Android/iOS
-Buddy Monster (Prope)
-Combokimaru (Crafts & Meister)
-JJ Rockets (Comcept/Intercept)
-No More Heroes for Mobage (Grasshopper Manufacture)

PlayStation Vita
-Browser Sangokushi Next

PC
-Browser Rebuild of Evangelion

Piplup?
You are all crazy.

Backyardigans-pablo.jpg

http://andriasang.com/comyhg/
New info.

You might have guessed this from the game's image trailer, but King of Pirates mixes pirates with the Sangokushi story. Inafune explained that he believes creativity isn't creating something from scratch, but creating something new by mixing things together. He wanted to take typical elements from Sangokushi and pirates and change them up a bit.

The game won't look like the CG concept trailer that we were shown yesterday. But Inafune did say that he expects the 3DS title to retain the same design style even with the visuals brought down to the system's specs. He expects to be able to deliver something playable that has the same image as the concept trailer.

Inafune would share just a few gameplay details, as there are still many things to be finalized. He's certain that the game will have two broad types of combat. One will be ship to ship, the other will be person to person. The game will have 300 characters, some strong on their own and some strong in groups, and the fun of selecting which character to use will be part of the gameplay. Yes, these are very high level details.

One surprising statement Inafune made at the press conference yesterday is that the game is being planned as a trilogy. The story may be too long to fit into three parts, he admitted. Each game will have its own conclusion, though.

Like Sangokushi, the games will span hundreds of years. The penguin character, who's meant to be Liu Bei, will even have kids.

Luigiv

Nuclear Muffin said:
Sounds like the game isn't even in the Alpha stage yet. We won't be seeing this one until late 2012 at the earliest then.
Very few games are when they're announced, so that isn't saying much. Semantics aside, this does seem very early. Forget Alpha, I doubt this game has even begun production proper.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Marvelous AQL is working with former Capcom executive Keiji Inafune on a new Nintendo 3DS game. Kaio: King of Pirates takes the Romance of the Three Kingdoms story and blends it with pirate animals. Inafune hopes to expand Kaio into three games, but only one title has been announced.

Kaio: King of Pirates has only been announced for Japan. Although, the game seems like the kind of title they would want to give an international release. Marvelous AQL registered a trademark for Kaio in the U.S. and Europe. Unlike other filings from Marvelous, this mark covers video games and a wide variety of goods like backpacks, yo-yos, boxing gloves, and any kind of toy you can imagine. Perhaps, Marvelous is thinking about character goods.

We’re not surprised especially because a subtitled English trailer was released simultaneously alongside the Japanese announcement. That was a first for Marvelous. We’re just curious who is going to bring Kaio: King of Pirates overseas. Will it be Xseed (a subsidiary of Marvelous AQL) or a third party publisher in the West?

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/1...o-prepares-to-bring-king-of-pirates-overseas/

Nice.

Top Bottom