• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Oh wait...

So after we have some ridiculous discussion on which movie is better between TDK and Avengers.

Now we are going to another round of ridiculous discussion on who is stronger between Thor and Iron Man?

Come on people... We get better things to discuss, don't we?

Yeah, Thor vs Hulk.

noah111

Still Alive
DDsyq.png

did all the mods go out to watch the avengers together or something?

Oh wait...

So after we have some ridiculous discussion on which movie is better between TDK and Avengers.

Now we are going to another round of ridiculous discussion on who is stronger between Thor and Iron Man?

Come on people... We get better things to discuss, don't we?

It's not really a discussion :p

But to get back on track, I thought Whedon gave BW some serious love. She has some of the best scenes.

It's not really a discussion :p

But to get back on track, I thought Whedon gave BW some serious love. She has some of the best scenes.

What, exactly, are her powers? She mentions that she has particular skills, but is that just that she is a badass killer? Or that she is good at
getting info from people,
which is what she does multiple times during the film.

Dresden

What, exactly, are her powers? She mentions that she has particular skills, but is that just that she is a badass killer? Or that she is good at

Didn't look like it was anything more than just kung fu skillz, from what we see in the movie.

Log4Girlz

Okay, serious question. Do we really need a spoiler and non-spoiler thread?

Well, they do have spoilery things in the spoiler thread.

Really? You're resorting to this now? Christ, I'm only trying to clarify, I have no interest in shitty fanboy power level arguments.

Reminds me when I used to mod a comic board haha. And I barely even read comics, in fact most of the action was in the OT.

3phemeral

Okay.

Forget Thor. Let's go with Loki vs Iron Man.

Forget the Comic-verse. We're going only with what was in the movies.

Iron Man vs. Loki, Final Destination.

Is anyone here seriously picking Loki in this fight?
Not enough information to compute if we're only using movie-based info. At least, from what I remember.
Loki doesn't really do full-scale one-on-one battles. He does enough damage before he bails in order to finish up whatever overarching scheme he needs to complete.

Are we talking pre-sceptor Loki or post-sceptor? lol

duckroll

Well, they do have spoilery things in the spoiler thread.

Yeah I know, but we are starting to have more and more spoilery things here which is harder to control. I guess what I'm asking is, at this point is anyone still reading this thread and/or posting in it without expecting people to basically be talking about the contents of the movie itself now? I'm not making a judgement, just wondering.

noah111

Still Alive
Okay, serious question. Do we really need a spoiler and non-spoiler thread?
No. We also don't need a Hulk thread when there's an MCU thread for all speculation regarding future marvel studio movie. Perhaps the MCU thread could get a title change making it clearer..

But yeah, if this thread could get rid of spoiling shit that would be great, too. Honestly, who is jumping in here without having watched the movie at this point?

Hulk would have rofl-stomped.

Right, more like a curb-stomping for your side.

In your mirror-universe, I'm sure.

You've been pointed out as wrong a few times, you just think that all of us are Thor fans when in reality, we just have eyes.

Thor: I know something you do not know.
Iron Man: Yeah?
Thor: I am not left-handed. *flips Mjolnir to right hand*

Or:

Iron Man throws fist, Thor catches it. He throws another, same result.
Thor starts crushing them, sneering as he does so.

Or:

Iron Man headbutts Thor, who merely looks annoyed.
Thor headbutts Iron Man, which sends him flying back 20 feet.

HURR HURR FAIR FIGHT

Hero

Xia, you worked on the movie? Can you discuss what exactly you worked on and/or talk about anything? Genuinely interested. :)

noah111

Still Alive
Moderators Assemble!
I actually have pics of a lot of them so I could do a shoop if I wanted to. But I won't. Not today.

Also, I couldn't double post in this thread if I tried. Shit's moving faster than [insert spoilerific avengers reference here].

3phemeral

Yeah I know, but we are starting to have more and more spoilery things here which is harder to control. I guess what I'm asking is, at this point is anyone still reading this thread and/or posting in it without expecting people to basically be talking about the contents of the movie itself now? I'm not making a judgement, just wondering.

Yeah, maybe these x vs y stuff should be taken to the other thread.

What exercises do you recommend for killer triceps?

Even though you're being an ass. Laying triceps extensions. That's how you get Manly arms like Thor.

You guys have no idea how much lack of tri's bothered me. Because his biceps are nicely developed but his tri's...ugh.

Log4Girlz

No. We also don't need a Hulk thread when there's an MCU thread for all speculation regarding future marvel studio movie. Perhaps the MCU thread could get a title change making it clearer..

But yeah, if this thread could get rid of spoiling shit that would be great, too. Honestly, who is jumping in here without having watched the movie at this point?

But the Hulk thread is super cool and should be left alone.

I've sealed its fate haven't I?

I actually have pics of a lot of them so I could do a shoop if I wanted to. But I won't. Not today.

Can you make it a Bish banned gif? lolol

She's basically the ultimate spy/assassin. So, hand-to-hand, interrogation, etc.

Her and Hawkeye were the Black Ops part of the Ultimates, which is what they seem to be using here.

Koodo

Banned
Renner needs to work on his Triceps. Those things were laughable.
I will not tolerate attacks on my boyfriend Jeremy.

I was too dazzled to notice imperfections.

Holy shit what a great movie. Audience was pretty active actually. The part where
Hulk interrupts Loki + leaves him with a traumatized look on his face
killed us. Great balance between action and social interaction. I was thinking it'd be just some Michael Bay-like film but damn was I wrong.
The line that killed me was when Thor said
"[Loki] was adopted."
:lol

Zen

Banned
If they kept going at it, Hulk would've torn him in half.

In that circumstance, sure, but Thor wasn't going all out, he was trying to reason and then subdue him (see attempted choke hold to make him black out). Thor doesn't have the raw strength of Hulk, but there's a lot more to a fight than strength. If anyone in the roster can take out or stalemate the Hulk, it's Thor. He would have to make use of the full range of his powers to do it, but he could do it.

Thor is weaker than Iron Man, hahaha oh shit I couldn't make this up if I tried.

IronMan head but wiggles Thors head. Thor head but throws Iron Man several feet.

Yea, that seems equal.

Thor was kicking Iron Man's ass in that fight. The look on Tony's face whenever Thor did something said as much. Tony was like "WTF is going on?" as Thor crushed his puny armor.

Fury had a good gunfight I think.

Fury neck chopping fools then shooting them as they tried to invade the bridge were badass.

Korey

I want to know whether it's worth watching it in 3D or not. (I guess PM me with your opinions if there is no spoiler-less thread)

Edit: ok, skimmed responses, won't be watching it in 3D

Moaradin

I'm replying without reading any of the thread, but what happened to the regular Avenger's thread for those of us who haven't watched it yet? Why is there only a spoilers unmarked thread? I did a search and couldn't find the regular thread, can someone PM it to me?

I want to know whether it's worth watching it in 3D or not.

This was the regular thread, but spoilers are unmarked now.

As for 3D, I would say no.

I'm replying without reading any of the thread, but what happened to the regular Avenger's thread for those of us who haven't watched it yet? Why is there only a spoilers unmarked thread? I did a search and couldn't find the regular thread, can someone PM it to me?

I want to know whether it's worth watching it in 3D or not.

The original thread was getting littered with spoilers, so there was no need for an unmarked one

3D? Most likely not. Film was not shot in 3D, and converted afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom