• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvelous AQL/Inafune Announce King Of Pirates: Sea King [3DS Action RPG, Trailer]

Tizoc

...and here's the 2nd batch-

Yeah some didn't turn out as good, but I hope you like them =P

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah, really Kung Fu Pandaesque charachter design, but I like it. Interesting.
...But am I the only one seeing the hawk captain drinking from a cup with Comcept logo at 1:49? :lol

tljm9t1yvdt1u2d8h4qtmsbfnx.jpg

Welp, time to go check out Pixiv.

TreIII

Very cute. I'll keep an eye on this. And since the stupid 3DS doesn't allow me to import, I'm hoping it will get a timely localization.

redlemon

TreIII said:
Very cute. I'll keep an eye on this. And since the stupid 3DS doesn't allow me to import, I'm hoping it will get a timely localization.

I'd say a localisations likely enough. Rising Star tend to being out all of Marvelous' stuff since they used to be subsidiarity.

Tizoc

Mpl90 said:
Yeah, really Kung Fu Pandaesque charachter design, but I like it. Interesting.
...But am I the only one seeing the hawk captain drinking from a cup with Comcept logo at 1:49? :lol
That's why it's my new avatar, lol.
...and I don't get what you guys mean by it by Kung Fu Panda-esque; as already mentioned it take some stuff from Romance of the 3 Kingdoms.

So they let Piplup join Team Aqua? I kid...

Wow this looks interesting, glad Inafune came out of the works to show us his new game. Can't wait to hear more about it.

So how is Inafune going to fuck over Marvelous in a few years? Is he going to get the title of father of Harvest Moon now?

rpmurphy

Planned as a trilogy, eh? Hope that works out. Looks like the game could have potential to be decent.

But MAQL's new logo... rofl

saichi

The game does have a pirate theme, but you apparently play as a penguin.

SOLD!

Could it be One Piece with a penguin lead?

EDIT: nm OP. So the characters are really based on the ones from 3 kingdoms and the penguin is Liu Bei? I don't know if it's a good thing...

_dementia said:
I guess it's being unveiled now because they thought it would be lost in TGS
We're getting all the Marvelous AQL announcements now because they just became a combined entity. They didn't really have anything at TGS except New Little King's Story, which they're not even publishing.

I haven't been this conflicted about a game in a long time.

This has some of the most appalling furry-bait or just outright hideous character designs I've ever seen. This is the crappiest FMV I've seen since the 90s.

On the other hand, it's also got a fantastic minimalist art style with an appealing use of the color the likes I haven't seen since the SNES. It's also by Inafune.

I want to hug it and throw up at the same time.

You'd know better than me, so I'll take your word for it. I no like, is all.

Funny thing, the cat girl colors look almost the same as Mega Man using the Quick Boomerang, and now I can't unsee it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Honestly though, I am more reminded of them looking more like Chinese or Korean style than Japanese.

GDGF

Soothsayer
This looks kind of awesome.

Will definitely keep an eye out.

New 3DS games popping out left and right nowadays :)

I don't usually like pirates or pirate themed stuff, but this looks interesting. The trailer gives me an old-school vibe, reminding me of what I felt when I first saw Tail Concerto.
Baiano19 said:
am I in 1996? dat PSX FMV...
Haha I was thinking the same thing. It sort of made me happy, though. lol

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
"Let's take One Piece, replace all of the characters with animals, and oh right, also make it artistically repugnant."

SOLD.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
You guys are freaking out over the cat's wardrobe when Felicia has been entirely nude for the last 16 years? Catninja does have fur on dem boobies, ya know.

I'd have though American gamers had at least gotten over mere catgirls by now!

Anyone ask why Piplup is now a Team Aqua member?

Edit:

MidnightScott said:
So they let Piplup join Team Aqua? I kid...

Wow this looks interesting, glad Inafune came out of the works to show us his new game. Can't wait to hear more about it.

LOL FUCK!!! XD

Top Bottom