• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Just saw the movie. Thought it was pretty good. I'm not a big fan of comics, be it books or film, so I was in no rush to see this one. I hadn't seen any of the individual films in the universe, but I didn't really feel like I missed out. The beginning and middle were alright, while the last half hour or so was great. Funniest moment was the "You've got a condition, son" line.

Still don't care to watch Iron Man or Captain America or Thor or whatever. Batman seems to be the only superhero I give a crap about.

G-Fex

You know I was watching Christine shortly before I saw the Avengers last week. Then holy crap it's the damn detective in the movie. He's pretty old now.

Amagon

Who was the person that they kept on referring to when anybody is talking to Agent Caulson about?

Sorry about the double post.

She changed the whole theme of the series with her "whimsy" and stupid ass one liners. Bruce was a man on a mission with rick and betty to keep him human. Rick got bounced, and its international adventures with the lamest version of she hulk ever.

You should blame network execs for requiring the show to be less dark during the second season, and not they way they implemented this demand.

Dram

They didn't mention a name just that he was dating a cellist. Was this something from iron man 2 or just from the avengers?

Replicant

He's clearly the best out of the lineup. It's weird that they're flexing him for only 3 payments.
I'm personally just picking up Hawkeye. I already have the first Thor and modded him to be a bit more bulky, so I'm set.

7177814544_a4db6115c5_z.jpg

Is that figure as good as it looks on the pic? Which company made it?

So. Just learned that the idea to kill Coulson was not Whedon's, but Feige's.

So.
You know.
That settles if he's coming back or not.

I don't know shit about The Vision other than he's a robot.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Is it me or the Iron Man fights in the Avengers were a lot better than the ones in the 2 Iron Man films?

I wonder how much the Blu-Ray alone is going to make them.

Disney and Marvel is going to make a ton of money on that. Hopefully the Blu-ray comes out before the end of the year.

Non of the Marvel movies pre-Avengers had good action, so yes, Avengers thoroughly creams them.
Hulk fighting the Abomination was cool though.

I doubt they'll make Coulson the Vision. They'd need both Ant-Man and Ultron and they won't have time in his movie (especially if Wasp or Scott Lang are involved) and I doubt many will remember Coulson by Avengers 2.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Non of the Marvel movies pre-Avengers had good action, so yes, Avengers thoroughly creams them.

Cap did have a good fight with Red Skull toward the end. Thor's end fight was terrible. Iron Man really didn't have to fight if he just used the tank missile to blow people up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hulk fighting the Abomination was cool though.

I doubt they'll make Coulson the Vision. They'd need both Ant-Man and Ultron and they won't have time in his movie (especially if Wasp or Scott Lang are involved) and I doubt many will remember Coulson by Avengers 2.
Coulson is the fabric that ties the MCU together. Ofcourse everyone will remember him, he's been in the most movies.

If the Ant-Man villain is Ultron, they'd for sure have him ready by A2. Not that I'm anticipating it, but still. Especially if Ant-Man is slated for for late 2013/early 2014.

Dram

Of course with the movies being their own thing, they could always change how Vision was created. They don't have to follow the storylines from the comics.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Of course with the movies being their own thing, they could always change how Vision was created. They don't have to follow the storylines from the comics.

Yeah, there seem to a lot of people missing this point. They need not be slavishly devoted to origin stories, and really haven't been so far.

Coulson is the fabric that ties the MCU together. Ofcourse everyone will remember him, he's been in the most movies.

Eh, he was never a big role in any of the films. To me he was just a faceless suit, and until the avengers there was no real character development into him. In fact, he kinda came off as a jerk in Thor/IM2, only to turn around and be a lovable dorky fan in the avengers. If I remember him its only because of people here have brought him up so much.

So I just read the Thor/Destroyer/Marnot story in Mighty Thor Vol. 2... and wtf? The Destroyer is a beast. I see why people shit on the movie version now. :lol

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Is that figure as good as it looks on the pic? Which company made it?
Hot Toys makes those figures and they are amazing. I have the Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins Suit and first Dark Knight Joker figure and love them. The detail is so good. I'm planning on getting the 89 Batman and Joker next week. I think I might get all the Avengers ones as well just cause they look really cool as a group.

Here are all the available and pre-order Avengers ones...

Loki
Capain America
Thor
Hawkeye
Nick Fury

They've only teased Hulk, Iron Man, and Black Widow so far.

Here are some of the older Marvel ones

Iron Man Mark 1 (2.0)
Iron Man Mark II
War Machine
Suit-Up Gantry Iron Man in Mark IV Armor
Iron Monger
Red Skull
Odin
Captain America First Avenger outfit

There are plenty more Iron Man versions, but I can't find them on the site anymore, they're probably sold out.

EDIT - Found them, they were hidden...

Iron Man Mark III
Iron Man Mark IV (Secret Project)
Iron Man Mark IV
Iron Man Mark V
Iron Man Mark VI
Thor from his own movie
Tony Stark

lush

Just saw it for the 2nd time in a pretty full theater. Not as fun as the midnight showing but it was nice hearing some dialogue that I missed. Took my 11 year old brother along as well for his birthday, he lost his shit throughout and kept elbowing me during the last 30 minutes. Knew it was Thanos during the credit scene as well.

<3 this movie

y2dvd

Hot Toys makes those figures and they are amazing. I have the Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins Suit and first Dark Knight Joker figure and love them. The detail is so good. I'm planning on getting the 89 Batman and Joker next week. I think I might get all the Avengers ones as well just cause they look really cool as a group.

Here are all the available and pre-order Avengers ones...

Loki
Capain America
Thor
Hawkeye
Nick Fury

They've only teased Hulk, Iron Man, and Black Widow so far.

Here are some of the older Marvel ones

Iron Man Mark 1 (2.0)
Iron Man Mark II
War Machine
Suit-Up Gantry Iron Man in Mark IV Armor
Iron Monger
Red Skull
Odin
Captain America First Avenger outfit

There are plenty more Iron Man versions, but I can't find them on the site anymore, they're probably sold out.

EDIT - Found them, they were hidden...

Iron Man Mark III
Iron Man Mark IV (Secret Project)
Iron Man Mark IV
Iron Man Mark V
Iron Man Mark VI
Thor from his own movie
Tony Stark

I want them all! Now I just gotta get rich. ;[ The level of detail is amazing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Rewatching The Incredible Hulk (the only one I skipped marathoning prior to the Avengers). It's just really mediocre, ultimately. I don't have any serious problems with it... it's like the absolute least amount of work you could do with a great cast (I love Tim Roth and and Edward Norton seriously) and the character of the Hulk to create a movie.

This certainly isn't a fair comparison, but I was watching it while playing Arkham City and I couldn't believe how much more compelling the in-game narrative was than that of the film.

I did catch the usage of the original "sad walking" music from the Hulk TV show, which I missed the first time around. And I do like the conversations between Blonsky and Ross quite a bit. But really it's Ruffalo's character now- he just owns it.

Rewatching The Incredible Hulk (the only one I skipped marathoning prior to the Avengers). It's just really mediocre, ultimately. I don't have any serious problems with it... it's like the absolute least amount of work you could do with a great cast (I love Tim Roth and and Edward Norton seriously) and the character of the Hulk to create a movie.

This certainly isn't a fair comparison, but I was watching it while playing Arkham City and I couldn't believe how much more compelling the in-game narrative was than that of the film.

I did catch the usage of the original "sad walking" music from the Hulk TV show, which I missed the first time around. And I do like the conversations between Blonsky and Ross quite a bit. But really it's Ruffalo's character now- he just owns it.

The Incredible Hulk is quite passable as a film. It's alright, but not offensive in anyway.

I can't remember the last big blockbuster they had a big final battle this good. They didn't feel airless and obligatory, or have bullshit shaky camera. Where the movie actually BUILDS UP to these huge moments, and the action is built around the characters. There's drama, jokes, surprises, suspense, and goddamnit, the Hulk interrupted a dramatic Loki speech to beat the shit out of Loki like a ragdoll. It's absolutely amazing.

G-Fex

Viewtiful is right, there is no shitty camera angles.

Unlike a bunch of other movies lately, I could actually keep up with the shit going on.

It was great.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Incredible Hulk is quite passable as a film. It's alright, but not offensive in anyway.
Exactly how I'd describe it.

It's funny- every single film I've rewatched has been made better by the Avengers in retrospect... except TIH. Captain America arguably has benefited the most; nearly every line of Evans' is given new weight. But when rewatching TIH I'm just wishing there had been a Ruffalo Hulk prequel movie.

I dunno. Norton does a perfectly decent job. It's just too bad, really. I'm hungry for MORE. IM3 can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom