• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Avengers is being discontinued"

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is this on sale on PS5? I generally get most third parties on Series X, but I wouldn't wanna miss Spiderman, which I believe is still exclusive to PS right? How is he as a character? I played a bit of this on Series X when it was on Gamepass and I got bored quick, but I kinda wanna grab it just so I can return to it should I ever feel the need.

It's $3.99 on both PSN and XBL right now, just selling it for as cheap as they can before it discontinues at the end of this month.

Topher

Gold Member
Half of it was an online GAAS game. 50% of it has been rendered useless and raids will eventually stop working since less and less people are playing it. I understand your sentiment, but this isn't the best game to choose to bring up the disc vs digital issue.

Pretty sure Fake Fake is referring to the game being delisted rather than the online components.

Last edited:

The Stig

It's $3.99 on both PSN and XBL right now, just selling it for as cheap as they can before it discontinues at the end of this month.

also 3.99 on steam lol

I saw this for 3$ almost want it just play Iron Man.

Iron Man really needs his own game on the level of the Arkham series or Spider-Man.

adamsapple

Why the fuck not .. at $3.99

6NFBHZR.jpg

adamsapple

I was thinkin

I was going to do the same, you know how long the SP game is? I'm sure my kids could have $4 worth of fun out of it.

It's a pretty meaty campaign, 15~20 hours easy.

Plus, it's a *MUCH* better Kamala Khan origin story than that recent TV show.

You play through the campaign as all the key Avengers here and there so if your kids are fans, they'll get a kick out of it for sure.

Dural

It's a pretty meaty campaign, 15~20 hours easy.

Plus, it's a *MUCH* better Kamala Khan origin story than that recent TV show.

You play through the campaign as all the key Avengers here and there so if your kids are fans, they'll get a kick out of it for sure.

Sweet, I had $1.73 on my MS account so it was even cheaper.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This game made me happy that I grew up with the Capcom, Konami and ljn Marvel games. Having this game as your first Marvel game would suck.

I can see where kids would enjoy it. I paid full price and watched my wife finish it. She didn’t have a lot of good things to say about it.

The game sucked. Brought Crystal Dynamics from one of the top-tier developers in the industry down to mid-tier. Wasted four years of their talents and cost them a lot of staff. And there’s nothing to show for all those hundreds of millions wasted on it other than a half-ruined studio and a lackluster live service game that failed to have any traction at all, despite using the world’s most popular IP.

🤷‍♂️

Live & learn, I guess?

After getting delisted, will this be playable in co-op, and the missions too, without connecting to Square's servers, as in P2P?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Last few hours folks, the game will be delisted in the next couple of hours. $3.99 on all platforms.

kiphalfton

Definitely this. It's so sad that so many people decided Guardians of the galaxy was "like avengers" and gave up on it. Even today I still see people pretending it's the same as avengers, that it's a service game with loot and whatever, while it's not the case at all, but people don't even search for the slightest information and just decided to doom this game.

Guardians of the galaxy is amazing.

Guardians felt extremely repetitive, based off playing a couple levels here and there. Making it a shooter was a mistake.

graywolf323

Last few hours folks, the game will be delisted in the next couple of hours. $3.99 on all platforms.
I thought about getting it on Xbox just to have it everywhere (already have it on PSN & Steam) but it was already off sale yesterday and even earlier today it was gone entirely from purchase 🤷🏼‍♂️

Top Bottom