• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels Secret Wars by Hickman & Ribic |OT| Everything ends... Everything begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah but in its place...
I've just come to accept she's a weird chick. She either has babies with a robot (synthezoid, whatever), or she wants to bang her brother.

No more Wanda!

you don't understand it's a different time now
2200833-wasp_cap.jpg

You know, honestly, I still don't get it.

Ultron was the worst part of that story, though.

hamchan

I'm sorry, man. I made the unfortunate mistake of reading Ultimatum twice and it was garbage both times. It's just not even remotely good. It relies on shock value with very nonsensical deaths that do nothing to advance the plot whatsoever. It was very inconsistent and it had character assassinations left and right that made people scratch their heads.

It ends *surprise!* with a graphic death of Cyclops. The whole thing just brought down the potential of any other book besides Spider-Man. The damage was irreparable... until now.

Yep. Strong contender for the worst thing Marvel has ever made.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I just want to see that
inevitable meetup between Namor and BP. Gonna need another Battleworld domain called SALTY

Dude, I'm a guy who will openly admit to still looking back fondly on Ultimate 1 and 2. I feel like even that is worthy of being shat on.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
explain salty

pissed, or upset.

BP figured he at least got to kill Namor before the end of everything, because I figure if he hadn't, it would have came down to a similar battle to Cap and Tony, killing each other at the end of the world rather than surviving.

Just to have Namor show up alive and well, after the end of everything, Namor also having more hate fuel towards BP for being left for dead.

Mudcrab

I just want to see that
inevitable meetup between Namor and BP. Gonna need another Battleworld domain called SALTY

I thought that was my most anticipated fight of the event, but now I know it's all about the battle between the 2 Reeds
with each having zero fucks left to give.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
pissed, or upset.

BP figured he at least got to kill Namor before the end of everything, because I figure if he hadn't, it would have came down to a similar battle to Cap and Tony, killing each other at the end of the world rather than surviving.

Just to have Namor show up alive and well, after the end of everything, Namor also having more hate fuel towards BP for being left for dead.

i get what it means, but i dont think salty would be the title to call it. unless you apply it to both of them.

I thought that was my most anticipated fight of the event, but now I know it's all about the battle between the 2 Reeds
with each having zero fucks left to give.

Oh, my money is one 616 for that one.
The Maker has had plenty of time to be evil and feed his evil needs. 616 Reed has a lot of stuff pent up, and it is all going to be unleashed now that he has no fucks left to give. It is going to be awesome.

I still have money on Doom killing Ultimate Reed by the end.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh, my money is one 616 for that one.
The Maker has had plenty of time to be evil and feed his evil needs. 616 Reed has a lot of stuff pent up, and it is all going to be unleashed now that he has no fucks left to give. It is going to be awesome.

I still have money on Doom killing Ultimate Reed by the end.

For real,
616 Reed literally just lost everything he's ever cared about and everyone he's ever loved and it's all Ultimate Reed's fault. Ultimate Reed is going to wish he died in an incursion after 616 Reed is done with him.

For real,
616 Reed literally just lost everything he's ever cared about and everyone he's ever loved and it's all Ultimate Reed's fault. Ultimate Reed is going to wish he died in an incursion after 616 Reed is done with him.

What? How?
Ain't Stretchy Satan's fault that Reed can't build shielding worth a damn.

Muh guess: Vic gets rid of Stretchy, Reed works on Goat Legs.

Also, Namor - Tchalla feud has to keep going. Best Marvel feud.

For real,

Well, I wouldn't say
it is all Ultimate Reed's fault. He didn't cause the incursion. But, U. Reed will definitely be a scapegoat. And 616 Reed will be all like, "I took on a council of you twats. You think I am afraid of you?"
Shit, I could almost see 616 Reed and Doom teaming up to gangbang U. Reed.

Beartruck

I'm really conflicted by the idea of getting rid of all the multiverses. I felt they had most the most interesting stories over the past 20 years. Meanwhile, main Marvel has stagnated (Spidey's most important arc of the past decade involved actively erasing the current continuity). I feel like if they make one Marvel universe it'll just result in a universe where nothing exciting can ever truly happen, because now they're only one spiderman, one wolverine, one hulk. All stagnation.

Though if it means no more Marvel Zombies I'll give it a chance.

PBalfredo

So are these Battleworld things going to play into the post-reboot world or is it just a playground to have fun and revisit some of the old stuff before everything blows up?

VBmk49r.png

I'm surprised Marvel even remember Runaways these days, but ever more surprised that Molly Hayes is now being played by the Mad Magazine kid.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm really conflicted by the idea of getting rid of all the multiverses. I felt they had most the most interesting stories over the past 20 years. Meanwhile, main Marvel has stagnated (Spidey's most important arc of the past decade involved actively erasing the current continuity). I feel like if they make one Marvel universe it'll just result in a universe where nothing exciting can ever truly happen, because now they're only one spiderman, one wolverine, one hulk. All stagnation.

Multiple universes can still be generated most likely after the event.

Eh Multiverse will be back in some form at some point I have to imagine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's worse?

"Get with the times Cap, incest is in now"

Or

"Cap, do you even MySpace?"

What's the body count for this issue?
Black widow and everyone on the 1st shuttle eats shit, rocket racoon and susans part of the raft. When rocket racoon eats dust, I saw someone mentioning Groot but I never saw him...
Also I was happy Old Cap isn't in this, fuck that guy.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Appropriate.

Who else feels that Hickman could totally write an X-Men book?

Fucking Cyclops being all 'GIMME PHOENIX YAY' is one of my favourite moments ever in a comic-book. By which I mean he's a gigantic idiot and a martyr, but it makes so much sense that he'd pull this shit when the world was ending - the gigantic beta.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fucking Cyclops being all 'GIMME PHOENIX YAY' is one of my favourite moments ever in a comic-book. By which I mean he's a gigantic idiot and a martyr, but it makes so much sense that he'd pull this shit when the world was ending - the gigantic beta.

It's the biggest card he has to play, I imagine the plan was to nuke the other Earth and save the 616 as a result. If nothing else he knew what had to be done to save everything and was willing to do it, unlike literally everyone else in his universe. It's yet another instance of CYKE WAS RIGHT.

DeathyBoy

Banned
It's the biggest card he has to play, I imagine the plan was to nuke the other Earth and save the 616 as a result. If nothing else he knew what had to be done to save everything and was willing to do it, unlike literally everyone else in his universe. It's yet another instance of CYKE WAS RIGHT.

Oh, totally. I just love the other explanation that all of Cyclops toys got taken away and he's all 'fuck this shit, where's the broccoli PLANET?'

GAF member Sinitar created this reading guide for Hickman's run.

17325736411_a6719d7735_o.png

I remember being exhausted by Infinity and taking a break for a bit because the event was kind of lackluster. What I didn't know at the time is that things start getting really good once Infinity is out of the way.
Marvel unlimited only covers half of this....

By the way. What book was it shown that Cyclops had a Phoenix egg?

And what the heck is a X Nation? And where did Cyclops get sentinels?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can't count lol. I was reading happily and it just stopped =(.

Yeah. Well if you already have MU you know it's 6 months behind :p

I believe those issues started being bi weekly or something so at least we should be getting them a bit faster (since technically we should be 6 issues behind not 8). In fact I'm pretty sure we are due for new issues of both soon, probably monday

Protag

Banned
EYE

SAID

DAMN

WOO THIS IS GOING TO BE NUTS. NEED to get on my marvel unlimited sub.

Thread subbed. This even is truly bigger than epic. Wow.

DeathyBoy

Banned
By the way. What book was it shown that Cyclops had a Phoenix egg?

And what the heck is a X Nation? And where did Cyclops get sentinels?

Not sure which issue, but it's part of the Time Runs Out story. And I believe Nation X comes about after Axis - most of the mutants join forces in that event, and then stick together post Inversion.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

it wouldnt have mattered. there were multiversal agents getting wiped out. the phoenix wasnt gonna help anything.

it wouldnt have mattered. there were multiversal agents getting wiped out. the phoenix wasnt gonna help anything.

The Phoenix is the literal embodiment of Life. Using and saving Phoenix means life still has a chance.

One again Cyclops was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom