• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosDaddie

Banned
In other news, I just bought a bunch of the Avengers Lego sets they put out recently. I'm more excited than is probably healthy to put together a little team of Lego superheroes.

I pre-ordered the Hulk Avengers figure from the Diamond Select line. I think it's over 8" tall. Doesn't come out until next month, though. :(

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I don't think there's references to the other films in Incredible Hulk. Might be wrong though.

The super soldier serum is used on Bruce Banner and Emil Blonsky in the film. It even has the same blue color as in the Captain America film.

Retrocide

You know, I kept wondering why they called it Avengers Assemble in the UK....then I remembered that horrid movie staring Uma Thurman...

AngryMoth

Wow, didn't realise this was so close. Pretty hyped, but I maintain the opinion I've always had; it will be spectacular, but I can cannot see how it can possibly be a legitimately good movie.

Dram

I don't think there's references to the other films in Incredible Hulk. Might be wrong though.

I think the storm that happens when Hulk is hiding in the cave with Betty is supposed to have something to do with Thor.

sharbhund

I am hype.

Anyone know where the mondo posters are being sold/times?

April 19th for the Black Widow poster (only 320 were made)
April 20th for the Hawkeye poster (220 were made).

According to the Huffington Post, 5 more posters were commissioned and will be revealed in the coming days as well.

I assume they will be sold here.

MechDX

Mondo posters:

MPEdL.jpg

Just shows that Hawkeyes costume in the movie needs a hint of his purple

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
April 19th for the Black Widow poster (only 320 were made)
April 20th for the Hawkeye poster (220 were made).

I assume they will be sold here.

I didn't know they were that limited :(

Both are definitely a lot better than all the other print promotions i've seen so far. The official poster with the four-storey Captain America is just awful.

Tobor

I didn't know they were that limited :(

Both are definitely a lot better than all the other print promotions i've seen so far. The official poster with the four-storey Captain America is just awful.

Why do people keep saying this? He's clearly standing on rubble.

Slayven

I guess movie Avengers don't have to be founded by Stark. In comics The Avengers are a technically a charity funded by the Maria Stark Foundation that pays for support staff and expenses. They even get audited.

Was looking up local listen for the movie, I really want to go BUT I now see.
ONLY SHOWING IN 3D :(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/:(:/ !!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Can't stand 3D I do not like the collars and I get sick watching 3D to long.

So I guess its waiting for the blue-ray for me.

THANKS PATHE
NOT :mad:

I guess movie Avengers don't have to be founded by Stark. In comics The Avengers are a technically a charity funded by the Maria Stark Foundation that pays for support staff and expenses. They even get audited.

In the films, everything is handled by SHIELD. I assume it's the same for the Ultimate Comics.

Cartman86

Banned
Tony Stark walks into that bar at the end of The Incredibly Hulk to talk to General Ross about getting the Hulk to join the Avengers doesn't he? So Hulk happens during Iron Man 2 when Tony doesn't want to join SHIELD. Then by the end of that film he accepts to come on board as a consultant and is sent over to try and partner with Ross (and maybe Hulk?).

Tony Stark walks into that bar at the end of The Incredibly Hulk to talk to General Ross about getting the Hulk to join the Avengers doesn't he? So Hulk happens during Iron Man 2 when Tony doesn't want to join SHIELD. Then by the end of that film he accepts to come on board as a consultant and is sent over to try and get Hulk.
Actually, the one shot called "The Consultant" directly deals with this scene. It's an extra on either the Thor or Cap Blu-Rays. You can probably find it online too.

Tony Stark walks into that bar at the end of The Incredibly Hulk to talk to General Ross about getting the Hulk to join the Avengers doesn't he? So Hulk happens during Iron Man 2 when Tony doesn't want to join SHIELD. Then by the end of that film he accepts to come on board as a consultant and is sent over to try and partner with Ross (and maybe Hulk?).

I believe this is the case.

I actually think there is an off hand remark about Hulk in Iron Man 2.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I don't suppose anyone has any source or confirmation about the whole lightning storm in the Hulk = Thor coming to earth or whatever do they? From any "official" source?

Would be interesting if someone put together a timeline of sorts that connected all the dots the movies managed to create. Like when everything was happening and all the small little hints and nods. Above me is another example... i can't think off the top of my head of any Hulk reference in Iron Man 2. But I do not doubt it's there.

Misfits

Neo Member
I don't suppose anyone has any source or confirmation about the whole lightning storm in the Hulk = Thor coming to earth or whatever do they? From any "official" source?

Would be interesting if someone put together a timeline of sorts that connected all the dots the movies managed to create. Like when everything was happening and all the small little hints and nods. Above me is another example... i can't think off the top of my head of any Hulk reference in Iron Man 2. But I do not doubt it's there.

there is a hulk reference in iron man 2. you can see the fallout from the fight in the incredible hulk on the university campus on the screens in the room where tony sits down with fury and is told he can't join the avengers.

I believe this is the case.

I actually think there is an off hand remark about Hulk in Iron Man 2.

I think the ending of TIH with Stark in the bar was originally intended to serve as a nod to recruiting the Hulk for the Avengers, as Cartman stated.

It was retconned later to occur after IM2, where Stark has already become a consultant for SHIELD. SHIELD wants to bring Blonsky/Abomination aboard the Avengers because they're blaming Banner for the NYC attacks. Coulson purposely sends Stark to piss off General Ross so that he won't release Abomination to SHIELD to join the Avengers.

This is all explained in "The Consultant." You can actually find it online if you want to check it out. Fills in some gaps that I'm sure aren't addressed elsewhere.

I imagine the reason the whole scene was retconned was that the method for recruiting Hulk into the Avengers was altered to be explained during the Avengers movie itself. Can't confirm that, obviously, but seems to make sense.

http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/5395/A-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Timeline/

I think this comes pretty close to what you're looking for.

Blader

I think the ending of TIH with Stark in the bar was originally intended to serve as a nod to recruiting the Hulk for the Avengers, as Cartman stated.

It was retconned later to occur after IM2, where Stark has already become a consultant for SHIELD. SHIELD wants to bring Blonsky/Abomination aboard the Avengers because they're blaming Banner for the NYC attacks. Coulson purposely sends Stark to piss off General Ross so that he won't release Abomination to SHIELD to join the Avengers.

This is all explained in "The Consultant." You can actually find it online if you want to check it out. Fills in some gaps that I'm sure aren't addressed elsewhere.

I imagine the reason the whole scene was retconned was that the method for recruiting Hulk into the Avengers was altered to be explained during the Avengers movie itself. Can't confirm that, obviously, but seems to make sense.

When they made that teaser for TIH, Zak Penn was writing the Avengers and his script dealt with the team being put together to deal with and bring in the Hulk (which is what Stark suggests at the end of the movie). When Whedon came on board, they threw out Penn's story and came up with a new one, so Marvel made The Consultant short as a way of retconning the end teaser in TIH.

When they made that teaser for TIH, Zak Penn was writing the Avengers and his script dealt with the team being put together to deal with and bring in the Hulk (which is what Stark suggests at the end of the movie). When Whedon came on board, they threw out Penn's story and came up with a new one, so Marvel made The Consultant short as a way of retconning the end teaser in TIH.

Alright, so I was right on the money then. Retconned because they changed how Hulk was recruited into the Avengers (as a result of Whedon coming aboard, as you mentioned.)

So my local theater in ct is only doing one midnight screen, in their smaller auditorium, in 3d. No 2d until next day, and no IMAX until next day. Wtf?

shira

So my local theater in ct is only doing one midnight screen, in their smaller auditorium, in 3d. No 2d until next day, and no IMAX until next day. Wtf?

If you are diehard fan bringing your daughter to cosplay thursday at midnite you can obviously afford missing work/school the next day and can absorb the extra $5.

The theater I work at has presales for only 3D shows at midnight. We're likely adding 2D showings as well though, so I'd just keep an eye on your theater. Things may change closer to release.

I'm thinking about taking a 40 mile drive to see it in D-Box. I've never actually seen a movie in D-Box, and I figure this might be the time to finally take the plunge into stupidity.

Definitely looking forward to this move and finally ordered CA & Thor on blu - despite having seen both in theaters. Since it's coming out on the fourth of May here, I'm glad I can just marathon IM - IM2 - Hulk - Thor - CA so that I'll be refreshed for sure.

Debating to put all the digital copies on my ipad, but I know they'll look pretty bad on the screen. :-/

An-Det

That's a shame. I was considering going there for the midnight release if I didn't end up going to Lisbon. 3d makes that much less appealing.

torontoml

Sucks I won't get to see any movies over the summer, leave to work in a spot with no theatre on the 2nd of May, 2 days before the start of this summer's Blockbusters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom